Scariest memory in Walt Disney World?

Nicole220

I got separated from my family in the World of Disney store. I was 9 at the time and was terrified! I went up to a worker there and started crying, telling them I was lost. After a few minutes, my family found me.

maryszhi

When I was on the tower of terror once with my best friends, for some reason, we kept feeling like we were going to fly out of there. I mean i know thats the ride, but i really felt like that. I think the belt wasnt tight enough or something. I was really sick after becuase i had that nervous butterfiels in the stomac.I hahve never had that happen before in the the times before and after that incident.
but some things are alot scarier, whether it be rides or events that make it scary

Seeing a dad have a seizure and watching his little daughter cry asking out loud "what's wrong with daddy." Thankfully everything turned out alright, but I was a bit shaken for the rest of the day.

Oh! How horrible! :(

This is probably more along the lines of stupidity than scary, but I once got my head stuck between a shield and part of the railing while waiting in line for Peter Pan's Flight (I was about seven when this happened). I stuck my head through, thinking I could just as easily slide out as I slid in, but quickly learned that I couldn't. The line was moving and guests behind my mother and I were getting y with us, so I cried out of fear. Luckily my mother had the magic touch and slid my head out, and we went about our day.

I never went throgh the ride's que the same way again. :lol:

Snow White's Scary Adventure also gave me alot of creeps back in the day. It still does. :lookaroun

tammycooley

This past June while we were at Typhoon Lagoon...my son decided he wanted to go snorkeling in the shark tank...not wanting to be a "frady cat" I decided I would go too....after getting into the water and pushing off..I started sinking like a rock and gulping salt water and my son marrily floated across the tank...needless to say I thought I was drowning..and to make matters worse there is no easy way to climb out of that dang tank...after several attempts to crawl up that little rock wall there I was out and looking for my son...who was going..."Dang Mom that was so much fun..can we go again"....:lookaroun

I always seem to be seated next to a crazie...like me shifting my leg while seated at Little Mermaid, only to be told that it was affecting the equillibrium of the woman next to me. She scolded me, telling me that her equillibrium is always off during early evening. She then complained to her friend that people in wheelchairs are all "faking it" and "she could tell the difference". She said this in earshot of a family with a little boy with MS...

maryszhi

I always seem to be seated next to a crazie...like me shifting my leg while seated at Little Mermaid, only to be told that it was affecting the equillibrium of the woman next to me. She scolded me, telling me that her equillibrium is always off during early evening. She then complained to her friend that people in wheelchairs are all "faking it" and "she could tell the difference". She said this in earshot of a family with a little boy with MS...
If somebody said that infront of a kid with ms(or anybody in a wheel chair for the matter) i would have told them off...... i cant believe somebody had the audacity to say that...they should be ashamed of themselves

Fun2BFree

I was 11 and we were staying at All Star Movies. My parents went off to the food-court to get our meals and bring them back, and I was in charge of looking after my little brother (7) in our room. I left him watching TV and used the toilet. When I came out, I found the door open and my brother gone. I freaked out and, grabbing my room key and closing the door, went out searching all around the resort in the dark, scared of what fate would befall both me and my brother.

I eventually gave up and went to see my parents at the food-court, only to find my brother, who had decided he wanted a different meal and so went to tell them without informing me he was leaving! Interestingly, in subsequent trips he manages to get himself lost several times a trip, no matter how old he is. Well, you wanted painful and scary memories, and you got 'em. :lol:

maryszhi

I was 11 and we were staying at All Star Movies. My parents went off to the food-court to get our meals and bring them back, and I was in charge of looking after my little brother (7) in our room. I left him watching TV and used the toilet. When I came out, I found the door open and my brother gone. I freaked out and, grabbing my room key and closing the door, went out searching all around the resort in the dark, scared of what fate would befall both me and my brother.

I eventually gave up and went to see my parents at the food-court, only to find my brother, who had decided he wanted a different meal and so went to tell them without informing me he was leaving! Interestingly, in subsequent trips he manages to get himself lost several times a trip, no matter how old he is. Well, you wanted painful and scary memories, and you got 'em. :lol:
I remember when i was there and there was this woman who was frantically looking for her two daughters. She asked a cm to help her. I asked what she looked like.....and long and behold i saw them on dumbo, thinking her parents were on the bottom. Sure enough two cms were there asking the little girls where the mommy or daddy was. That mom was so greatful, she wanted to get me and my friends ...but we declined and told her we were just happy to reunite them. The Cm was working at 50's after when we were there and brought us free milkshakes, priority seating at fantasmic, as well as a meet and greet with mickey and minnie. I felt bad bc it was just doing the right thing. well what goes around comes around, those who do good are rewarded

EPCOT.nut

Remember when Soarin stopped during that EPCOT power outage and the Dad was ranting and raving that it ruined their trip and the kids were traumatized? :rolleyes:

lunalovegoddess

Scary in a funny way...

The scariest moment I had at WDW was during the Mickey's Not-So-Scary party. I had decided to forgo my usual costumes, which were cute and not revealing, in favor of a goth look. So I dyed my hair blood-red, wore a sparkly black dress, leather corset, spiderweb arm warmers, and a pair of stockings that were held up by a garter belt/panty combo (which I'd never had an occasion to wear). I left the house feeling sexy and cool.

The first problem we encountered was a jack-knifed trailer truck on the highway just before reaching our destination. We ended up bumping into the car in front of us. That was truly frightening. Just when I thought I could breathe a sigh of relief, though, a new problem presented itself:

I had recently lost weight. You can imagine my supreme mortification when the offending undergarment started creeping down my thighs on a very crowded Monorail. :eek: I had to grab the fabric at my hip with one hand to prevent the garter panty from falling down completely, and somehow managed to get through the bag-check line and entrance to the nearest bathroom. :eek:

Scary, but for an entirely different reason...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Was the noise a sonic boom from the shuttle landing at KSC? I'm thinking a launch wouldn't be audible from Orlando...

It is, it breaks the windows on houses in the Tampa area on occasion - it has to do with the angle of the approach and etc..

Anywho, only time i recall really being "scared" as in "fearful for life" at WDW was on the TTA after it had stopped for a while and our vehicle started up again - and we came around the corner and the vehicle infront of ours was still at a dead stop and we had made it back to full speed. We knew they had bumpers and all, but weren't really sure how they worked.

It was the long straight-away going over Monsters Inc (Timekeeper at the time of the incident) and we could see it coming for a long time. Everyone in our vehicle was like "We're not stopping.. We're really not stopping.. We're doing to die! The Horror! The Horror! I'm too young to die! Why did man have to foll with mother nature! Curse you electromagnetism! AHHHH!!!"

And then like one of those dreams when you're falling out of the sky and about hit the ground but wake up in your bed, we bounced off the other vehicle and our bumpers did the mushy-bumpers thing and it was so smooth it was like two marshmallows mating. Go fig, eh?

So we all sat there, a little shocked, and waited to be evacuated.

sarabi

Was the noise a sonic boom from the shuttle landing at KSC? I'm thinking a launch wouldn't be audible from Orlando...

Yes, it was landing. I am a total space geek and should've known what the double sonic boom meant but I had never heard a sonic boom in my life. When I turned on the news, it was airing the shuttle landing and I realized then that was what it was.

The Mom

Premium Member
First trip in 1986 we went to River Country and I decided to ride the big water slide on my own. Well, Little did I know that as I made it to the lake the water from the slide pushed me down and I was starting to drown. I grabbed onto the floating rope to at least not have current grab me more. As I grabbed it the lifeguard saw me and said "Please let go of the rope it's not to play on." And Immediatley yelled "I was drowning!" To which the lifeguard replies..."Either way you have to let go of the rope it's not to play on." I stayed in the Pool area from then on...and refused to go back into the lake part....*shudders*

And the water was deep! I remember it being up to the bottom of my chin (I'm about 5'4") so it was way over my 7 year old daughter's head. We were also surprised by the "pushing down" sensation, along with the depth. (every other water slide we had ever been on had a shallower landing pool, so that you could just stand up and walk out) Good thing we could both swim. ;)

sublimesting

When we went this June, we were really scared because of the fires. As we were on the Magical Express, we smelt smoke. That smell/haze continued for the next 48 hours.

Also, it was closing time at the Studios, and we just got off the Great Movie Ride, and it was pouring rain and storming like crazy, and we were probably the only ones in the park. Since we were staying at the Beach Club that day, the only way back was the launch, and since it was thundering and lightning like crazy, we waited for 15-30 minutes outside of the canvas with the rain pouring down and the thunder over our heads.

I feel for you out in that rain. We were there the same time and thankfully were on a bus. It rained soooo hard that we had several inches of water in the bus! Not sure exactly what was happening there but...anyways.....we stopped at Typhoon Lagoon and people were standing in swimsuits in the pouring thunderous lightning filled storm and there were so many of them they were totally unsheltered. This crack of thunder went off and like 70 people jumped a foot in the air. I actually flet so bad, I would have been freaking out in that.
Rain and I don't mix well as lightning has hit within 20 yards of me 3 times in my life.:lookaroun

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Scariest moment -- DW, DS3 and I meet my parents at Epcot one morning. We see them outside the gates but they need to activate their AP's before entering. So we enter and hang out amongst the tombstones waiting for the parents. 20 minutes later, we realize something isn't right, so I exit the park to find security and another person I later realized was from First Aid hovering over my father, who has a cut on his forehead and is looking wobbly as he sits up. He has high-blood pressure and has had two quadruple bypasses, so I thought the worst. Turns out he had just been dehydrated and fainted. Disney gave him a wheelchair and a two bottles of Powerade, and he was feeling better about 30 minutes later.

Humorous aftereffect. Whenever my son, who is now four, sees a handicapped picture (blue outline of a person in a wheelchair), he says "that's Grandpa!"

palmage

My scariest memory in Walt Disney World was when after 7 nights at the Grand Floridian I woke up and saw that little Mickey envelope had been slid under the door.
I was so scared!!!

kshark

i think i was like 7ish .. walking through liberty square with my head down (staring at the ground possibly?).. then bam.. it was dark.. i was stuck... turns out i ramed my head into the trash cans and when i pulled out the swingy, lid part wouldnt let me pull my head out without someone on the outside pushing it in. needless to say i started to panic but i had to wait until my fam was done taking pictures and laughing hysterically.. maybe i can try and find one of the pics..

ThinkTink721

On my 1st visit to WDW, I was 7 years old & my parents made me ride Space Mountain.
I begged & pleaded w/ them not to make me ride.
I told them that I would wait for them to ride.
But, they made me ride anyway.
I was so scared! :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom