Scariest moment at the park?

Wall-e

The location was the Typhoon lagoon wave pool about 20yrs ago, I was 13 and my sister 11, we got to a depth where the water was over our heads and we both were having trouble keeping above water among the constant waves and inability to touch bottom. I was motioning for help from the life guards but being that we were in the almost exact middle of the pool no lifeguard on either side noticed us. So I had to do my best to not only get myself out of trouble but rescue my sister at the same time. I swam her to the side and we were able to get back safely on my own.
Boy did my mom chew out the managers that day, it all happened pretty quick and she had my two younger sisters to watch herself but she had spotted us towards the end of our struggle and could tell we were in distress from her spot on the beach.

Wall-e

I'll also add last August when some of you may remember a lightning storm that knocked out power to most of the magic kingdom. After spending a half hour in the big top circus shop we decided(on my behest) to try and leave the park. We were walking from new fantasy land towards the castle when the bolt of lightning that knocked out the grid came down as we were out in the open, my wife, 2yo son and mom. We stopped at friar tucks to wait it out from there. Lesson learned.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
img_1454-l.jpg

The tour group

Im 22 years old and I still refuse to get on the Bug's life 3d show in animal kingdom because of how much it terrified me as a child. That thing is just too much.

Stitch I also find scary, I hate things that touch you.

I just went on It's Tough to be a Bug again recently (first time since I was 8..... which I cried) and I cried again. My mom laughed at me.

Being stuck in the hub with a chanting tour group was horrible (and DAWM was going on!). Also, riding Space Mountain most of the time.

kbmum

In 2008, my 8-year-old daughter and I went on Peter Pan. The CM pulled down the safety bar, but didn't do it right. It bounced back into the up position. I was yelling at the CMs to stop the ride, but they just stared at us as we started the ascent. I couldn't pull the bar down, so I had one arm hanging on to the back of the vehicle and my other arm around my daughter. It's a short ride, but it felt like it lasted for an hour.

HatboxGhost

My scariest moment was when a couple with 2 small children boarded the bus and the smallest child had sh%t himself which went all the way up to the middle of his back. :eek: I am not kidding. This is what happens when you keep your child out until midnight. :mad: My Wife and I felt horrible for the child especially since his parents didn't know how to tell time.

cw1982

O.....M.....G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Lol...

My scariest moment was realizing that I was about to get violently ill while being trapped in a queue and being afraid I wouldn't get out of line in time because of the big group of people I was going to have to bulldoze down on my way out! This was all because of the smell coming from a particular tour group that we got caught up in a line with (not giving any other details about this group because I don't want to offend anyone). The ride was stalled for a few minutes, and I thought I was going to be stuck there forever... luckily, just when I thought I was on the brink of disaster, the line moved, I was able to put a little distance between myself and them, and I was fine.

The irony: we were in line for Mission Space Orange. So there I was, hearing constant warnings about the ride I couldn't get to making people ill, and I was getting ill while waiting in line. :hilarious:

PS- by the time we got past that part of the queue, I was okay again, and no... the ride did not make me sick. :)

HatboxGhost

Lol...

This was all because of the smell coming from a particular tour group that we got caught up in a line with (not giving any other details about this group because I don't want to offend anyone).

So, does this mean that we are not going to play match the smell to the correct group for fun and big prizes? :p

Kate Alan

The only times I've ever truly been afraid at WDW...I remember when I was younger the restraint on BTMRR did next to nothing for me...spent the whole ride clinging in the hopes I didn't just fly out of there! And the scene in Snow White when the witch "transformed" used to make me jump.

My father was THAT GUY who would try to scare others on rides...it wouldn't be uncommon to be on something like Everest, notice a nervous person sitting behind or in front of us, and have him turn to me and comment just loud enough in a serious tone how he hoped they fixed the ride after the last "accident" or that he was sure he wouldn't get sick "like last time". It's a sense of humor my siblings and I have inherited, so when I went with my sister and our friends in February, we of course had to mess with them. One of our friends was terrified of coasters. We're sitting on a ride getting ready to go and I mention offhandedly to him to hold on tight because of the 30 foot drop...he freaked out completely.

The ride? It's a Small World.

The best part was we had a family behind us that had boarded the ride with two infants, and they cracked up with us when we pointed it out to him. It became a running joke for our group every time we got on any ride from the Mad Tea Party to Space Mountain to "look out for the 30 foot drop!"

Mr Anderson

My father was THAT GUY who would try to scare others on rides...it wouldn't be uncommon to be on something like Everest, notice a nervous person sitting behind or in front of us, and have him turn to me and comment just loud enough in a serious tone how he hoped they fixed the ride after the last "accident" or that he was sure he wouldn't get sick "like last time". It's a sense of humor my siblings and I have inherited, so when I went with my sister and our friends in February, we of course had to mess with them. One of our friends was terrified of coasters. We're sitting on a ride getting ready to go and I mention offhandedly to him to hold on tight because of the 30 foot drop...he freaked out completely.

The ride? It's a Small World.

The best part was we had a family behind us that had boarded the ride with two infants, and they cracked up with us when we pointed it out to him. It became a running joke for our group every time we got on any ride from the Mad Tea Party to Space Mountain to "look out for the 30 foot drop!"
This made me crack up! I thought you might enjoy this one my wife pulled...
On our first Disney trip together back in Sept' 11, my DW and I went on ToT for the thousandth time and when we got in the cart, the approx. 40-yr old gentleman sitting on the other side of my DW was freaked. the heck. out. He said he was afraid of heights, but his family had been bugging him to go on ToT all day, saying he'd have fun and he said he finally gave in just to shut them up. Little did I know, my normally subdued, shy, and super sweet DW decided it was time to have a little devious fun.

We get to the part where the elevator breaks away from the shaft and starts going down the hallway. DW looks over to all the electricity on the sides and says "Oh my GOSH that's not supposed to happen! Something is wrong!!! SOMETHING IS WRONG!" Mr Terrified is white-knuckling the bars at this point, and then the lights go out and its pitch black. The last second before the drop, a few other guys in the cart and I simultaneously decide to join in on the fun and start screaming like girls at the top of our lungs in ridiculous fashion. I happen to glance over when the doors open up over the park and Mr Terrified is ghost white. I think at some point, he joined us in our over-the-top girlish screams, but his were genuine! When the ride ended, he was literally shaking and mumbling something like "Never again." over and over. His family was waiting in the gift shop and all had a biiiig laugh as he told them what happened. I laughed so hard I cried.

Ahhh, I love my DW.

Bairstow

I was stuck in one of the tour groups once...I went on Space Mt. alone (my friend was waiting outside) and as we were funneled onto that moving track thing, I got stuck in the middle of a group...they were chanting and JUMPING on the conveyerbelt and there was no way out. It was DREADFUL.

Wait, do you not do this?

WannaBWendy

The first time I rode Soarin. I am afraid of heights. I ride it every time and many times, but still leave finger imprints in the hand holds!

JillC LI

First trip. I was 8 years old and my sister was 4. Our parents sent us over to take a photo with the "statue" of Bre'r Fox. We did, and as they were about to snap the photo, he jumped to life and scared the begeesus out of us! LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom