Scattered ashes in POTC ride

disneytopdog

I guess what I heard is just a Disney/urban legend. I thought there was a place on the wdw property that Walt said would never be built on and remain in its natural state. I thought disney charged the public to have ashes scattered in these remote places of the property. Anyone confirm or deny this?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I guess what I heard is just a Disney/urban legend. I thought there was a place on the wdw property that Walt said would never be built on and remain in its natural state. I thought disney charged the public to have ashes scattered in these remote places of the property. Anyone confirm or deny this?

There are places on property set aside as wildlife sanctuarys.

I doubt that scattering ashes in these places would really befit there existence.

LoriMistress

I've noticed through the years it seems like Disney doesn't have much power anymore when it comes to handling stupid/horrible guests. Disney use to handle guests like the LAPD and because of numerous law suits and pretending to be cops, they now handle every guest with kid gloves and ignore guests horrible behavior or doesn't care to ban guests from dumping their lame dead-relative ashes through an attraction.

longlivewalt

There is nothing harm full with spreading ashes. the heat needed for cremating a person would kill any disease. I would think Disney would have a program where people could pay to leave a small amount of ashes in an attraction. They did LaL why not this?

iheartdisney91

We have our opinions, you are right, and that is what makes a forum work so well. However, I have the opinion that it is wrong to vandalize someone else's property. You are adding something that is not intended by the owner.

You can honestly say your ok with destroying what Disney has intended for it's guest? Regardless of the "clean" or not argument, you don't go around spilling your body on someone's front porch or at a Disney attraction.

omg im not saying im destroying anything that disney has made, im very repectful of that. but idk... im just gunna drop this. im just saying if someone is longing to reside to disney in the after lie and what not, i would help them out. i wouldnt do it on a ride tho.

PKD

omg im not saying im destroying anything that disney has made, im very repectful of that. but idk... im just gunna drop this. im just saying if someone is longing to reside to disney in the after lie and what not, i would help them out. i wouldnt do it on a ride tho.

well im just voicing my opinion, maybe some of us are different... i for one want to be at the HM

If someone was longing to lie in the after life on your property, then why not? I'll keep that in mind for your private property.

Not a ride? You say you want at to be at Haunted Mansion?!?!

The point is that discarding one's ash's in this fashion shows that the individual has no respect for the property they are dumping it on. I am shocked that you think it's okay as your post are always about helping Disney not hurting.

duck_daddy

If someone was longing to lie in the after life on your property, then why not? I'll keep that in mind for your private property.

The point is that discarding one's ash's in this fashion shows that the individual has no respect for the property they are dumping it on. I am shocked that you think it's okay as your post are always about helping Disney not hurting.
Easy Pronto. The thing about this entire topic is this.....is it right to dump ashes on private property? No! However, why not? Cremated bodies turn to ashes. Now these ashes are of the same consitency as dust, dust blows away, dust can be swept and Hoovered! Is it right, no. Pour it in the water, no. However, to turn this around and question someone's integrity or respect for others, well now that's a little much! Small amounts, in small places, whats the harm? I respect people's private property, and would never deface the aformentioned, but it's dust. You bring more $hit in on your shoes everytime you walk into the park compared to a pinch of dust! Be respectful and don't dump out the whole urn, just a pinch will do, and everything should be O.K.. No enviromental hazards, no biohazards, just dust. For someone who is so respectful of people's private property, you sure have no respect for people's private feelings!

davidpw97

Disney should cash in on this and clear a bunch of land somewhere on property for their own cemetary. Charge people a bundle of money and they can be burried on property.
As far as spreading remains goes, people are going to do it anyway so Disney should find a way to allow it. Maybe allow people to send a very small portion of remains to them and they will do it for you or provide a place in each park somewhere where people can spread remains while also being respectiful of those around them.
A better way to honor a deceased family memeber would be to ride their favorite ride in honor of them and maybe everyone bring their favorite picture of the person along with them so that the deceased is well represented. Or have a moment of silence before boarding the ride or afterwards. But surreptitiously discarding your loved ones ashes on a ride, with music blaring, people chattering, while being surrounded by strangers is no way to remember someone. I also don't think someone would want to be remembered by having their family leave small amounts of their remains around the park as if they are in some sort of prison movie where the prisoner is secretly digging an escape tunnel and leaving little piles of dirt in the prison yard that he carries out there in his pants.
There are many ways a loved one can be remembered at Disney that don't involve breaking the law or forcing the closure of a ride.

Communicora

Premium Member
They didn't allow memorial-specific language on the bricks, so I wouldn't expect that Disney would change their mind and allow people to scatter ashes on property.

I think these are the best ideas so far.
A better way to honor a deceased family memeber would be to ride their favorite ride in honor of them and maybe everyone bring their favorite picture of the person along with them so that the deceased is well represented. Or have a moment of silence before boarding the ride or afterwards. But surreptitiously discarding your loved ones ashes on a ride, with music blaring, people chattering, while being surrounded by strangers is no way to remember someone. I also don't think someone would want to be remembered by having their family leave small amounts of their remains around the park as if they are in some sort of prison movie where the prisoner is secretly digging an escape tunnel and leaving little piles of dirt in the prison yard that he carries out there in his pants.
There are many ways a loved one can be remembered at Disney that don't involve breaking the law or forcing the closure of a ride.

iheartdisney91

omg just let it go! yes i said i would like to be at the HM but im not going to be, it would be cool but im never gunna do it.... please just let this go im sick of arguing with you, i dont think its ok. to make you happy ...i have been around this site and in love with WDW since i was 2 and i dont wanna start anything that may cause a riot so please lets just drop it. im in no way mad at you or anything i just don't wanna argue. let me just say this. its wrong (i guess) to do this, but idk its just a good idea to me, maybe WDW should make like a cemetery for the ashes like put them in a wall....
\
oh and BTW, my private property? ?HAHA you wouldnt be ably to step foot on it.... good try tho..... stop trying to cause trouble and always finding something to argue about, just grow up.... im done with you

awalkinthepark

This is how you could be inconspicuous about dumping ashes...How about buying a giant Goofy candy straw the night before at DTD....sitting down and carefully dumping out the straw contents and mixing in some of Aunt Gertrude, refill straw with colored sugar powder and bits of Gertrude and then spend the next day accidentally spilling your 'Goofy candy straw' all over the place.

Sam02

Original Poster
Disney should cash in on this and clear a bunch of land somewhere on property for their own cemetary. Charge people a bundle of money and they can be burried on property.
As far as spreading remains goes, people are going to do it anyway so Disney should find a way to allow it. Maybe allow people to send a very small portion of remains to them and they will do it for you or provide a place in each park somewhere where people can spread remains while also being respectiful of those around them.

Well I guess by this logic there are a lot of things that are illegal but since people are going to do it anyway we might as well find a way to allow them. I know lets make an area where people who like to kill people can go, or an area where men like to rape women can go. I know these examples are extreme and STUPID but I hope you get my meaning. Just because it is a rule or law that you may not like or think is unnessecary doesn't give anyone the right to break the rule or law. I can guarantee you that people who rape and murder can justify their actions just as easily as someone who scatters ashes on public property.

On another note I'm sorry I started this thread. All I wanted to know was more detail about a story I heard on my local news. I didn't intend for it to become an arguement about the legalities or morality of people spreading ashes. So if a mod reads this, and it is appropriate, can you please close this thread, I think the fighting has gone on long enough.

lildivaaa

Well I guess by this logic there are a lot of things that are illegal but since people are going to do it anyway we might as well find a way to allow them. I know lets make an area where people who like to kill people can go, or an area where men like to rape women can go. I know these examples are extreme and STUPID but I hope you get my meaning. Just because it is a rule or law that you may not like or think is unnessecary doesn't give anyone the right to break the rule or law. I can guarantee you that people who rape and murder can justify their actions just as easily as someone who scatters ashes on public property.

On another note I'm sorry I started this thread. All I wanted to know was more detail about a story I heard on my local news. I didn't intend for it to become an arguement about the legalities or morality of people spreading ashes. So if a mod reads this, and it is appropriate, can you please close this thread, I think the fighting has gone on long enough.

Sam02, I just wanted to let you know that I appreciated you starting this tread and conversation. I had just read about this last week and was about to post something about it myself.

I don't know, I just think it's been a healthy discussion, all in all. Yeah, some people have gotten a bit "heated" on their positions for and against...and I can see why. It's a touchy subject when your talking about ANYTHING regarding death. But that's just the way us humans are wired, I suppose.

Again...I just wanted to let you know, in case no one else had yet. :)

mgraef

What about in the front seat on Expedition Everest, just let em go in the air as you go down the big hill. That would be classy and give all whole train a chance to share in your moment.

Please people.

sparky03

I know it's gross and dangerous and stupid and all, but I have to admit that part of me can totally understand why someone would want his/her ashes spread at WDW. I know that some of the happiest moments of my life have been spent there and I'm sure the parks hold special meaning for countless others too.

Hmm. Where there is demand there is money to be made. Perhaps Disney ought to set aside a piece of vacant land and sell cemetery plots. You know, just like DVC except permanent. :eek:

Buried20KLeague

What about in the front seat on Expedition Everest, just let em go in the air as you go down the big hill. That would be classy and give all whole train a chance to share in your moment.

Please people.

Thank you for adding something constructive to the discussion. :rolleyes:

iheartdisney91

I know it's gross and dangerous and stupid and all, but I have to admit that part of me can totally understand why someone would want his/her ashes spread at WDW. I know that some of the happiest moments of my life have been spent there and I'm sure the parks hold special meaning for countless others too.

Hmm. Where there is demand there is money to be made. Perhaps Disney ought to set aside a piece of vacant land and sell cemetery plots. You know, just like DVC except permanent. :eek:

i couldn't agree more. this is exactly what i was trying to say, before i got bombarded...

kucarachi

flushed away

Im sure the person dumping the ashes realizes that every now and then they drain POTC and that her dearly beloved will eventually end up in the Orange County Sewage Dept....but still more fun than being on the mantle at home! And to the people wanting to be buried at Disney........kinda creepy and i'd much rather have space for new rides than 6 foot condos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom