Scariest memory in Walt Disney World?

xtimMOOthyx

I almost got struck by lightning at AKL a few years ago. I was sitting outside the front of the Lodge with my mom's friend and her daughter, under the overhang, watching it rain like crazy, but there was no thunder or lightning at this point. My mom's friend told me that she would give me $20 to run over to the other side of the driveway and back. I was about to leap off the curb when lightning struck over in the guest parking lot. Our ears were ringing and the hair on the back of our necks stood up, and management came outside and told everyone to get inside. It was pretty scary, and I'm still a little freaked out about lightning. I almost made a quick $20!

bluefaery

WOW! That must have been quite an experience.

My scariet memory at Disney was in August of 1993 when I working at the Magic Kingdom Monorail station doing crowd control. It was the last night of the summer and it was awfully hot and humid. While I was directing people to the Express Monorail line to TTC. I started to hear screaming and people were jumping out of line over the fences parenst pushing kids out of the way, basically mayhem. I started to run up the ramp to the loading area and I heard people screaming "he has a gun". As I got to the scene of the rukus I found 1 man on the ground bleeding and another standing with one of my fellow Monorail hosts holding his neck trying to control the bleeding. It seems there were two families basically running into to each other all day and it ended on the Monorail ramp when this other family had a run in with this guy. The man pulled a knife and slashed the 2 guys and started to run up to the Monorail and pushed his way onto the train. After I saw the guy running up the ramp we had the Lead stop the train and keep its doors closed. All of sudden aprox 10 undercover Sheriff deputies started to rush the area and arrested the assailant. We then ushered all of guests out of their trying to avid the crime scene while the ambulance arrived and carried the victims away.

sarabi

Scott_y totally wins... wow. Makes you almost thankful they have bag searches now.

So my scary time was during my College program in Sept 1999 to Jan 2000. Sometime around Dec 1999 security really ramped up. I found out later this was because of intelligence about an attempted terror attack (they caught the guys coming in from Canada on their way, supposedly, to WDW).

Anyway, suddenly, everytime we boarded a bus to get to our work locations, our IDs were checked both while boarding and at a checkpoint prior to entering the park where a security officer would actually board the bus and check us all out again. It put some of us on edge.

We speculated amongst ourselves what was going to happen as the millenium celebration drew closer and security got even more and more tight. Everyone had a paranoid feeling, which is why, I think, in late December when I was sitting in my apartment by the window reading a book and I heard this HUGE double bang that rattled the window, I jumped about 10 feet and immediately turned on the news. It sounded like it had come from Downtown Disney and I expected it to have been a bomb.

It was the Space Shuttle. I'm a midwestern girl and unaccustomed to that sound...

But thinking for just a second that something had actually happened to one of our parks and our guests was terrible.

Disneykidder

When we were there in August, we helped a mother find her little boy. What peturved me was she let her other kids/neices/nephews go and look around Toon Town for him when they were only a couple of years older than him. Well, when I saw this, I told all of the kids to stay near me (not that I knew them or anything) so they are together. The mother went off running, leaving the other kids alone. Well, the kids and I found him a few minutes later and we waited together for the mom to run back. When the mother came back she embraced her boy and they all went off. Stupid people!!
:eek:

Wow, Scott. That sounds like quite an ordeal. Disney was good about keeping it quiet becasue I never heard of it before. Sounds like you handled yourself very well. Glad the monorail was stopped before it got to a destination!!

H20Babie

Well, I don't think I can top the stabbing story, but my parents made the mistake of taking me and my brother (5 and 3 at the time) on our first ride ... Snow White. Apparently, we were so traumatized we refused to go on anything else "dark". However, suddenly on the last day, we finally "got it" and our parents had to run to keep up with us. A happy ending :)

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah. That scared me too.

Well, I don't think I can top the stabbing story, but my parents made the mistake of taking me and my brother (5 and 3 at the time) on our first ride ... Snow White. Apparently, we were so traumatized we refused to go on anything else "dark". However, suddenly on the last day, we finally "got it" and our parents had to run to keep up with us. A happy ending :)

Seems that Snow White is pretty traumatizing!!

wdwmomof3

My scariet memory at Disney was in August of 1993 when I working at the Magic Kingdom Monorail station doing crowd control. It was the last night of the summer and it was awfully hot and humid. While I was directing people to the Express Monorail line to TTC. I started to hear screaming and people were jumping out of line over the fences parenst pushing kids out of the way, basically mayhem. I started to run up the ramp to the loading area and I heard people screaming "he has a gun". As I got to the scene of the rukus I found 1 man on the ground bleeding and another standing with one of my fellow Monorail hosts holding his neck trying to control the bleeding. It seems there were two families basically running into to each other all day and it ended on the Monorail ramp when this other family had a run in with this guy. The man pulled a knife and slashed the 2 guys and started to run up to the Monorail and pushed his way onto the train. After I saw the guy running up the ramp we had the Lead stop the train and keep its doors closed. All of sudden aprox 10 undercover Sheriff deputies started to rush the area and arrested the assailant. We then ushered all of guests out of their trying to avid the crime scene while the ambulance arrived and carried the victims away.

:eek:

That & 911 have my vote so far was the worst. Oh yea, and TheMom. I can relate to that a little because when we were at Disney in 1974 or so my two year old little sister got lost for about 20-30 minutes in the Magic Kingdom. A CM had her at lost parents. That was scary for sure.

Cmdr_Crimson

First trip in 1986 we went to River Country and I decided to ride the big water slide on my own. Well, Little did I know that as I made it to the lake the water from the slide pushed me down and I was starting to drown. I grabbed onto the floating rope to at least not have current grab me more. As I grabbed it the lifeguard saw me and said "Please let go of the rope it's not to play on." And Immediatley yelled "I was drowning!" To which the lifeguard replies..."Either way you have to let go of the rope it's not to play on." I stayed in the Pool area from then on...and refused to go back into the lake part....*shudders*

SeaBreeze

Wow, the stabbing incident and the 9/11 evac are truly scary. I was just going to post about being traumatized by the CM and overhead alien in GMR but that's just silly in comparison. Although, it did take me 15 years to go back to Studios after that. :lookaroun

ask!

Scariest memory?.....Our first trip with kids and on property in '96. We checked in but before we even checked out the room at CBR, we purchased lunch in the sand pails, ate at the food court and headed off to the nearest bus stop to make the 3 o'clock parade in MK.....my DH wanted to stop back at the van to drop off the lunch/sand pails.....me and the kids waited at the bus stop that was across the street from some construction....my 5 yo DS was entertained by the digger truck ....the MK bus came....no DH.....10 minutes later....no DH......15 minutes later no DH (and this was before cell phones).....20 minutes later and another MK bus, the digger truck operator started looking "shady", burying bodies perhaps?

The van was parked right near the food court.....where could my DH possibly be.....was he attacked or did he have a heart attack.....25 minutes later, a tired, sweaty, frustrated man who looked alot like my husband appeared in the distance.....he got lost in the massive CBR complex....instead of turning right, he went left and kept walking and walking!

To this day, I still tease him about my scariest moment in WDW.

Andrea

coasterphil

Seeing a dad have a seizure and watching his little daughter cry asking out loud "what's wrong with daddy." Thankfully everything turned out alright, but I was a bit shaken for the rest of the day.

chris chris

i was probly like three when this happend.
i was at a winne the pooh character brekfest and i was scared of the those things (tiger, mickey, pooh and all those characters at the parks) any ways i was hiding under the table. i saw orange feet come by(they were hopping:shrug:) so, i was there all scared and crying:cry: then tiger looked under the table. i ran for my life. since i went to therapy im am no longer scared of those things. :hammer:just playing abut the therapy (duh) but i was scared til i was 8. :wave:bye

EPCOT.nut

When I was three in 197...something??? I had this outfit on with a bumble bee on it. We went to meet Winnie the Pooh and when he saw the bee on my shirt he started to sniff on me and such. It scared the honey out of me. I still remember that clearly, and I still have an aversion to Pooh. do you think therapy is needed?? I dunno???:D

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

A couple years ago at Blizzard Beach, my father and I were walking through the wave pool and I noticed this elderly man kind of floating around in the shallow water looking like he was trying to stand up but couldn't. I told my father about it and he walked over to the man to see if he needed help and right then the man started having a heart atttack. So I run over to the Lifeguard to tell them to come help and they sound the alarm and emt's come to help. He ended up fine but I think if I hadn't seen him he would have drowned.

havoc

can you tell us how that happened. WHat did they do/say

cm's basically formed a line and funneled everyone out, and they were instructed not to tell anyone why.

i knew what had happened because i had checked online with my phone, but honestly i didn't want to spread the word and cause panic.

BiggerTigger

It was just the start of the hurricane season of 2005 and I had a one day pass for MK. Since it is very rarely that I make it back to Disney, I wasn't going to let the weather ruin my day. It had poured all afternoon and I was soaked to the bone. Well, I decided to walk on the back bath between Toon Town and Tomorrowland when lightning struck feet from me. Let's just say, if I had wet myself, no one would have ever known. It was a little scary for me to be that close to some lightning.

LeeSeeBabe

When I was about 7, we were staying at Yacht Club for our first time. My brothers and I were jumping around on the beds, and my brother (9) ended up stepping barefoot on a hypodermic needle (who knows where it could have been from--easily a diabetic, but of course you think of the worst in that type of situation). The next morning, mom was 'sick' and dad took us to breakfast (years, years later found out that she was calling doctors). We ended up cutting out trip a couple days short and had to head to a local hospital for my brother to get a Tetanus shot.

A couple years ago, I was helping my parents do some spring cleaning and ended up finding the needle in a bag that they had saved in case anything else panned out with the situation.

Also, when we were staying at the Treehouse Villas once, my mom was sick (AGAIN!) and the rest of us went out to eat. It was nighttime and thunder storming and she said that someone was banging on the door.. Sounds silly --oooo someone knocked-- but I'm sure it was creepy since those things are like in the middle of nowhere!

DisneyAnole

It was the Space Shuttle. I'm a midwestern girl and unaccustomed to that sound...

But thinking for just a second that something had actually happened to one of our parks and our guests was terrible.

Was the noise a sonic boom from the shuttle landing at KSC? I'm thinking a launch wouldn't be audible from Orlando...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom