Saving Tables

ballardkringle

Original Poster
Just got back from another trip to WDW. The only thing that really bothered me this time was people saving tables in the counter service restaurants. :mad: Everytime we go to WDW this happens. The worst places are Pecos Bill at MK and Pizza Planet at MGM. You pay for your food and then walk around with your tray and there are no tables available. That's one thing but then you see people, usually children with no adults present sitting at the table with no food saving the table while there parents are in line getting there food. We usually just stand there until someone finishes and then we can sit down but sometimes it takes a while. If nobody saved a table I bet there would most likely be available tables when needed.
Does this bother anyone else?

Dukeblue1016

no. nor should it...

if no one saved tables... this would still be a problem, because then you'd take the table they have saved, and when they came around... there'd be no where for them to sit, so they'd be doing what you're doing... waiting...

so to avoid standing with their paid food... they save tables... 99.99999% of people in america do this... if you don't... you can't complain... it's silly not to.

Tigger1988

So you're mad at the people who we're smart enough to have someone in their party grab a table while they went and purchased food? :brick:

kachow

I actually see no problem in saving tables. It's easier to find a table when you don't have a tray full of food with you, especially at Pecos Bill's. So you find it, and then go get the food, knowing exactly where you're heading when you get out of line.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yeah, this is kind of a silly thing to get peeved over. What annoys me is when the whole family waits in line together: orders together waits for the food together...it really clogs up the space. Can't people find one intelligenct person in the group to remember everyone's orders, and the rest get a table and condiments? That seems like the smart way to do it.

Or You could always join a family or person sitting by themselves that had an extra chair. I did that at Fazoli's once and had a great coversation with a guy. I'd probably be too shy to do that again, but just a thought....

TheDisneyGirl02

What I find annoying is when people who have their food on their tray stand there and look at you until you're finished with your food and then dive in for the kill of your table. It's like, wait one more minute and we'll be out of your way!

We always send somebody to grab a table, then our food is hot for us. Plus, I don't really like hovering over other people while they are trying to eat.

:)

TheDisneyGirl02

Tigger1988

What I find annoying is when people who have their food on their tray stand there and look at you until you're finished with your food and then dive in for the kill of your table. It's like, wait one more minute and we'll be out of your way!

We always send somebody to grab a table, then our food is hot for us. Plus, I don't really like hovering over other people while they are trying to eat.

:)

TheDisneyGirl02

Exactly, breathing down their necks is a heck of a lot worse than grabbing a table for yourself. If people start hovering around my table I'll just keep sitting there, no one is going to rush my meal.

There are only 2 people in our group so what we usually do is stand in line together...we both order...then while my husband waits for the food I go to find a table. While I also don't like it when people stand directly over your table and watch for you to be done eating.....try putting yourself in their shoes. You are standing there with your food, ready to eat but you can't find a table...wouldn't you be greatful if someone offered you their table? It's just another one of those nice things you can do for someone rather than slow down and just sit there when you know other people are waiting. I'm not saying that you should rush through your meal, but if you are almost done and it is obvious that people are waiting, the nice thing to do would be to finish your meal and offer them your table.

TheDisneyGirl02

There are only 2 people in our group so what we usually do is stand in line together...we both order...then while my husband waits for the food I go to find a table. While I also don't like it when people stand directly over your table and watch for you to be done eating.....try putting yourself in their shoes. You are standing there with your food, ready to eat but you can't find a table...wouldn't you be greatful if someone offered you their table? It's just another one of those nice things you can do for someone rather than slow down and just sit there when you know other people are waiting. I'm not saying that you should rush through your meal, but if you are almost done and it is obvious that people are waiting, the nice thing to do would be to finish your meal and offer them your table.

When we were down there earlier this month, we did offer several people our table when we were ready to leave...but what gets me is when an entire family will hover around you until you're done. We had this happen at Pizza Planet that my parents weren't even finished yet and two different families came running over for the table. We never just sit at our table when we are done eating (there's too much to do just to sit there!). Offering a table is one thing, taking it while people are still sitting there is another. Oh well! :rolleyes:

swimmom

It has never bothered me that people save their table waiting for the one or two members of their family to bring the food. It's actually a great idea. As someone mentioned above, it's far worse to have the entire family waiting in line where there is not that much room and add the stroller to that too!!! I once was literally blocked in at the pick-up counter by a family with a stroller. It had started to rain pretty hard and everyone decided to get in out of the rain and grab a bite to eat so the lines were absolutely packed.

I am only bothered by the family that finishes eating and lingers at the table longer than necessary, when they are fully aware of others that would like to sit down and eat.

Dwarful

Well, we always try to eat at off times, but during busy seasons, even then seems like the best counter service restaurants are busy. If we are in a good size group (usually 12), we have one person (3 total) from each "family" order and pay for their own family food. 6 others go and get tables and 3 others go and get napkins & other condiments. If we need help carrying then the first to go w/a tray comes back w/one of the oldest kids. but that way you don't have block at the line.

The one time we had an issue was in Fantasyland and my husband and two of the girls snapped up a table that over looked IASW while I and my niece went and got the food. No sooner did I get to sit down (after everyone had their drinks, condiments, napkins etc) then a man came up and said "How much longer you think your gonna be honey?" and I said..."oh I don't know, probably about 20 minutes"...you'd a thought I said 2 hours!

When we were down there earlier this month, we did offer several people our table when we were ready to leave...but what gets me is when an entire family will hover around you until you're done. We had this happen at Pizza Planet that my parents weren't even finished yet and two different families came running over for the table. We never just sit at our table when we are done eating (there's too much to do just to sit there!). Offering a table is one thing, taking it while people are still sitting there is another. Oh well! :rolleyes:

It is definelty annoying when people stand and watch you eat or like someone else said ask you how long you will be there:eek:

AEfx

So you're mad at the people who we're smart enough to have someone in their party grab a table while they went and purchased food? :brick:

I'd be complaining a lot more if I had to wait in line with tons of screaming, hungry kids and the whole bleedin' brood...

Let them sit at the tables - PLEASE! LOL.

AEfx

metscool

I am happy to say that I am one of them. I got tried of that and I said why can't I do that. So I did. Sorry if it gets you mad. How about this next time you go to WDW just do it. If you are not alone.

Lucky

Same with us - I order and my wife finds a table, get napkins and condiments, etc. with one or both kids. People are tired from walking the park and need to sit down somewhere, so it's not as if they're just needlessly hogging a table. Most times there's not a shortage of tables anyway. There may be some places in the "real" world where saving tables is inappropriate. But at WDW it doesn't bother me.

Tigger1988

I am happy to say that I am one of them. I got tried of that and I said why can't I do that. So I did. Sorry if it gets you mad. How about this next time you go to WDW just do it. If you are not alone.

I'm confused as to what you mean, do you reserve tables for your party, or stand around those eating?

Sorry just confused :wave:

Dukeblue1016

Ya know what I hate more than anything?!?!?!

People who have the NERVE to get a fastpass... it's just not fair that they go get one. I'm not doing it... and I'm going to wait in line for a ride i PAID to go on... and they're gonna just get a fastpass... THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom