Scariest Thing you've EVER seen at WDW

bartman454

Oh i have a classic one while it was the scariest thing i ever saw it was also the scariest thing that I did. Let me set the scene for you.

I was working the Star Wars Weekend (I was one of the many yellow shirted fellows you see at these events) Anyhoo it was by the main stage in between the backlot diner and the star tours ride. I was helping direct traffic for food carts and the characters. It's at the end of the night and a lot of the characters. It was the first show of Star Wars Weekends for the year so the backstage food and beverage folks didnt quite know what was going to happen. At one point of the show Chewbacca comes out and does a little bit and then exits backstage.

So after Chewie exits i figure he's gone for the night and tons of characters were out so i thought okay that'll be it. So another food cart comes out and is speeding down the walkway which is a bit steep and the F&B cast member loses control of the cart. I wasnt in too much of a hurry since their was nobody by the backstage entrance but then Chewbacca started coming out with a food cart about to crush him into the nearby wall. So I leaped into action got the cart and stopped that darn thing with all my strength, Chewbacca the professional that he is maneuvered out of the way and the good side of the force previaled.

For a moment all that went through my mind was the phone call I would have had to make home.

Me: Mom I got fired today

Mom: Oh my what for?

Me: Running over Chewbacca

Mom: I have no son.

It was a scary day but luckily Chewie's a real nice Wookie:sohappy:

The scariest thing I've ever seen was a man trying to kidnapp a little girl on main street. He started running with her trying to get her through the turnstyles and another woman came screaming to stop that man. A few men stopped the guy and as the lady caught up with him she was screaming, "He was touching her!!!
The guy was screaming he was her grandfather, and was even getting out id. The little girl had no clue what was going on...it all happened so fast. Security came over to break up the crowd and my family and i left the park.

I still get chills thinking about it....scariest thing ive ever witnessed.

Mandy

Cast Members getting airlifted. Uh...I was out on the lake , got caught in a Microburst...IM me for details...bottom line...i was shakey for a couple of days.

NashvilleMouse

Originally posted by danzingcutie12
The scariest thing I've ever seen was a man trying to kidnapp a little girl on main street. He started running with her trying to get her through the turnstyles and another woman came screaming to stop that man. A few men stopped the guy and as the lady caught up with him she was screaming, "He was touching her!!!
The guy was screaming he was her grandfather, and was even getting out id. The little girl had no clue what was going on...it all happened so fast. Security came over to break up the crowd and my family and i left the park.

I still get chills thinking about it....scariest thing ive ever witnessed.

Mandy

That is pretty scary. Did he get arrested?

durhay

During the 15th Anniv. parade, Eeyore leaned over and his head fell off . So now the veil of fantasy is removed and you see this guy wearing an Eeyore costume calmy bend over, retrieve his head, and put it back on. It wasn't scary for me, but people gasped. I think out of concern for kids getting freaked out.

FanofDinsey1981

I have a few.

1) there was a shift change for the lifeguards, and just as it happened, (at Typhoon lagoon, in the wave pool) a 10 year old girl needed help. I was there to get her (I am a lifeguard), and swam her back to the stairs on the right side of the tide pool. I am cool in situations where I am a lifeguard on duty, but that one was a bit scary.

2) a crane hit one of our busses going back to OKW. not so much scary as freeky. it's neck was bent up under the windshield wiper.

3) there was a time on ToT where 2 friends and I were on. We went into the elevator 'shaft', but didn't move for several minutes. the three of us knew we should be dropping, but we didnt. needlessto day, once the ride continued (it was explained that there was an elevator already in the shaft, we had to wait our turn), and finished, we were quite happy to get off. and it was quite an adreniline kick.

and then we went on again 10 minutes later. go fig. :)

ArielLover

Animal Kingdom vs storm of the century

This was pretty scary!
My family and I were waiting in line for the Kilimanjaro Ride at Animal Kingdom when all of a sudden it got very dark. A burst of rain started and it came down hard! We heard thunder and lightening. Everyone in line scrambled to squeeze under the roof near the loading docks. The cast members were all huddled together and it appeared that they were trying to contact someone. The ride was shut down while we were caught in the torrential downpour in line. We figured, might as well wait it out and stayed in line. The rain slowed down and they opened the ride. When we drove thru and saw the devastation (IE: trees down, flood paths, etc) on the safari it was very sad. A few days later we heard on the news that a Giraffe had been struck by lightening during the storm! :(

Also, the last day of our stay, We saw the Monorail hit by lightening! :(

Getting stuck on the ToT. I'm terribly claustrophobic, but I had never had a problem on ToT. Then, on one of my family's recent trips, the elevator doors closed after the ghost scene and the elevator went up to the next stop, but the doors never opened. We sat there in the dark for several minutes. For me, being in a completely dark place is worse than being in a lit closed space, so I was starting to panic. My mother, who is not claustrophobic, was also panicking and was absolutely no help. I was white-knuckling the safety bar until the lights finally came on. There had been some sort of malfunction, so we finished the ride with lights on. Then, when we got off, the CM told us to ride a regular elevator back up to the boiler room and have a "real" ride. And every person, including me, did it! I have never been that scared of anything at WDW, but that day really had me freaked.

Slipknot

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981
there was a time on ToT where 2 friends and I were on. We went into the elevator 'shaft', but didn't move for several minutes. the three of us knew we should be dropping, but we didnt. needlessto day, once the ride continued (it was explained that there was an elevator already in the shaft, we had to wait our turn), and finished, we were quite happy to get off. and it was quite an adreniline kick.

The explanation given does not make sense. If there was another elevator in the same shaft, it would have hit your elevator.

BeachClubVillas

Last year we were pulling away from the Magic Kingdom during a thunderstorm and our bus got hit by lightening. The whole bus shook for what felt like forever, and then it just died. All the little kids were screaming. Security came running over and we had to wait like half an hour for another bus.

Even scarier, but our own fault. One year there were really bad thunderstorms and there was a tornado warning so they closed all the parks. My family and I decided to drive over to the Boardwalk. This was right after it had opened, so we had never been there before. It was totally deserted. We walked around in the rain for a couple of hours. We were eating in the ESPN Club when a CM told us a funnel cloud had been spotted at Epcot and we had to go into a hotel to be safe. We went back to the Boardwalk the next night and it was packed!! We were like, "Hmmm, maybe we should have stayed at the hotel the other day!"

When I was ten, my dad and brother made me go on Splash Mountain even though I was scared and didn't really want to. The ride ended up breaking with us in it. We were stuck in the log for over two hours. And we were going up a lift hill when it broke (not the big one, thank God) Even now, when I'm on the ride and I hear "Looks like Brer Fox and Brer Bear are causing some kind of comotion upstream. Please stay in your boats while we take care of it" I get a pit in my stomach!!

wanabeimagineer

Originally posted by BeachClubVillas
One year there were really bad thunderstorms and there was a tornado warning so they closed all the parks.

Are you sure they closed all the parks? I'm almost positive that the only times the parks were ever closed were for Hurricane Floyd and September 11th.

StevenT

I'd bet they may have closed the ticket gates, but not evacuated the parks themselves. But you are right about Floyd, one of the only times the parks have been closed other than September 11th and I remember being in my hotel room and learning that early that morning there was a small fire at Epcot and it was closed for the day.

NashvilleMouse

Yea, I think the last thing they want to do during a tornado is close the parks and let thousands of wandering guests search for their car out in "parking land" while there is a vicious vortex of wind and debris tossing them about. I mean, that might sound like fun in Tennessee (and is considered a sport) but Disney has more class! :lol:

maxime29

Premium Member
Nothing really scary has happened to me, but "interesting".

Back in the early 90's we were in the park (tomorrowland specifically) when a big thunderstorm was coming though. We had to wait an hour under the astro orbiter ride until it went away.

This is the freaky one: Last June when we went, we stayed at the GF. While at the pool we saw at least 5 different babies diaper-less and bathing suit-less during the stay.

Dwarful

[.

This is the freaky one: Last June when we went, we stayed at the GF. While at the pool we saw at least 5 different babies diaper-less and bathing suit-less during the stay. [/B][/QUOTE]

ah so now the GF is the nude resort at WDW??? ;)

My Scariest Moment

During my Spring College Program internship, on my day off, I was in the Villains Shop at Disney-Mgm. I saw a guy go into a pretty deep seizure. I was pretty calm and walked to the desk and told them they may want to call for support. It was scary seeing the man shaking... and the worst was when you heard his Grandson say "Grandpa" ... In the voice of insecurity... It made me not return to the studios for a long while and luckily I wasn't scheduled there for a good bit. It still shakes me up when I enter that park for that sole reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom