Screw-ups during live shows?

DisneyDefenders

Once in Tarzan Rocks...the guy playing Tarzan had a wardrobe malfunction...and since he only has one piece as part of his wardrobe...you can imagine what that was like! :slurp:

Oh wait...that didn't really happen...it was only a dream! :rolleyes:

robynchic

peter11435 said:
Umm. No. From the WDW magic main site. "The mountain stands approximately 57.5 feet above the water." That’s far more than 2 stories, in fact its more than 4 stories. And I highly doubt Mickey ever fell from the top of the mountain. He is safely attached to a device to raise and lower him, and if he did fall it would be all over the news as he would have been severely injured if not killed. My guess is this is a CM story that got mixed up a bit. Mickey has fallen down the stairs on the mountain before, most likely that story got twisted into the mouse falling from the top of the mountain.

There's all kinds of hiccups someone can experience. And if you look at how the mountain is built, he could have fallen only 20 feet. Furthermore, I've spoken to some people that are friends with Mickey, and got to hang out with him during Fantasmic, and they said that sometimes, he doesn't ALWAYS strap himself in super-securely.

Sledge

Account Suspended
CaptJackSparrow said:
Once in Tarzan Rocks...the guy playing Tarzan had a wardrobe malfunction...and since he only has one piece as part of his wardrobe...you can imagine what that was like! :slurp:

Oh wait...that didn't really happen...it was only a dream! :rolleyes:

That's the most disturbing thing I've ever read. :(

peter11435

robynchic said:
There's all kinds of hiccups someone can experience. And if you look at how the mountain is built, he could have fallen only 20 feet. Furthermore, I've spoken to some people that are friends with Mickey, and got to hang out with him during Fantasmic, and they said that sometimes, he doesn't ALWAYS strap himself in super-securely.
It doesn't change the fact that I highly doubt it ever happened.

joanna71985

If Mickey did fall, it couldn't have been too far. If he had been seriously hurt, more people would have heard about it. Just look about the accident in MK in 2004. It was reported right after it happened.

PhotoDave219

robynchic said:
Um...that's gotta be a stretch. That DID happen, but in DAK's first year, which means NOT 2003. The keepers didn't realize how close a storm was, and didn't round up all the animals in time. There was footage from a guest riding Kilimangaro Safaris, but I think it was confiscated.

A giraffe was killed in 2003 due to lightning. Look it up.

robynchic

joanna71985 said:
If Mickey did fall, it couldn't have been too far. If he had been seriously hurt, more people would have heard about it. Just look about the accident in MK in 2004. It was reported right after it happened.

Yeah, well it's not every day a cast member dies. Imagine what it's like to hear a blip on the news back home, then read the name on CNN's website, and being a friend of the person. :cry:

TheBeatles

The only screw-ups I've seen are at Indy Jones. The fire did not surrond the plane one time and they started that scene over again and the director feed us some b.s. about how movies aren't filmed in one take. The other time was the same scene, but the explosion did not go off. I know this isn't a live show screw up but the funniest WDW show goof I have ever seen is the Abe Lincoln who slowly bends in half backwards.

LadyDarling

Being a live performer myself... I can sympathize with many of these (forgetting the lyrics, falling on stage - I'm the queen of breaking my toes on stage...). I admire those who have just gone on with the show! I must admit, I'm surprised to hear of shows being restarted or canceled, unless it's a major disaster (IMHO, Pocahontas forgetting the words isn't a major disaster worth restarting the show, what ever happened to "The show must go on"?).

Anyway, once in 2003 in the Indy show, when Indy comes down through the ceiling, and little bits of something fall with him, one of those bits caught on fire on the ground (it's been a couple years, so I don't remember how it happened, but I think his torch had something to do with it). Indy did great and noticed it pretty quickly and stomped it out. The show went on. :sohappy:

Disney4Eva

Original Poster
TheBeatles said:
I know this isn't a live show screw up but the funniest WDW show goof I have ever seen is the Abe Lincoln who slowly bends in half backwards.
OMG I saw that on America's Funniest Home Videos & I DIED laughing! :lol: It was the best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom