Save the Adventurers Club

jt04

Disney suits suck, and I hope to be able to inform a few of them of that fact this weekend.:mad:

Really? You think so? I don't.

It seems to have on these boards. People seem to be more accepting of the fact it's closing for the most part. And that makes me think it is because the rumored expansion of the S.E.A. concept is true. Including at WDW. The AV at the MK and DAK seem perfect for it.

rebecca06261

Did the suits say anything about the AC story having a future somewhere else at WDW?

I have to ask because the anger seems to have evaporated and that makes me think something is in the rumor mill for the AC's future elsewhere on property.

I specifically asked this question also and was told that there were not any plans to do this time. Feeling optimistic, I asked if we could interpret his answer to mean that it was being considered for future plans, to the same response.

At this point, it would likely only get a conspicuous nod to it's history, as disney is so famous for doing (i.e. Mr. Toad in the cemetery at the HM)

Thanks for the heads up rebecca. As sad as that sounds, it's something many have heard before and hearing it at the Club's last few days only adds a few more nails to the coffin. I can only hope the folks who made the ultimate decisions will end up elsewhere in Disney where they can't adversely affect guest enjoyment (or out of the Company) in due time. Disney powers that be need to let others with more of a creative talent and mind for spending wisely to bring the AdvClub back, or come up with something equally as enjoyable (shopping for the same old crud and eating are not what I call fun...I call that a shopping mall and not creative).

I would like to add that while the Toad statue at our HM cemetary is cute, I also see it as a slap in the face to the ride. I enjoyed it a heckuva lot more than the couple of times I've road Pooh, and wish Pooh had either an attraction built from scratch, or had never taken over Toad's area to begin with.

I enjoyed the DL version a few weeks back. Very much. I'm glad DLR's powers that be kept Toad. :)

hack2112

Wouldn't it be cool if they put a place titled "Club 626" in the magic kingdom and themed it somewhat similar to the advclub? It could take the place of the Tiki Room!! :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Have a great time to those of you going to Congaloosh 2nite!
I have a feeling with that name it'll be The Adventurers Club Under New Management, Starring Stitch.

Disney_Freak429

I want to thank Jennifer from the staff coming in behind us to clear things up on their end. (& also the e-mail we all received that followed) As was said everything but a few small items are still there. I do believe tonight it will depend in part of how well behaved we are (I know this isn't a problem for us true adventurers) & if its the same suits as last night will depend how loose they are on the video policy. As you can tell from my av things got quite loose at the end of the evening & some rare chances were made as for the most part we were let loose in the library to snap away so I would hope for the same tonight. To those coming just bring everything you would have (or did if you were there) on the last night to capture the moment for those not able to make it. Let's not bring our 5 ft. tripods or anything lol but you get the idea. No matter what happens I look forward to meeting you all who will be there in just a few hrs. time & lets be ready for a hooplah HOOPLAH!! of a time.:D:sohappy:

Thank yah! We wouldn't have done it if it weren't for the fans, and the great CM's of the AdvClub.

This evening we'll be twittering from the "Cloob", so if interested head to ConGaloosh on twitter. Might even be some pics. :D

Disney_Freak429

Thank yah! We wouldn't have done it if it weren't for the fans, and the great CM's of the AdvClub.

This evening we'll be twittering from the "Cloob", so if interested head to ConGaloosh on twitter. Might even be some pics. :D

I look forward to thanking you all many times over today & tomorrow in person for all your hard work. I will also be tweeting a bit (see signature) tonight but reception is iffy in the club so expect most of the pics when I return. I am using the setting as you see in my av for the pics I feel it captures the time & feeling of the club perfectly & hope you agree.

NMBC1993

I just wanted to tell all my fellow Adventurers going to the club tonight to have a good time. I'm planning on getting together with some friends and making some homemade Kongaloosh drinks. If we get the chance we'll be heading down to PI to stand outside and catch some AC vibe for us who couldn't afford to spend a final night at the greatest club on earth (curse you rent payment!!!)... anyway, Kongaloosh to all:wave:

CaptainMichael

Tonight was perfect in a million ways. Best Rhythm Ritual (one of the best moments of the night as far as surprises), Radiothon, and Hoopla (HOOPLA) ever!

Pulling up to Pleasure Island with a night of the Adventurers Club ahead of me was very surreal. I felt like I had gone back in time. I'll never feel that feeling again, and that makes me sad...but what a way to go out.

SoccerMickey

Tonight was perfect in a million ways. Best Rhythm Ritual (one of the best moments of the night as far as surprises), Radiothon, and Hoopla (HOOPLA) ever!

Pulling up to Pleasure Island with a night of the Adventurers Club ahead of me was very surreal. I felt like I had gone back in time. I'll never feel that feeling again, and that makes me sad...but what a way to go out.

Surreal is the best way to describe that feeling! I couldn't believe I was in there all night plus listening to Fingers play and the props and songs from the Radiothon and the opening and hearing the "party party party" from the masks last night really brought me back in time.

It hasn't felt like it's been a year since we've experienced this but it definitely felt like it was too long and waking up this morning toyed with me thinking that I can go back tonight or tomorrow night but sadly I know I can't.

The cast definitely brought their A-game last night but for the fan's sake I hope the Q&A tonight doesn't have any comments like the ones Samantha was made at the Hoopla last night about how she doesn't "miss the job" but misses the people and telling the fans to "let it go." I think if Otis would have said it it would have at least been in character. I found the Hong Kong comment made by the Colonel to be hilarious though! All in all GREAT night! Thanks to the Congaloosh team for making it happen! You're all class acts!

Disney_Freak429

I wanted to touch on "Samantha's" comment a bit more. I do understand why she said this & it made sense to me. It was really saying don't look at the future & say oh it might reopen ect. The point was not to get high hopes over crazy rumors & to just let the memories of that night & the past to live on because yes its going to stay closed. The "don't miss the job miss the people" can be taken many ways. I am sure it was ment as we all believe to is that WE the adventurers made that job for them as special as it was. It was not simply saying there are other jobs we now have. She was saying that this was speical because of all of us. It helped me personally to have closer on the club in the fact it is closed but the adventure will live on inside all of us. So let us not linger on false hopes & just celebrate the spirit of adventure that lives inside each & everyone of us & the memories we have of the times we did spend in the club.

EPCOT Explorer

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Glad you had fun....Can't wait for more deets. :D

Disney_Freak429

Trust me Explorer with all the pictures we took (& even some video) you will get a lot of details in the next few days. I will let everyone know here once I have my pics ect. up I have to get ready to go for tonight's q&a (& some EPCOT Center before that) but before I go if you would like to see a cast pic from last night (including the man behind fingers taking one more bow) check out the background of my Twitter page :) (just right click than "view background image" to get a better look)

daguru

Yeah, last night was probably the second best night I have ever had at the AdvClub (the best being the first night ever and the Hoopla simply amazing that night!).

It is sad to see the place go... but like they said last night, it lives on us fellow Adventurers!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom