Save the Adventurers Club

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Happy 21st Birthday Adenturers Club as well as the rest of Merriweather Adam Pleasure's Island! May this year bring new hope of your return, especially since Jay Rasulo is no longer in charge of Parks and Resorts! With any luck, if we ask Tom Staggs nicely (Contact info to come), he will be more open to our pleas of the return of Adventure!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Pippa

So then everyone, although our beloved club is no more, what are we all doing across the globe to keep the memory of the Adventurers Club alive??

Personally, I have a moose head (fake not real) on my bedroom wall and a treasured signed photo of the cast in the living room. I often wear my brown leather boots and channel Samantha Sterlings presence!

zweltar

Just last night my wife and I looked through the scrapbook from our honeymoon and were reminiscing about our time at the Adventurer's Club. So many great memories there. It was by far some of the most fun we had on our honeymoon.

DisneyMusician2

I'm so surprised it hasn't found its way into the Animal Kingdom or Epcot. Seems to me you could ever make it would as a restaurant concept, with a few modification.

So then everyone, although our beloved club is no more, what are we all doing across the globe to keep the memory of the Adventurers Club alive??

Personally, I have a moose head (fake not real) on my bedroom wall and a treasured signed photo of the cast in the living room. I often wear my brown leather boots and channel Samantha Sterlings presence!
I still peruse eBay for AC gear, much of which hasn't been available in over 10 years.

RyanS

I'll be working at DtD West Side this summer and I have my orientation next Tuesday. I guess we'll be touring all of DtD including PI. I am absolutely mortified at the thought of stepping foot into the abandoned cloob and seeing it empty and torn apart. Leaving the final night was heart wrenching enough and as much as I want to set foot in there again, this is not what I had in mind. In this case, my last Kungaloosh and club salute in there will mean CURSE YOU DISNEY!

Mouse Detective

I'll be working at DtD West Side this summer and I have my orientation next Tuesday. I guess we'll be touring all of DtD including PI. I am absolutely mortified at the thought of stepping foot into the abandoned cloob and seeing it empty and torn apart. Leaving the final night was heart wrenching enough and as much as I want to set foot in there again, this is not what I had in mind. In this case, my last Kungaloosh and club salute in there will mean CURSE YOU DISNEY!

I doubt your orientation will take you inside the closed clubs. Why bother? But perhaps someone will share some insight with you about what is going on with PI and you can share that with us readers!

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I sat on the sidewalk by mannequins as a new group of CMs was guided through the "bold new vision" they don't make much note of any of the clubs. They focus on the fabulous celebrate tonight offering and the awe-inspiring harley davidson store. They don't even tell you what used to be in the empty buildings.

nothing to see here folks, either do the chicken dance or move along

71jason

nothing to see here folks, either do the chicken dance or move along

But I've already done it three times tonight!

On an unrelated note, they've started trying to sell the new "Treasure Tavern" that Pirates Dinner Show is building as a "cross between the Adventurers Club and Rosie O'Gradys." Here's hoping they pull it off. If it becomes successful, WDW will have to come up with a clone to put it out of business (like the AdvClub did to the original Rosie's).

Mouse Detective

On an unrelated note, they've started trying to sell the new "Treasure Tavern" that Pirates Dinner Show is building as a "cross between the Adventurers Club and Rosie O'Gradys." Here's hoping they pull it off. If it becomes successful, WDW will have to come up with a clone to put it out of business (like the AdvClub did to the original Rosie's).

The save pleasure island website had something about Treasure Tavern a few days ago.

http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2010/05/treasure-tavern.html

71jason

With Howl at the Moon already blocks away, and Twisted Kilt ("Hooters meets Bennigans") opening soon as well, that stretch of I-Drive is almost reinventing itself as the new Church St. Station/PI/CityWalk. More evidence that WDW seems content to limit itself to families and hard-core fans, and is willing to cede the "grown up" tourists to the convention center area. I see that backfiring in the long run.

71jason

the new tee shop is BOLD???

Compared to "Ridemakerz," yeah, it actually is. At least it sells unique Disney merch and has some minimal theming--not to the level of anywhere else in Marketplace, but they made a half-hearted try. In other words, it doesn't look like a flea market or the Halloween store they open every October 1 in the abandoned Winn Dixie.

And it's not an empty carcass of a building with a dance party across the way trying to distract guests of its existance.

As for your question about the Club, I saw a picture (no I don't have a copy) of the Yakoose hanging alone on an empty wall. Truly sad.

Pippa

Well if Yakoose is still "haaaaanging on the wall" then there is still hope!!!!!

He is the glue that holds the cloob together!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom