Sea Cab ride Update 7/4/06

jedimaster1227

BradleyJay said:
Its isn't runnign behind and was never planned for April. It was always a Fall 2006 opening.

Not true at all. April '06 was the projected opening date, but due to several construction issues, the project was pushed back. It isn't easy to work in such a sensitive area like the Living Seas. Remember how much water is around you...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Actually, there never was a projected opening date prior to the press releases stating Fall 06.

We had rumors, based on the closure of Seas to remove the hydrolators last fall, but nothing was ever official about April. That is however when Everest was to open.

jedimaster1227

mousermerf said:
Actually, there never was a projected opening date prior to the press releases stating Fall 06.

We had rumors, based on the closure of Seas to remove the hydrolators last fall, but nothing was ever official about April. That is however when Everest was to open.

My construction source provided me with a time-frame schedule about a year and a half ago about the SeaCabs project and its opening was set for April '06. But that is just my source. :lookaroun

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
A year and a half ago, then yeah, it may have been April '06.

The LS project overall has been a huge one and at this rate, been going on for years. Does anyone recall when the first changes started? I'm not sure of the exact dates myself.

Turtle Talk was the first change, no? Or was it the Nemo and Friends module? I do know Bruce's Shark World seems to be the last Module to open.

Then there was the big closure that removed the hydrolators and repainted the inside. At that time, the Manatee areas changed to Nemo narration and minor signage changes.

The second floor above Nemo and Friends is the only original area left, and it's the only place where they play the old music rather than Nemo's soundtrack. The other day i was looking at the main tank window near it, and saw the reflection of the Living Seas logo from the computer screen in the glass and spent the next 10mins trying to figure out where it was coming from - it's a hold out ;)

I, personally, think they've got to close the place down to finish. I cannot see them taking down the interior walls they constructed easily and overnight. Plus, I feel there has got to be more signage installed in the building or something, maybe more decor, because it just feels bland and empty. Not to mention that untouched module that plays the wrong music.

So, anyone know when that will happen?

Things we know..

1. Ride track is seemingly done, otherwise the vehicle bases wouldn't be installed.

2. Ride vehicles are somewhat done or finished, as people saw them a bit ago on the backstage tours at central shops.

3. They moved to the exterior work and look to be doing real show-scene work in the ride itself, indicating they're "physically" ready with the ride.

4. Other parts of the pavilion are being refurbished, like the back fascade panels that may have had water damage and such, as those are being torn out and replaced (visible from the monorail station).

Ah.. and I think I know where the delay came from from the estimate a year or so ago - LS was severely damaged during the hurricanes. It flooded, and remember it was the only part of Epcot not to immediately reopen. They probably added the main building rebuild/refurb to the budget and timeframe.

jedimaster1227

A year and a half ago, then yeah, it may have been April '06.

The LS project overall has been a huge one and at this rate, been going on for years. Does anyone recall when the first changes started? I'm not sure of the exact dates myself.

Turtle Talk was the first change, no? Or was it the Nemo and Friends module? I do know Bruce's Shark World seems to be the last Module to open.

Then there was the big closure that removed the hydrolators and repainted the inside. At that time, the Manatee areas changed to Nemo narration and minor signage changes.

The Nemo and Friends module came first, followed by TTwC and the Bruce's World. The Hydrolators were the last to be removed and now the SeaCabs are being resurrected.

The Nemo project has long been in development (taking ideas from the original concept of the pavilion-dry for wet technology). The project information was sent to me about a year and a half ago. That was back when the old SeaCabs were still used for storage.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Acrylic doesn't hold up, neiother does lucite. So, creating a see-through enclosure which had to deal with guests beating it up wouldn't work.

goofntink

jmaxwell007 said:
be on the look-out at Mouse Surplus to see if they have bought any for auction..... then they can live forever and ever in your living room

:D

Would these be what you are talking about?:D

Attachments

• livingseasveh2.jpg
    livingseasveh2.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 154

jedimaster1227

goofntink said:
Would these be what you are talking about?:D

I love MouseSurplus! I saw the SeaCab, a Snow White's Scary Adventure car, a bunch of fenders from Mr. Toad's cars, an old sign from Body Wars sponsored by MetLife and a bunch of Imagination posters (from back when the Dreamfinder was still there). I was so angry that I missed the shipment the week before I went carrying most of the characters from Food Rocks. MKT was lucky enough to snap some photos of those. I can't wait to see the new location! :D

blackerbys17

You have GOT to go see the new location! I never saw the old one but I was at the new one a few weeks ago and it was amazing! Still had the cars from Mr. Toad's and I did indeed see the Sea Cab as pictured above and even a piece of Monorail Red, very cool! Every Disney fan must visit this place once in their lifetime, sort of like the Disney Mecca! :lol:

jedimaster1227

You actually enter through the old exit. The exit hydrolators were removed to make exiting crowd flow more simple. The old crowd flow should be re-instated after the complete rehab is finished. The old entrance is being worked on right as we speak.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom