Scariest moment at the park?

Mom@disney

After the fireworks getting pushed apart from my 5 yr old niece while holding a death grip on my 3 yr old daughter. We were waiting for my husband and the crowd just pushed through us even though we were against the wall. Thankfully a quick thinking, rather big dad heard and saw my problem. He pushed his way through to my crying niece and held her high enough for her to see me and waded right back through the crowd to bring her to me. I was 4 1/2 months preg. at the time and no way could I have done that myself while holding on to my daughter. After that we rented double strollers just to keep the girls confined to one spot when my husband and I were not together.
Oh my! That must if been terrifying! I could not imagine the panic. So glad that guy was there to help.

Mr Anderson

I was on IASW and the ride got stuck... for 3 hours. It was horrifying. The music wouldn't stop, and I swear the children's eyes started the glow red. :eek:

...then I woke up in a cold sweat back in my room at Art of Animation.

But seriously, if I ever got stuck on IASW, that would definitely be my scariest moment in the parks, hands down.

mlw119

Which would be creepier though, being stuck on the ride with the song still going, or being stuck in silence with the dolls just staring? o_O

We had that sort of experience once. We were the first group on Splash Mountain one morning, and they had somehow forgotten to turn on the audio. So it was all of the animatronics moving and clicking away, but making zero noise. We rode through about 3/4 of the ride before any sound came on... not scary but definitely a little unsettling. But the cast members very kindly let us ride through a second time to enjoy the it as it should be.

Dwarful

Oh my! That must if been terrifying! I could not imagine the panic. So glad that guy was there to help.
It was the worst moment of my life. I could see her....but I just couldn't get to her and she just kept getting pushed further away. I have no idea how that guy managed it but he just pushed through the crowd.

Much-Pixie-Dust

I was on IASW and the ride got stuck... for 3 hours. It was horrifying. The music wouldn't stop, and I swear the children's eyes started the glow red. :eek:

...then I woke up in a cold sweat back in my room at Art of Animation.

But seriously, if I ever got stuck on IASW, that would definitely be my scariest moment in the parks, hands down.
I have gotten stuck on it . . . for about 45 minutes. Those little eyes all staring at you, that endless song. It was scary! We had to rock the boat back and forth to get unstuck. It was touch and go there for a little while.:eek:

BiffyClyro

Nothing really that bad has happened. We broke down on an awkward part of splash mountain and kept getting splashes of water...Wasn't that bad.

That's nothing compared to Bush gardens though... I witnessed someones cart physically de-rail, luckily in the loading area.

Emilily

When I was younger (say about 6 years old) I was absolutely terrified of the dressed up characters, especially the ones in the suits. I remember going into Studios (back when it was MGM) right when it opened for the day and all the characters were up front to greet everyone. I took one look and had a meltdown. That was an interesting trip to say the least.

The Dinosaur ride always creeps me out. To this day I can't ride through with my eyes open.

DisneyGigi

Getting on ToT the first time every single trip. I dream about it beforehand and dread it to the point that a shot of my "pixie dust" leaves when I see the thing for the first time when we are driving in. It is literally that scary to me at first. After about ride number 4 I am good and love it but it is just those first couple of times! That is what makes it an amazing ride though or at least what I keep telling myself. lol

Running to catch a monorail during a lightning storm when the lightning was the color green. It was either in 2003 or 2004, but it was incredibly scary.

AllyInWonderland

When I was little, I wouldn't ride Spaceship Earth because I was terrified of the backward descent, and I was afraid that I would fall out. The only part I remember of riding the original SSE was the TV screens on the descent showing the news, as I clung on to my dad.

George

Liker of Things
I, like most American women do not wear undergarments in the summer heat. Last year while touring Epcot, dressed in a tank and flowing gauzy skirt, an older gent riding an ECV ran over the hem of my skirt. To my horror, the skirt became wound around the tire of the ECV and completely shredded. As I stood there in terror the man looked at his wife and said " must be a member of one of those Brazilian tour groups" and drove away with my skirt in tow.

Were you exposed? Did you buy new bottoms? This sounds awful.

Baldy

I, like most American women do not wear undergarments in the summer heat. Last year while touring Epcot, dressed in a tank and flowing gauzy skirt, an older gent riding an ECV ran over the hem of my skirt. To my horror, the skirt became wound around the tire of the ECV and completely shredded. As I stood there in terror the man looked at his wife and said " must be a member of one of those Brazilian tour groups" and drove away with my skirt in tow.

:jawdrop::jawdrop:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom