Save the Adventurers Club

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Can you elaborate at all on this at all? From what I have seen so far they are being awfully tight lipped regarding exactly what and where all the new tenants will be.
That's because there really aren't many (if any at all) confirmed tenants.

This whole thing will hinge upon the continued recovery of the economy.

They really can't build too much to suit tenants that aren't on board yet.

Genie of the Lamp

You would think that just one of those reporters would have asked Staggs, "Is the Adventurers Club coming back?" and he would have had to answer it once and for all.

A question was brought up on the Parks Blog about 21+ nightlife for Disney Springs and Staggs said: "Yes, Disney Springs will include some new nighttime entertainment geared toward adults. Stay tuned for more details on this in the future". But yeah, the reporters weren't too great but at least they asked him questions that weren't on the level of the shareholders meeting like about the tenants and I-4 plans. Long live the Adventurers Club!

Edit: Speaking of which, I posted 2 questions on the Parks Blog on this subject waiting for moderation. Will see what happens.

Lee

Adventurer
Can you elaborate at all on this at all? From what I have seen so far they are being awfully tight lipped regarding exactly what and where all the new tenants will be.
I've mentioned it elsewhere. The building, as seen here, will be greatly changed, and the listing for it refers to it as a 'Lounge/Cafeteria Concept".
image.jpg

PhotoDave219

You would think that just one of those reporters would have asked Staggs, "Is the Adventurers Club coming back?" and he would have had to answer it once and for all.

Staggs would have no idea what the reporter was talking about.

And any reporter worth a damn would never have asked it. There are bigger picture things worth asking: Avatar, DHS refurbushment, attendance levels, lobbying efforts in regards to OC county government, etc.

Grumpy36

The picture Lee posted, isn't that a train running into the building? Reminds me of the plane that was crashed outside the club. I could see them bringing this back. Maybe not exactly like before, but they could do a Lounge/Cafeteria with a cross between the old AC and Whispering Canyon Cafe. I could see the servers being characters like the old club, and random skits happening through the day/night. It wouldn't be the AC, but it would be close enough if they do it right.

Did Knee

Still, the train thing is intriguing. Seems like very specific theming, and Disney likes backstory with their theming. I can't help but wonder what the thinking is on that one.

71jason

The Adventurers Club is like the LIghts of Winter. The fans will always remember it, but as time goes on, it has no focus anymore at Disney. They are not even remotely interested in Adventurers Club - it is a distant memory now.

Unless you're willing to pony up money for a special event. ;) But largely I agree. Honestly, it wasn't that much of a focus when it was open--there were far more popular/profitable venues on PI. As I mentioned in another thread, "Save the Adventurers Club" seems to be a rallying cry/meme for a general return to higher standards at WDW popular even among those who went once or twice or who never even set foot inside.

wdw71fan

Dude. We get it. You hate the Ad Club, you love to come here and state "it's dead". Enough already.

Don't hate the AC... Love it actually.. I hate misinformation, that's all.. And that's all there has been for the past 5 years (from AC fans AND Disney, to be fair)..

Lets put the swords away, and realize that space used is better than space shuttered and wasted.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Don't hate the AC... Love it actually.. I hate misinformation, that's all.. And that's all there has been for the past 5 years (from AC fans AND Disney, to be fair)..

Lets put the swords away, and realize that space used is better than space shuttered and wasted.

This is a thread about hope. Most people know it is gone for good. But it's fun to hold on to that slight chance it could return. No reason to poop on that. Just let it be.

There are lots of other places on this forum where we can have logical, rational discussions on what is happening (or not happening) at DTD. This thread is not for that.

Kungaloosh.

Did Knee

Honestly, it wasn't that much of a focus when it was open--there were far more popular/profitable venues on PI.

The point AC fans make on this subject is that it was a great idea as show and well done in that regard. But it was never promoted, and never "profit maximized". It needed an AC themed restaurant added to it and a large quirky gift shop. That and a decent advertising campaign and it would have been the most popular destination by far in Pleasure Island.

wdw71fan

The point AC fans make on this subject is that it was a great idea as show and well done in that regard. But it was never promoted, and never "profit maximized". It needed an AC themed restaurant added to it and a large quirky gift shop. That and a decent advertising campaign and it would have been the most popular destination by far in Pleasure Island.

That's all opinion... The facts are that it wasn't profitable.. Which IS sad, because I agree with you.. It wasn't marketed well, and that's likely the reason..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom