Say goodbye to the treehouses

PhilharMagician

Actually when I looked at it on MS live it looks like it would be easier to make it an extension of SSR as the tree house property is right across the golf green from SSR. It still would be quite a haul to the main building though.

I just took a peak at the overhead and I did not relize how far away the OKW main building was from the Sasagoula river.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
How abut a cozy adults only resort? The property is really not big enough for a full fledged DVC or moderate resort. By comparison it roughly twice the size of the large lake at SSR.
naahhh, some kid will sue :D

Now theres an idea! It could be quite educational too. :eek:
like one of those shows on HBO with all the hippies at one of those "camps". they would be much better if the "campers" were a little less hippie

WDWFigment

Definitely a great decision, these things had seen 'better days' over ten years ago, but part of me is a little sad to see them go. A very small part of me.

wendysmom

Sad to see them go! I remember seeing pictures of them as a kid and thinking that's where I'd stay some day with my family. Sigh.

WDW Monorail

The current structures are 340* sq ft. The proposed structures will be 84* sq ft. That is a BIG difference. Although, the design of the buildings will be very similar.

*Ground level

Miss Bell

My understanding of them being in a protected area is just that they can't build new structures-- so no continuation of DVC in that spot anyway. I believe that is one of the reasons they continued using them so long--they can't put anything new there.

Personally, I always thought they were kind of cool, if they would have been kept up with correctly.

Disney4648

Anyone have some recent pictures? I could barely see them with all of the overgrown foilage on my trip from DTD to PO Riverside. I would greatly appreciate it.

dpunky

I could see Disney building another DVC resort at the Treehouse area. I still think they need to finish the unfinished buildings on Pop Century before tackling this project.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I could see Disney building another DVC resort at the Treehouse area. I still think they need to finish the unfinished buildings on Pop Century before tackling this project.
They do, but the values and mods are doing fine as is - DVC pulls more money in. Give it a few years and Saratoga will be all over this area. Once the tower they arn`t building at the CRH is complete....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom