Sci-Fi

macsmom

Here is a question for you. We are thinking of trying sci fi on our next trip. We'll be on the dining plan because we like to have everything paid in advance. Can I go for dinner and still order a burger even if it is not technically on the dinner menu?

There are burgers on the menu. You shouldn't have a problem. I had the dining plan last time I ate there. Had chili, burger, fries and tried their chocolate shake for dessert. They had to roll me out of there!

danna

mouselvrmom

There are burgers on the menu. You shouldn't have a problem. I had the dining plan last time I ate there. Had chili, burger, fries and tried their chocolate shake for dessert. They had to roll me out of there!

danna

Thanks. :) When I looked up the menu on allears, they only had burgers on the lunch menu and not the dinner menu. :eek:

Tropical Wilds

I'm going to agree with everybody else. You do Sci-Fi, you're going for the atmosphere, not really the food. We found the food to be fairly average. Not great, not horrible... It is what it is. It is kind of expensive though, but again, you pay for the whole experience, not just the food. If it wasn't a table service meal in our dining plan that we made reservations for 6 months ahead of time, pair the typical walk-in wait time with the prices, we probably wouldn't have eaten there this last trip. Not my favorite, not my least favorite.

Tonphanan

My family and I ate had dinner at Sci-Fi once and I really wouldn't recommend it for dinner at least. I would have rather had a burger and fries over whatever BBQ item I had. Like everyone else the food was ok but not great. We were a group of seven and they squished us all in a car, would have loved a table, when we made reservation we were told we would be place at two tables.

The movies would be nice if they were more than quick clip or commericals.

Not a place I will revisit.:(

disneypearl

I have been to Sci-Fi once and had a great time. I thought the burgers were good and enjoyed the drive-in atmosphere.
I do have a question: :confused:
Do they list all of their appetizers on their menus? I thought for sure I saw nachos and cheese being brought to a car next to me? Was I just seeing things in the dark?

H20Babie

So as not to start a new thread:

When would be the best time of day to go just for dessert and a drink in the next 2-3 weeks (without an ADR)? I don't want to make an ADR just for dessert :)

sissa216

Do they list all of their appetizers on their menus? I thought for sure I saw nachos and cheese being brought to a car next to me? Was I just seeing things in the dark?

Last I was there, I had a (yummy) spinach artichoke dip;
that could be what you saw.

lilclerk

We went last year. Go for lunch so you can get a burger and milkshake, and go for the ambiance rather than the food. It is VERY fun.

disneypearl

Last I was there, I had a (yummy) spinach artichoke dip;
that could be what you saw.

Oh, that may have been it. Thanks for letting me know. Too bad because I was looking forward to having nachos & cheese on my next visit to Sci-Fi. Does anyone know where to find nachos & cheese on WDW property. And if not, do they have my second favorite appetizer, boneless BBQ wings, anywhere at the parks. I know, very specific appetizer requests but they are my favorite. :eek:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The Sci Fi suffers from bad reviews in many of the guides, which IMHO helps people form an opinion before there bums touch seats, these are repeated and it becomes self fulfilling.

Looking at the menu should give a clue that its not exactly fine dinning, its a burger and rib place. It is no worse than any chain eatery but youd think it was school slop to read reviews on line. The thing is its so bad its always busy.

The menu has declined since the Satan that is the DDP was introduced, but that is common across all Disney property.

The other thing to remember is that everyone likes different things, youll read many good reviews of the Rose and Crown, but to me its pretty poor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom