Sci-Fi

joanna71985

Original Poster
Has anyone eaten at the Sci-Fi at Disney's Hollywood Studios? I was wondering what it was like there, since I was considering eating there.

DAKOTADISNEY

We ate there two years ago and enjoyed it. The atmosphere is fun, especially for our girls. The food was good, but not the main attraction.

Cubs Brian

We were there a couple of weeks ago,the food wasn't bad comparable to any family diner for sandwiches and burgers. The atmosphere is very good.The only problem we had was the fact that it's VERY dark inside and neither my wife or myself could read the menu without asking for a flashlight. The lights "under the dash" just aren't enough. I understand the whole night time drive in theme, but those lights could be a little brighter.

sissa216

I like it.
The atmosphere is really fun.
I don't remember what I ate, but everyone raves about the hamburgers and shakes. :shrug: I do remember my appetizer; it was some sort of spinach dip, I think, but I do remember that was really good.

I go to Disney restaurants probably 1/2 for the quality of food and 1/2 for the theming. Here, I think where people criticize the food, the lighting and theming make up for it.
You can sit in cars (up to six per car) at the drive in like you are outdoors, and a loop of old sci-fi films (or at least the advertisements) plays.

A few pictures from my most recent trip:
We were in the car (facing the screen) in the front row, on the far left.

b5c1cf4e.jpg

67494d6c.jpg

4a4282eb.jpg

Mickey&Minnie

The theming is one of the best imo, however the food is just so-so. we try to eat there every trip for lunch but pay of pocket instead of using our DDP credits.
I think it is worth trying atleast once.

Mouser365

My family and I have eaten there twice and plan to eat there again. YOU MUST REQUEST A CAR or you'll get a table. It's very fun and it is on the dark side because you are at a drive-in! My kids love it. I thought the food was fine and they especially love the specialty drinks with the glowing ice cubes.

disney21

I'd recomend Sci-Fi to anyone. but you can't go with the mindset of getting a GREAT meal. you have to go with the mindset of being in a FUN atmosphere! you should definitely go!

primetime52

The atmosphere in the dining room is so good that you feel as if you are eating lunch or dinner on a dark ride.

The highlights for me are the atmosphere and the milk shakes. The entrees are usually slightly disappointing.

slappy magoo

If you go, go for lunch, get a burger and shake.

The atmosphere is fun, but the food leaves a lot to be desired. IMHO, burgers & desserts are the only things they don't really muck up. And the dinner prices for the quality of food that's presented is obscene. I know it's not really any more to eat there then at other WDW restaurants of comparable fare, it's just that the fare at the other resorts looks and tastes more palatable than at sci-fi

Pioneer Hall

I recommend going for lunch and getting a sandwich or something along those lines. Like everyone is saying the food isn't special, but it is a fun place to eat. If you are with younger kids too, they will definitely love that.

macsmom

Their burgers are pretty big. And, the ribs are great. I've never been disappointed in them. The whole idea is fun. You will love it.

danna

bayoumoon

We ate there in 07 (our first WDW trip) and loved the "cheesey" atmosphere. Very funny clips. If you don't have a big group you may sit in a car with strangers. We had a family in front, us love birds in the back seat =). But didn't bother us at all. I wouldn't go for the food but it was fun and we didn't feel like we were missing out in entertainment. The Sci-Fi was much better for us then Hollywood & Vine (we didn't like anything about that place).

mouselvrmom

Here is a question for you. We are thinking of trying sci fi on our next trip. We'll be on the dining plan because we like to have everything paid in advance. Can I go for dinner and still order a burger even if it is not technically on the dinner menu?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom