Scariest Thing you've EVER seen at WDW

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
One time, while watching Fantasmic, I was looking in the sky and saw a plane. Well, that plane looked like it was coming close down and even looked like it was going to crash into the theater! Thankfully it didn't. I must have been imagining things or something. (this was a couple years ago)

Also, October 11th, 2003, The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter's final day in operation, and also only the third time Wishes had been shown, there was a HUGE thunderstorm. Only like a few seconds or more after Wishes had ended, too. I mean, it was horrible, and Tomorrowland was like flooded. Everyone was either standing under the TTA or inside the TL Light and Power Co. It wasn't scary, but it was really freaky. I read on these boards that the power went off in Fantasyland or something, now that must have been scary for a few people.

I haven't witnessed or experienced any other scary things at WDW, it is the most magical place on earth after all!:)

Not For Sale

Also, October 11th, 2003, The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter's final day in operation, and also only the third time Wishes had been shown, there was a HUGE thunderstorm. Only like a few seconds or more after Wishes had ended, too. I mean, it was horrible, and Tomorrowland was like flooded. Everyone was either standing under the TTA or inside the TL Light and Power Co. It wasn't scary, but it was really freaky. I read on these boards that the power went off in Fantasyland or something, now that must have been scary for a few people.

Nooooooooo! That was my Bar Mitzvah day! Its all your fault!:fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork:

LandBoatride

As a CM at the Land, I once had a guest breastfeed her child right on my boat, 2nd row. Here's the really scary part - the kid was school-age, I'm guessing 5. It is hard to keep a straight face talking about cucumbers and "melons" when this is going on in front of you.

strobe

Originally posted by Figaro
Saw the plane crash in the EPCOT parking lot. Definately not a "happiest" experience. That's about it though :)

A plane crashed in the parking lot?? That's wild - never heard about that one..

For me, it was when the Monorail Silver burned up on the track. It was full of people, but everyone made it out OK. It was somewhat chaotic in the parks though, and the security staff was very intent on not letting pictures get out of the park (I've told this story before here).

It was a little nerve racking, because I was a lot younger at the time. But it really had a happy ending, no one got hurt, and that's what really matters.

The Scarriest Thing I ever saw was alast week a greeter at the Magic Kingdom using the Bathroom in adventureland, I mean talk abouit killing the magic

strobe

Originally posted by Thebrerrabbit
The Scarriest Thing I ever saw was alast week a greeter at the Magic Kingdom using the Bathroom in adventureland, I mean talk abouit killing the magic

I don't quite get this one. I might see your point if you ran into Mickey or one of the characters in the bathroom, but as far as regular employees go -- costumed or not -- it shouldn't be a big deal. The greeters are people too, and they were in the bathroom for the same reason you were :lol:. Not to mention, you'll see CM's in the bathroom a lot anyway, because somebody has to clean them! :animwink:

DDuckFan130

Originally posted by strobe
I don't quite get this one. I might see your point if you ran into Mickey or one of the characters in the bathroom, but as far as regular employees go -- costumed or not -- it shouldn't be a big deal. The greeters are people too, and they were in the bathroom for the same reason you were :lol:. Not to mention, you'll see CM's in the bathroom a lot anyway, because somebody has to clean them! :animwink:

What if the brerrabit meant the cast member used the bathroom, but not the kind of bathroom we're SUPPOSED to use :rolleyes: ...:lol:

strobe

Originally posted by DDuckFan130
What if the brerrabit meant the cast member used the bathroom, but not the kind of bathroom we're SUPPOSED to use :rolleyes: ...:lol:

hehe - I suspect they would know better than that. :lol: They would be fired in about 10 seconds!

GoofyFan1

Probably the scariest thing I've seen at WDW was in ToT. We were seated in the back row and in comes a man, at least 75-80 yrs. old, and they seat him next to my wife. I watched him the whole time hoping I wouldn't be doing cpr at the end of the ride.

Good news! He probably had more fun than any of those around him. We worried, he laughed.

:hammer:

raven

Scariest thing:

A woman letting her 8 year old daughter walk up the hillside by Wonders of Life and deficate in a squating possition in full view of guests. The really bad thing was that the little girl's backside was facing everyone. Evidently they couldn't walt to the bathrooms only 20 yards away. :hurl:

strobe

Originally posted by raven
Scariest thing:

A woman letting her 8 year old daughter walk up the hillside by Wonders of Life and deficate in a squating possition in full view of guests. The really bad thing was that the little girl's backside was facing everyone. Evidently they couldn't walt to the bathrooms only 20 yards away. :hurl:

Man - that is NASTY.... Who would let their child do something like that in the middle of an amusement park?!?

I know those people are out there though, we once saw a full grown woman doing that very same activity in the middle of a mall parking lot. Not even inbetween a car, just out in the wide open. :hurl:

1disneydood

Man - that is NASTY.... Who would let their child do something like that in the middle of an amusement park?!?

I know those people are out there though, we once saw a full grown woman doing that very same activity in the middle of a mall parking lot. Not even inbetween a car, just out in the wide open. :hurl:
Ah yes. Spend an evening in New Orleans and you'll never look at public deficating the same way again. :lol: :lookaroun

God I need to move Soooo bad. :hammer:

Jungle Skipper

Here are a couple of the scariest things I've ever seen...

1. I was working in the (illconcieved and short lived) Fast Past Department. I was deployed to Buzz Lightyear Distribution. A really bad storm hit, and my supervisors told us to move all guests to someplace secure...out of the open. People were irrate when we told them to please step out of line and undercover. Some flat out refused to move. I looked up and saw a funnel cloud over the Contemporary....a guest saw it too and flipped out causing mass hysteria! Luckily my co-cast and I were able to control the crowd and move them into the timekeeper building...

2. I was pulling a marathon on the Jungle and saw trying to dock his boat at the end of the ride when a guest stuck his hand in the river....and got it crushed between the boat and the dock...yikes..it makes me ill thinking about that.

3. And my all time worst day was probably my scariest moment when I was working fast pass, it was the middle of July and I was deployed to Pooh Merge. My supervisor had to take some people out of different rotations in the deployment computer and accidently put me permenatly at Pooh merge :brick: . 8.5 hours later I see my manager walking up the fastpass line shaking his head and psuedo-chuckling at the humor in what had happened. It was AWFUL. Bu I did get a comp day the next day and never had to ask for anything ever again in that department :) Needless to say I was exhausted and couldn't ge the phrase "Step out to your left please, please step out to you left" out of my head for a month....::shiver:: yikes that was a scary day!

Jungle Josh

cookiee_munster

whats the scaryest thing ive seen at WDW???

Well that would either be those spectro thingey-ma-bobs in the spectro parade with the freaky voices and freaky colour changing faces...eeek!

or dino-rama, pretty weired... the theme of it is tootally different compared to Dinoland USA...:)

maxime29

Premium Member

For me, it was when the Monorail Silver burned up on the track. It was full of people, but everyone made it out OK. It was somewhat chaotic in the parks though, and the security staff was very intent on not letting pictures get out of the park (I've told this story before here).

You know what? That same thing happened to us a few years back. I don't remember which monorail it was, but it was in between the TTC and Polynesian. The monorail stopped because the one ahead of us at the Poly was stalled and being worked on immediately. It seemed like forever until we got moving. Again, not scary but a little irritating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom