Scariest memory in Walt Disney World?

doop

When I was 6, after coming out of UoE, there was a huge crowd of people and I got seperated from my parents. I can't remember specifically what happened, but I remember this family trying to help me locate them. Eventually after about what was like 15 minutes we found them. I'm pretty sure I was in tears the entire time, it was one of the scariest things that has ever happened to me.

MattyFresh

In MK last Oct. this man was off to get food or something and thought his wife had his little boy, and of course his wife thought he had the boy. Well we see this happening as the little boy is trying as hard as he can to run and keep up with his dad. We ended up running ahead and getting the dad, he had no idea. I was glad to keep a nightmare from happening.

piratetreasure

Original Poster
This one is a little stupid since I'm only 11 and I get scared easily. When I was 8 on my first trip in 2005 to Disney World, The donald in the wall at philarmagic scared me alot because I was sitting in the back row where donald was and was afraid the anhimatronic would fall on me.

TheKeeler7

Not really scary as much as tramatic , but when I was about 6 I has a very weak stomach for thrill rides. My brother 12 and sister 9:fork::fork: (despite being read the riot act ahead of time from my parents) spun the tea cups so fast I turned green.:eek::hurl: I'll never forget the look on my dads face as we spun (not to mention the reaming they got once the ride stopped!!!!)

geauxdaddy71

When I was three in 197...something??? I had this outfit on with a bumble bee on it. We went to meet Winnie the Pooh and when he saw the bee on my shirt he started to sniff on me and such. It scared the honey out of me. I still remember that clearly, and I still have an aversion to Pooh. do you think therapy is needed?? I dunno???:D

The Mom

Premium Member
Let's see if we can avoid insulting anyone on this thread. :lol: I've got my eye on you. ;)

My worst memory was at CBR.

Background: I was travelling alone with my daughter, who was around 5 or 6. She had been taking swim lessons for 3 or 4 years at the time, and was also on a club team, so she was a fair to good swimmer. OK

We went to the "big" pool, and I found a lounge chair near the edge. I leaned down to get my towel out of my beach bag, and when I stood up, my daughter was gone.

I wasn't overly concerned, as I knew the liklihood of her drowning was slim, so I just started walking all around the pool, checking for her. Long story short, she wasn't in or around the pool, nor was she on/waiting for the slide.

That's when I alerted a lifeguard, who contacted security, who arrived almost immediately. (And trust me, in a situation like this, a minute can feel like an hour!) I described her, and within a minute or two, someone had found her.

She was within 10 feet of the chair, digging in the sand on the other side of a hedge, so I couldn't see her.

We had a short discussion about letting Mommy know where you are going, and making sure that she hears you. (My daughter said she told me, but I didn't answer her, so she left anyway.)

Nansafan

I realize you said WDW but I am going to relate a DL story. It took place in 2000. We arrived in California on 12/26, staying until 12/31. It was the 27th or 28th and we were heading into Adventureland on our way to the Indiana Jones ride. I was with my brother, 35, my sister 38, my son 14, and neices 12 and 10. The park had closed on the 26th, and the 27th due to capacity. While walking over to Indiana Jones, we had to travel single file to get through the crowds. I was at the end trying to keep track of everyone. I had my hand on my niece's shoulder. Of course I got separated from them. I told her to stay with my son, I'd catch up. I kept walking, and walking and walking and still could not find my group. I started to panic since I did not see anyone. I was really concerned about the kids, especially the 10 year old as she was short for her age. I was as close to a panic attack as I ever got when I felt a tug on my jacket and there was my brother and the rest of them. They freaked when they didn't see me because they knew I had quite bad vision problems and was probably starting to panic because I couldn't find them.

njblackberry

Easy - my parents took me and my sister to the Magic Kingdom shortly after the Grand Opening (I think it was in the spring of 1972). We got stuck on It's A Small World for about 30 minutes.

It was very traumatic for me :hammer:and I didn't go on that attraction for about 20 years. I've gotten over it :lol:

Kingdom WDW

When we went this June, we were really scared because of the fires. As we were on the Magical Express, we smelt smoke. That smell/haze continued for the next 48 hours.

Also, it was closing time at the Studios, and we just got off the Great Movie Ride, and it was pouring rain and storming like crazy, and we were probably the only ones in the park. Since we were staying at the Beach Club that day, the only way back was the launch, and since it was thundering and lightning like crazy, we waited for 15-30 minutes outside of the canvas with the rain pouring down and the thunder over our heads.

lilclerk

On my first trip when I was about 6, I thought I was going to fall out of my car on Spaceship Earth and fall all the way to the bottom of the "big ball." I cried a bit.
As much as I love it now, I still get a bit nervous on SSE.

scott_y

My scariet memory at Disney was in August of 1993 when I working at the Magic Kingdom Monorail station doing crowd control. It was the last night of the summer and it was awfully hot and humid. While I was directing people to the Express Monorail line to TTC. I started to hear screaming and people were jumping out of line over the fences parenst pushing kids out of the way, basically mayhem. I started to run up the ramp to the loading area and I heard people screaming "he has a gun". As I got to the scene of the rukus I found 1 man on the ground bleeding and another standing with one of my fellow Monorail hosts holding his neck trying to control the bleeding. It seems there were two families basically running into to each other all day and it ended on the Monorail ramp when this other family had a run in with this guy. The man pulled a knife and slashed the 2 guys and started to run up to the Monorail and pushed his way onto the train. After I saw the guy running up the ramp we had the Lead stop the train and keep its doors closed. All of sudden aprox 10 undercover Sheriff deputies started to rush the area and arrested the assailant. We then ushered all of guests out of their trying to avid the crime scene while the ambulance arrived and carried the victims away.

EPCOT Explorer

Paying the bill.

LOL.My real scary memory would have to be the magic Mirror in Snow White's Adventures.When I was little that reallllly freaked me out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom