Scariest moment at the park?

Anders Limpar

December 1994. A CM approached me, my brother, and my dad to try out an attraction that wasn't even opened yet. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. As a kid, I was afraid of the dark so Alien Encounter was pretty much torture.

JohnD

I boarded Little Mermaid last month and the safety bar came down VERY tight on my waist. I was trapped for life. A terrifying predicament to be sure.

Minnie1976

Even though I had been going to WDW since 1976, I had never had an experience like in 2006 or 2007. It was late and myself, daughter-in-law, and grandchild decided after supper to go back to the MK. We must have hit Main Street not long after the fireworks ended. I have never been in that much of a crowd before. You couldn't moved right, left, go back. It was horrible. It didn't seem like there was any crowd control at all. Never again. I check things out and make sure I don't get caught in a situation like that again.

POLY1985

The absolute terror I felt going on Tower of Terror the first time. My husband talked me into it and when we got near the elevators I panicked. I actually cried and had tears rolling down my face. I went on and loved it and to this day it's my favorite ride. I will go on multiple times in a row and will also go by myself.

Rtr15

I vividly remember walking up Main Street as a child, and feeling something on the back of my neck. I turned around and it was Captain Hook's HOOK. It scared the living daylights out of me. That was over 40 years ago and I still keep my distance from him if I ever see him in the park!

dbrWDW

I don't scare easily, but drop tower rides get me every time. I have somewhat of a fear of heights, but heights don't scare me as much as falling. So, basically, every time I go on Tower of Terror, just before the drop comes, I feel like I'm gonna lose it.

Cmdr_Crimson

When These 2 Moved in...
BmkPjKuIIAAwbgm.jpg

I got robbed when I was in high school... I was wearing the Dooney and Bourke backpack and I was on the bus back to All Star Music (I was on a marching band trip), and a gentleman on the bus next to me told me to look in my wallet and all of my money was gone... I told him and the guy standing behind me to come off the bus... The guy behind me kept telling me I was dropping things. It's all a blur, but all I know is that when it all ended, at two in the morning, I ended up $100 richer.

dave&di

My scariest moment was last Sept while on Star Tours.

I've been on it many times and enjoy it. This occasion started out as all the others, sat in my chair, we were in the back row, and clicked my seat belt shut, I pulled on the yellow tag as instructed and it was locked but then the CM checked the row lights and asked me to tug again, I did and it was still locked she seemed ok with that.

So the ride started..... Within seconds my belt came undone, I tried to grab the buckle before it completely retracted but it locked up and would move no further! I instantly felt embarrassed as I expected the ride to suddenly stop as there was a malfunction but it didn't! I spent the whole ride holding on for dear life, I wasn't expecting to be killed obviously but I was waiting to be flung over the other rows, being in the back row I was higher than the other rows. I didn't watch the screen, I spent the ride holding on to my seat! When we exited we told a CM standing at the exit, we weren't complaining but just letting them know what happened, he nodded and...... No he just nodded! :mad:

I must admit it slightly made me doubt the safety of WDW rides, when I rode Soarin' later on I just kept thinking what if this belt fails I'll fall ?ft to the floor! Also on The Forbidden Journey at Uni I thought the same thing.

This incident has slightly ruined my enjoyment of attractions with belts, hopefully I'll move on when I'm back Sept 2015.

When reminiscing with my OH I'll jokingly say "do you remember when I nearly died on Star Tours!!";)

alissafalco

My scariest moment was last Sept while on Star Tours.

I've been on it many times and enjoy it. This occasion started out as all the others, sat in my chair, we were in the back row, and clicked my seat belt shut, I pulled on the yellow tag as instructed and it was locked but then the CM checked the row lights and asked me to tug again, I did and it was still locked she seemed ok with that.

So the ride started..... Within seconds my belt came undone, I tried to grab the buckle before it completely retracted but it locked up and would move no further! I instantly felt embarrassed as I expected the ride to suddenly stop as there was a malfunction but it didn't! I spent the whole ride holding on for dear life, I wasn't expecting to be killed obviously but I was waiting to be flung over the other rows, being in the back row I was higher than the other rows. I didn't watch the screen, I spent the ride holding on to my seat! When we exited we told a CM standing at the exit, we weren't complaining but just letting them know what happened, he nodded and...... No he just nodded! :mad:

I must admit it slightly made me doubt the safety of WDW rides, when I rode Soarin' later on I just kept thinking what if this belt fails I'll fall ?ft to the floor! Also on The Forbidden Journey at Uni I thought the same thing.

This incident has slightly ruined my enjoyment of attractions with belts, hopefully I'll move on when I'm back Sept 2015.

When reminiscing with my OH I'll jokingly say "do you remember when I nearly died on Star Tours!!";)
good thing that didn't happen on ToT!!

alissafalco

I got robbed when I was in high school... I was wearing the Dooney and Bourke backpack and I was on the bus back to All Star Music (I was on a marching band trip), and a gentleman on the bus next to me told me to look in my wallet and all of my money was gone... I told him and the guy standing behind me to come off the bus... The guy behind me kept telling me I was dropping things. It's all a blur, but all I know is that when it all ended, at two in the morning, I ended up $100 richer.
your story doesn't make any sense.

Uncle Remus

Big Bad Wolf walking my way. 1985. This 4 year old wanted nothing to do with him. He was the enemy. It was a dog eat dog world. I headed for pluto

Figment1989

Getting clipped in the ankles by those double wide Disney baby strollers. Followed closely with being trapped in the middle of a Brazilian tour group chanting.
I was stuck in one of the tour groups once...I went on Space Mt. alone (my friend was waiting outside) and as we were funneled onto that moving track thing, I got stuck in the middle of a group...they were chanting and JUMPING on the conveyerbelt and there was no way out. It was DREADFUL.

VirginiaCreeper

I was afraid of Goofy's whiskers because they looked like sharp nails. There's a photo of Goofy and me and I have my head tilted downward because I was afraid he'd stick me even though he towered over me.

Sadly, it's riding Dumbo and the Astro Orbitor. I don't know which is worse!! I can ride roller coasters all day, but put me on either of those and I'm so terrified I'm practically in tears. Doesn't help the boyfriend likes to push the lever so we're always at the top and it kinda bounces up there as it continues to try to go up but can't. Just thinking about those rides give me the willies!

your story doesn't make any sense.
I was on the bus back from EPCOT to All Star Music, and towards the end of the ride, a gentleman in a wheelchair told me to check my wallet, so I did, and it was empty. Now, the entire time during the ride, this man behind me was telling me that I dropped money on the floor and that my bag was open, etc, which was suspicious. Once I realized that my money was stolen (around $200), I asked the man behind me and the man in the wheelchair to come off the bus with me. Long story short, sheriffs came and interrogated the man that was standing behind me on the bus while I was filling out a police report. My dad told the man that if he gave my money back, we wouldn't press charges. He did not have the money because his mother took it up to the room. So the man went to the ATM and took out $300... therefore I profited off the experience.

KCheatle

When we were younger we stayed at the Contemp. It was our first time staying in the tower, and we all went out on the balcony to take in the view. Turns out the door locked behind us. We were up there yelling for help, but everyone thought we were just celebrating! I was young, so my perception of time is skewed, but I recall it taking an awfully long time before a castmember finally realized what we were trying to say :bored:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom