Saw the "Dream Squad" in action today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montu

Amazing to me still is how unapprecative the non winners are.

I gotta ask here - why are you amazed? This is exactly how I said things would be in my opinion when they announced the plan in the first place, and we're only through Day 1 of roughly 455 days to come.

Message boreds sure are gonna be an interesting place for the next year.

Montu

it's ironic that this new celebration is suppose to bring magic and good manners into the park....yet early on it's having the opposite affect....People and this entitlement crap. No one is entitled to anything. One one is better then anyone else, but this day of age most people don't see this.

I'd much sooner call it iconic than ironic. With all due respect if you didn't see this reaction coming you must not get out in public much.

There are VERY FEW people in the world that don't have their own sense of entitlement, and no one wants to accept the crued reality that in the big picture, they are nothing special at all.

Computer Magic

I gotta ask here - why are you amazed? This is exactly how I said things would be in my opinion when they announced the plan in the first place, and we're only through Day 1 of roughly 455 days to come.

Message boreds sure are gonna be an interesting place for the next year.
I just said the same thing.....I'm sure the kinks will be worked out....just like anything new, it takes a few days to work the bug out.

You probably will have to be more discrete in giving out the prizes so everyone around doesn't see it.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
So, do i get a prize for having seen this coming? The whole "reward for niceness" aspect backfiring horribly?

Computer Magic

I'd much sooner call it iconic than ironic. With all due respect if you didn't see this reaction coming you must not get out in public much.

There are VERY FEW people in the world that don't have their own sense of entitlement, and no one wants to accept the crued reality that in the big picture, they are nothing special at all.
Good to see you in such good spirits. I do get out, as I just came from the place you call work....I hope you are friendlier in public :wave:

maggiegrace1

Why can't you just be happy to be At Walt Disney World?

do you know how many people would die just to there once let alone win a fastpass or whatever...
Please people..Quit complaining or just don't go!!

That is all..:)

I would love to meet Sherm and Scott..:)

Computer Magic

do you know how many people would die just to there once let alone win a fastpass or whatever...

:sohappy:

Montu

I just said the same thing.....I'm sure the kinks will be worked out....just like anything new, it takes a few days to work the bug out.

No company is skilled enough to rid people of jealous and a sense of entitlement. Disney as a company is not doing anything wrong in my opinion. The fact is they're doing something NICE and that brings out the worst in people.

Montu

Good to see you in such good spirits. I do get out, as I just came from the place you call work....I hope you are friendlier in public :wave:

Place I call work? I don't recall ever saying here or anywhere that I work at Disney, or any theme park for that matter.

You know what's said about people who assume don't you?

Computer Magic

Place I call work? I don't recall ever saying here or anywhere that I work at Disney, or any theme park for that matter.

You know what's said about people who assume don't you?
the same thing I'm thinking about you right now :wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended

The problem is, there is a suprising number more ready to kill/maim/attack/etc for these prizes as well.

Piebald

I don't see the argument here........?

Disney is doing something very nice for the guests who have continued to attend the parks and be part of the family.

Agreeing with what Montu said, doing something nice like this will always bring out the worst in SOME people. Although they are trying super hard to be discreet and quiet about awarding these prizes, there will be guests who go crazy about why THEY didn't get a prize and why someone ELSE did. No one is being bitter in proclaiming this, it is just something that we as CMs know will happen. It's not exactly disasterous and I think the YOMD is a great idea and fun for everyone, but it's just facing the reality. This is why it is totally random locations (and I mean, VERY random) and they need to verify a lot of information before even hinting anything will be awarded. It's not like they're going to go into a queue and scream "YOU'VE WON A CRUISE! WHOO!!". If you happen to notice that in fact someone around you has won, just congratulate them.

autumndawn1006

Sadly, if guests enough about not winning something to management.... they may receive something on a smaller scale or maybe even equivalent (such as a fastpass or priority entrance)... :brick:

They could give them front of the line passes to IASW, and make them stay on for 20 straight rides:drevil: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom