scrapbook challenge feb 8-14

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
very nice disneyfalcon! as coree said, I like the emphasis on the 2nd photo, both by the parenthesis and by it being a little larger.
Do you fully plan/ sketch out your pages, or do you just do it as you go? I'm a do it as you go type of person, but your pagea are fantastic! They could be in th e scrapbooking magazines I read!!
Nice job everyone, by the way. I hope to finish my first challenge page tonight! Wish me luck!

Disneyfalcon

Thank you very much myhappyplace!! I usually have some idea before I start. I lay down the photos, move them around, try some embellishments, and decide how I like it before I tape. I have a friend that tapes as soon as she puts something down. I can't do that. I have to have everything on the page before I'm sure enough to tape something down.

Can't wait to see your page!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
S6301459.jpg

okay, so totally NOT at all how I envisioned this. Sometimes the best pages come out of that, but I'm not so sure about this one. What do you guys think? Trust me, everything that could have gone wrong did. My pics weren't completely dry, so I smeared some ink on the yellow background. Then, I started to rub the title "warm hearts" in the upper rt. corner, but another rubon accidentally stuck (which is why they tell you to cut them apart, duh, amber). Overall, I'm pretty happy considering all that went wrong. I do hope there is enough of a negative space for the challenge. I know you guys aren't harsh judges, but I just want to stick to the challenge as well as I can. thanks!

Disneyfalcon

Oh I really like it Amber!! You did a great job mixing papers! And the tearing looks great. You've got plenty of negative space. Great job!!

Coree

I completely agree that the page looks great, Amber. Never in a million years would I have thought of that layout, the way the papers are layered, the embellishment placement, etc. But they all work really well together. Nice job!

eagles

Original Poster
disneyfalcon, that is a great page as always! but i so wished you had not used the brackets, as i have been pondering using them in a challenge. but that is ok, you did a great job using them.

i am still going to use them in a challenge, just not sure how or when right now.

mouselvrmom

I love your page, Tammy. The parentheses are great and really add emphasis, however,

Woo hoo! Do I get bonus points?:D

No you don't get bonus points! You should be expected to get them done just like us. :ROFLOL:Oh, I'm just teasing, maybe you could get one bonus point. :lol:

mouselvrmom

I really like your page, too, happy place! I'm sorry you had a hard time making it. Sometimes that happens to me too where it totally doesn't turn out like I was thinking and I will either hate it or love it. I think you should love this one! :)

elizs77

Okay, here's my blank + red effort! I used Mickey Creative Memories paper that I just realized this afternoon I've had it for 2 years. The black paper is Stampin Up, and the yellow is Pollen from Bazzill. The journaling is also edged and sponged in Stampin Up Ruby Red.
chefmickeys.jpg

Coree

Love that spread! The colors work really well together and I really like the Mickey head in the background!

elizs77

That is really cute!! Is the Mickey head part of the paper? It looks perfect as a background element.

The Mickey head is actually three circles put together. It's Bazzill Basics paper in pollen. I just got a new circle cutter yesterday (the Creative Memories one, while great, just isn't doing it for me anymore), and I was just playing. I then just cut the circle in half for the paper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom