Scattered ashes in POTC ride

MasterShake

What about in the front seat on Expedition Everest, just let em go in the air as you go down the big hill. That would be classy and give all whole train a chance to share in your moment.

Please people.

I agree with your sarcasm.....

Disney World is not a cemetery. There is a time and a place for disposing of remains and a Disney Vacation is not it. I don't really care how sterile the ashes have become or how much the deceased loved Disney World. I would be pretty mad to get a face full of anything discarded by another party. Also, I would be pretty mad to be waiting in line for a ride and have it closed down because someone gave gramps a burial at sea.

Beside maybe I'm mistaken, but aren't there usually a few chunky bits remaining when someone is cremated. Bone and/or teeth, not sure but I remember my father had an urn and if you moved it would jingle a little.

Most people on here don’t seem to think that dumping ashes on a ride is acceptable. However, I really don’t think human remains should be dumped anywhere on private property. I feel the same way about dumping pretty much anything that’s yours anywhere on property unless it’s in a garbage can.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I dont see a problem with it, after all cancer stick users dump their ash in the parks everyday and that contains all sorts.

Perhaps its because the thought of human ashes give a jolt to the plastic surgery image driven vision of eternal life and youth.

Lets face it, they spread horse ____ !t on roses.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I
Beside maybe I'm mistaken, but aren't there usually a few chunky bits remaining when someone is cremated. Bone and/or teeth, not sure but I remember my father had an urn and if you moved it would jingle a

Mmmmm sound bollox to me. I know that in the UK that post burning whats left of the stiff is passed through a magnet, to remove implants (like hips) dental fillings etc. They are then popped in a mill to grind the bone to a fine powder.

However, top tip, stand upwind when scattering ashes, and always keep your trap shut.

bennyw01

i can see the problem with causing distrubtion :p

however i would love to be scattered in wdw :D

hell just put me in the bin somewhere, preferably in magic kingdom. ill be the first person as far as i know to take a ride in there disposal tubes and get sucked about the place or just mix me into some kids sandbox. that would make me laugh. i could haunt it.

Scooter

i can see the problem with causing distrubtion :p

however i would love to be scattered in wdw :D

hell just put me in the bin somewhere, preferably in magic kingdom. ill be the first person as far as i know to take a ride in there disposal tubes and get sucked about the place or just mix me into some kids sandbox. that would make me laugh. i could haunt it.

We could put your ashes in a colorful box and put it the It's a Small World attraction somewhere.

Imagion having to listen to that song for the rest of eternity. ::Shudder:::cry:

bennyw01

cant your body get like recycled or something? be park benches within a month. and hell talking along the sides of recyling.

who here would want to be recyled into a skeleton on like the gmr or something? or like throw your skull down into like the que area in potc, one day cast members find it, be a massive murder enquiry when they discover its real. and the potc will be down for way longer

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Classic.

Or...

Harold was a
shaker and mover
but his butt
landed in a hoover.

Here lies
Mrs. Tyson.
Her scattered remains
are in a Dyson.

"To the Magic Kingdom,"
said the will of dear Brent,
"even though I'll wind up
in a musty old vent."

Here rests our long-
lost Horatio Pratt
His heart's in the Mansion,
the rest is under the mat.

:lol:
love the dyson one. good job

I dont see a problem with it, after all cancer stick users dump their ash in the parks everyday and that contains all sorts.

Perhaps its because the thought of human ashes give a jolt to the plastic surgery image driven vision of eternal life and youth.

Lets face it, they spread horse ____ !t on roses.
people are worried about human ashes... but i think that the alive people leave, distribute or pass much more harming and nasty things behind. some quite leathal, ask my nose. :D

Thiger

We could put your ashes in a colorful box and put it the It's a Small World attraction somewhere.

Imagion having to listen to that song for the rest of eternity. ::Shudder:::cry:

I'm sorry but you don't need to have your ashes on the ride to suffer that torment...1 ride will do ya ;)

stitchtastic

Fireworks!!

My DH is a pyrotechnician and also manufactures fireworks and it is not uncommon for them have ashes put into a rocket to sent up by the relatives. What a way to go!! Be part of your favourite display and another way for Disney to make some money!!:)

1disneydood

My DH is a pyrotechnician and also manufactures fireworks and it is not uncommon for them have ashes put into a rocket to sent up by the relatives. What a way to go!! Be part of your favourite display and another way for Disney to make some money!!:)
So that's what gets in people's eyes during Wishes. :eek::dazzle:

The Mom

Premium Member
That their aren't people already buried on property ? :shrug:

You may have a point. After all, this was all pretty much farmland and swampland before Walt purchased it, and it was not uncommon for people to just put aside a bit of land in the back forty to bury family members.

We have a weekend home in a rural FL area, and the grandfather of one of our neighbors is buried on their land. Other friends used to own an orange grove, and there were people buried on the land when they purchased it. (The graves are still there, the friends moved to Montana where it's less crowded.)

pirate-princess

me thinks ewww!

i do get the being scattered somewhere you love but i just having mental images of people walking around sniffing up parts of dead people.. and yes i know that probably has happened before but not at disney!

Crazy4WDW1

Well, it can't be too common at WDW (Or at least Epcot) because I, in my 4 months as a Custodial Hostess, never heard of anything of the sort.

I'm really glad I never had to deal with that...dead things really weird me out. I could never go into my friend's living room because her grandmother resides on their mantel...

I give anyone working in custodial a big pat on the back! Just dealing with "protein spills" has to be bad enough. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom