Screw-ups during live shows?

RichS

This past April we were at Epcot in the America pavilion and the during the pre-show (forget the groups name)the narrator lost his train of thought. He kept messing up then one of the other singers steped up and took his place and continued the show. Felt bad for the guy.

sillyspook13

JeffH said:
Genie must have had a real good (loud) stage voice to have been heard, since he wouldn't have been mic'ed and his part was pre-taped.
Ditto..... That story sounds a little :rolleyes: to me.

Same show though, once Jafar's hat didn't split, so he kept banging his hand against his head until it did..... :lol:

cherrynegra

I was watching "Tarzan Rocks" with a friend and one of the rollerskaters did a slide across the stage oh his stomach and stopped himself before falling off the stage. I thought it was part of the show until he got up, went back to the spot he slipped at and seemed to be checking for something on the floor. Then we figured it out.....and started laughing. :lol: The thing is, I thought it was a cool stunt and would never have known the difference if had played it off.

WDW1971

MSTINKHERBELL01 said:
During Voyage of The Little Mermaid...Ariel lost her place during her solo. She hummed her way through the end. Im a vocalist (opera,RnB,gospel) so I could totally understand how she mustve felt.:zipit: My friends (also muscians) thought it was the most hilarious thing ever! I was sooo embarrassed for her!

I sing solos in church and that's my biggest fear...forgetting the words!! I've done it once or twice. It's not fun. People laugh at you all the while knowing they wouldn't get up there and even try it! :mad:

bferrara16

WDW1971 said:
I sing solos in church and that's my biggest fear...forgetting the words!! I've done it once or twice. It's not fun. People laugh at you all the while knowing they wouldn't get up there and even try it! :mad:

rough church

Tara Mae

Not really a screw up, per se, but during one showing of "The Voyage of the Little Mermaid"Ariel's microphone wire, which is usually hidden underneath the back of her clothing, was visible. Just hanging there, like they had been in a hurry and didn't even bother to fix it.
Eric's wig moved in that same showing. It was funny, one minute the hair is normal, the next it was facing the audience! lol
A showing later, Max, the dog, was running to jump up into Ariel&Eric's arms, and slid, and almost fell into the audience.
I'm guessing these were new cast? lol

Anyone remember Ashlee Simpson's SNL screw up?
Similar thing happened when we were watching "Beauty and the Beast" on stage in 1998. The music started, but for some reason Gaston didn't start "lip-syncing" or singing until about five lines in. I was in the front row, and I know for a fact his lips weren't in tune for the first stanza. lol

RyanS

I saw Hercules on ice way back when, and the guy who was playing Hercules went to do a triple axle and slipped and landed on his face. This was when he was a "zero" so it could have been part of the show, but I don't think so.

wdwishes2005

MSTINKHERBELL01 said:
Are you kidding?! "SHOWS OVER FOLKS.MICKEY'S DEAD"?? What an awful thing to say...imagine the children that could and probably did hear the CM say that. Not tasteful!

lol, thats funny but still distasteful for the children.

Tom

Beta Return
brich said:
Does Disney On Ice count? I saw a "wardrobe malfunction" from the second row that lasted about 60 seconds longer than the infamous SuperBowl version. Poor girl. She continued with her routine until it wasn't so obvious a time to fix it. I think she was hoping not to bring more attention to it. :eek:
I know I speak for all the dad's that were sitting around me when I say, we WILL go to Disney On Ice again....and again...and again... :lookaroun

Do you have video of this......er, I mean, for historical record of course.....

And was this a full-blown Jackson quality malfunction? I find it hard to believe that something would be completely exposed for 60 seconds - the most convenient time to fix that would be immediately - even if it's somewhat obvious, I would think.

PhilosophyMagic

Have any of you seen or heard of a major character costume "malfunction" like a head falling off? I'm so surprised that it doesn't happen more often! Are there any pictures of such a thing? I've never found ONE anywhere, (except that obviously fake one with the scary-looking girl as Mickey).

JEDIsney

nicholas said:
Yay! Someone remembers the video I posted!! I feel loved! :D

http://tonymisiano.com/video/potts.mov

That was hilarious. Before I even started watching it, I was already laughing because I knew it would be something funny. I thought that maybe someone would fall off the stage, and before I knew it I saw Mrs. Potts rolling around. I have not seen many things as funny as that. Thanks for re-posting it, that's definitely a keeper.

IlovyensiD

biggest fantasmic malfunction i have ever seen was when they could not get the dragon to fold back up into the mountain. so as the boat came out the pumped a huge load of smoke to cover it up. and at the end of the show mikey had to walk out instead of pop out of the ground to say "some imagintaion ".

We have also watched fantasmic and have the sound cut out in the middle of the performance. they stopped the show and restarted but then the lights would not turn out so they delayed the show again. but the third time ran pretty smoothly. pretty fun expierience.

themack618

Im a CM on Main St. and I witnessed a performance of Wishes where for a whole 2 minutes, none of the fireworks exploded. There was music playing, but no fireworks. This happened in between the Blue Fairy segment and the grand finale. This was in December 2004 at one of the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parties.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`ve posted elsewhere about Fantasmic!s dragon being stuck hakf in half out and not performing. It was just keft there for all to see when the lights came up and Malifecent did the alternate villan ending (very quickly - if the dragon wasn`t visible you wouldn`t have thought any different)

I guess with any show if you know what to look for something will go wrong, from a light not working to a stuck dragon to a firework not launching...thats showbiz! With the ammount of and the scale of the shows at Disney I`m constantly in awe of the performers and techs backstage that things consistantly go so well.

Night_Aaron

EpcotGrl said:
My favorite was during (I think) the Castle show...the Genie's head was a bit loose, and right as he lost it he shouted "POOF! HUMAN HEAD!" So when his "real" head appeared, it wasn't SOO bad. They quickly rushed him off stage, but still: Good show, Genie!! :sohappy:

That stories a myth. I've heard every version of it in the world and being "friends" with Genie I find it very unlikely. I heard it happened on set when a guest ran up to give him a hug. The story keeps getting retold and keeps getting more ridiculous. I just don't believe it. It's just like the story of the Mickey who was working at Grad Night and was tossed into the water around the castle and when she removed her head to prevent herself from drowning she was fired and sued for "breaking the magic". But I know someone who knew someone who was friends with someone who was there so it must be true.

PirateStagehand

MSTINKHERBELL01 said:
During Voyage of The Little Mermaid...Ariel lost her place during her solo. She hummed her way through the end.

I saw this once too! Her voiced cracked a little and she lost her place. I felt bad but have worked enough live theater to give her credit for not losing her composure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom