Saving Tables

JimboJones123

We are the people that "chill" at tables, sometimes for a few hours in a day. Sorry. It gets hot in Orlando. And our party usually includes seniors and always kids. Some kids may be napping. Others go and ride rides while they rest. The tables are public places in the park. You can "hang" there after you are done. Should people getting a rest be forced to sit in the hot sun on a bench? So, if you get angry at people that have set up camp... It's us. Sorry, but we aren't changing.

DisneyDragon

Oh yes, the hovering hordes are a lot of fun, especially in their rush to pounce on your table. One guy even put down his tray over top of me as I went to stand, forcing me to sit down or wear his coke...so I said, "Sorry man, just doing a baseball adjustment. Not leaving yet. Sorry". And I pulled out my map and pretended like I was planning to go somewhere. 5 seconds longer and he'd have had the table...

Another time, we had this family that thought they could speed us up by peering over our shoulders and checking how much each of us had left to eat. I was getting pretty annoyed, and I am an extremely fast eater, so I finished well ahead of the rest of the group. While I was sitting there, I notice a father trying to balance a tray, push a stroller and keep a hold of his toddler. I felt for him, so I stood up, walked over to him and said (while winking) "Bob, there you are. We went ahead and started eating. I'm already done so you can take my seat. It's pretty crowded in here, but I'm sure everyone can fit." He got my drift pretty quickly, and I offered to push the stroller over. He sat down and the other family got cranky, but they didn't know any better. We played it cool until they left, he thanked us, and had a chat until the rest of my family was done.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Sorry, this doesn't bother me, because it's what we do. It makes no sense to have your entire family or party in line to order. It just makes sense to have a table waiting for you when you get your food; otherwise, you're scrambling around looking for a place to eat while your hot food gets cold, or your cold food gets hot. It's no different than any other fast food restaurant. We try to go during off-peak times, so as to eliminate having to deal with very crowded restaurants, but it can still be a problem even during those times.

In fact, I look for lines where there appears to be a family all together, becauase it means I'm going to get to order quicker, because it'll be 2, 3, or more people shorter in a short time. :D

slappy magoo

What bothers me more is when people take up far more space than they have to. 3 people sitting at a table that can seat 6 or 8, all spread out, putting their stuff on the unused seats so they can spread outm putting their feet on the seats while people are standing looking for a place to eat. That's the shocking lack of courtesy I find frustrating. Right now, it's just my fiancee and I. If a party of 3 park themselves at a table suitable for 4, it leaves room for a smaller party to eat.

Oh, and usually while I order, my fiancee finds a place to sit. Quite often, she finds a place a few seconds before the food is served. If we waited until we actually had our food before finding a seat, our food would be cold and dried out before we ever had a bite.

niteobsrvr

Saving Tables is cool.

What gets me are the people at EPCOT that choose to dine at the quick service restaurant in front of mexico for 2 to 3 hours prior to Illuminations. How long does it take to drink that coke anyway?

I dont even think it is possible to spend that much time at the main restaurant in France which is known for having people linger.

DDuckFan130

Sorry, we save tables too :lol: I think we've got it down to a science.:lookaroun If it's just my siblings and I...I pay for food, my brother and sister go and look for a table. My brother sits and my sister comes to help me with the food. We go to the table, and we send my brother for napkins, condiments, etc.

barnum42

so to avoid standing with their paid food... they save tables... 99.99999% of people in america do this... if you don't... you can't complain... it's silly not to.
It's a tricky move when you are on your own!

Thing is, in Disney World you can find a table where all seats are not occupied and be able to say "do you mind if we joined you?" I've never once been refused and never once refused anyone who said that to me.

Boray

I'd have 2 cranky kids and a cranky husband if I had to wait with trays of food for a table. If there aren't any tables available before I order, I wait until a table opens, then send up hubby to order food. It only makes sense to do it this way. Who wants to wait with a tray of food, looking for a seat?!?!?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I'd have 2 cranky kids and a cranky husband if I had to wait with trays of food for a table. If there aren't any tables available before I order, I wait until a table opens, then send up hubby to order food. It only makes sense to do it this way. Who wants to wait with a tray of food, looking for a seat?!?!?

I agree, and although I enjoy a nice WDW burger or chicken strips as much as the next person, I dont like them cold!:hurl:

brich

Well, there ya have it...The popular choice is to save the table while others hunt the meal... If this is what the norm is, I would suggest this...If ya can't beat em, join em... :animwink:

Now this idea of saving stalls in the bathroom... :lookaroun

jonesenon4

:hammer:
We are the people that "chill" at tables, sometimes for a few hours in a day. Sorry. It gets hot in Orlando. And our party usually includes seniors and always kids. Some kids may be napping. Others go and ride rides while they rest. The tables are public places in the park. You can "hang" there after you are done. Should people getting a rest be forced to sit in the hot sun on a bench? So, if you get angry at people that have set up camp... It's us. Sorry, but we aren't changing.
:hammer: I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU HERE JIMBO IF YOUR NOT EATING YOU SHOULDNT BE SITTING IN THE RESTURANT. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH SAVING TABLES FOR PEOPLE ORDERTNG FOOD BUT TO TAKE UP SPACE BECAUSE YOUR TIRED IS WRONG.SHOULD THE PEOPLE WITH FOOD BE FORCED TO SIT ON THE CURB AND EAT BECAUSE YOUR TIRED DONT THINK SO,GO FIND A SHADE TREE THERES PLENTY OF THEM AROUND.24 DAYS AND COUNTING.:sohappy: :sohappy:

Tigger1988

:hammer: :hammer: I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU HERE JIMBO IF YOUR NOT EATING YOU SHOULDNT BE SITTING IN THE RESTURANT. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH SAVING TABLES FOR PEOPLE ORDERTNG FOOD BUT TO TAKE UP SPACE BECAUSE YOUR TIRED IS WRONG.SHOULD THE PEOPLE WITH FOOD BE FORCED TO SIT ON THE CURB AND EAT BECAUSE YOUR TIRED DONT THINK SO,GO FIND A SHADE TREE THERES PLENTY OF THEM AROUND.24 DAYS AND COUNTING.:sohappy: :sohappy:

Why are you shouting? :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom