Save the Adventurers Club

PhotoDave219

You'd be surprised the number of regulars who dropped decent chunks of change in there--and many were good at bringing new people (say, out of town guests) into the Club.. I don't know that this was an issue until the Club became the CP hang-out. Honestly, the number of "regulars" on any given night wasn't that huge until they announced the closing anyway--as anyone who was ever in there on a slow Sunday in the off-season can tell you.

It was when I was there.... and that was a good 18 months before the place closed. All the girls drooling over Karl... all the boys drooling over Hathaway.....

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Kungaloosh Adventurers,

I now present to you one of the most secret, and often overlooked Club tradition that occurred only at Midnight of Christmas Eve 1937, the annual Adventurers retelling of "T'was the Night Before Christmas". For full effect, press play at the stroke of midnight tonight, accompanied by your favorite Yuletide beverage: eggnog, wassail, Yakoose Mousse, or a Kungaloosh.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Merry Christmas to you! As a gift I give to you The Adventurers Club Holiday Broadcast! Here hoping that by Dec. 25th, 2013 we will be watching it live once again in our beloved Club's Library!

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Not many people know but Allan Sherman was counted among the roll call of Merriweather Pleasure's Adventurers Club. It must be there where he first heard this little ditty, sung so angelically (or influenced by his gin and tonic, hold the tonic add more gin and add a chaser of gin, from the mouth of Club Gleemiester, Col. Critchlow Suchbench.

Happy New Year Adventurers! Hopefully in 2013 we will once again be transported back to 1937 and enjoy the sights, sounds and excitement of Pleasure Island and the legendary Adventurers Club! Carpe P.M. and Kungaloosh!

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Kungaloosh Adventurers,

As King Bob of the Save Pleasure Island Blogspot states, "There Is Finally Hope On The Island"!
http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2013/01/pi-update-there-is-finally-hope-on.html. Starting Feb. 1st, WDW President, Meg Crofton is being replaced by Disneyland President George Kalogridis and Senior Vice President of Downtown Disney & Disney Sports, Ken Potrock being replaced by Disney Cruise Lines, Tom Wolber. These two seem to not have forgotten that Disney is supposed to be for all ages and not just children are being put in positions that could spell the rebirth of our favorite night time destination! It is time that a new letter writing campaign begin to bring to the attention of the men who brought Disneyland ElecTRONica and Mad T Party, and the Disney Cruise Line nightclubs, that Adventure keeps calling our names!

Having relistened to "MouseStation Episode 249"'s interview with certain actors from the Adventurers Club http://www.podfeed.net/episode/Mous...ws+with+Adventurers+Club+cast+members/1415441 the night before closing, what they mentioned around 6:30 was absolutly true, "Don't stop trying!" Send personal hand-written letters that tell how long you've visited the Adventures Club, what kept you coming back, personal experiences and what Disney principals it upheld. Keep sending them well past the closing to let the executives know that there is still a need for this unique experience. And keep them professional.

Also, once again I present to you the '90s Pleasure Island Survey. I would include a filled out copy of this along with a hand-written letter for extra emphasis!

PleasuerIslandSurvey-YouveGotAPoint.jpg
The time is once again upon us to act adventurers! Let us help these two executives start their new roles with a winning decision to re-open the Adventurers Club and Pleasure Island!​
George Kalogridis
President
The Walt Disney World Resort
700 West Ball Road
Floor 4
Anaheim, CA 92802​

Tom Wolber
Senior Vice President
Disney Sports Enterprises and Downtown Disney
210 Celebration Place
Floor 4
Celebration, FL 34747​

Polydweller

Not sure I see where the hope is. He reports to Meg who makes the final decisions and he can't do things she doesn't want. She's still head of Disney Parks US and France. Not much change in direction that I can see.

Mouse Detective

Not sure I see where the hope is. He reports to Meg who makes the final decisions and he can't do things she doesn't want. She's still head of Disney Parks US and France.

Meg apparently isn't going to be around that much longer. But you gotta think that the person selected to run DTD was chosen because of his success at DCL and that the person he replaced was removed because of the lack of success at DTD. (Mainly that gaping hole right in the middle of it for four years now.)

As King Bob of the Save Pleasure Island Blogspot states, "There Is Finally Hope On The Island"!
http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2013/01/pi-update-there-is-finally-hope-on.html.

Your link above wasn't linking. Try this one:
http://www.savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2013/01/pi-update-there-is-finally-hope-on.html

Polydweller

Meg apparently isn't going to be around that much longer. But you gotta think that the person selected to run DTD was chosen because of his success at DCL and that the person he replaced was removed because of the lack of success at DTD. (Mainly that gaping hole right in the middle of it for four years now.)
Well, Meg going would be helpful but have to see if that really happens. The big problem I see is that new executives want to come in and 'prove themselves' by coming in with some new, great, 'innovative' idea not bring back someone else's idea. AC is someone else's idea not the new guy's. The new guy will be motivated to say that they are an idea generator who can create the next great thing.

Yeah, I know I'm pessimistic but the history of Disney executive hires over the last number of year's doesn't give me real optimistic feelings. Hopefully I'm wrong.

PhotoDave219

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2013/01/pi-update-there-is-finally-hope-on.html. Starting Feb. 1st, WDW President, Meg Crofton is being replaced by Disneyland President George Kalogridis and Senior Vice President of Downtown Disney & Disney Sports, Ken Potrock being replaced by Disney Cruise Lines, Tom Wolber. These two seem to not have forgotten that Disney is supposed to be for all ages and not just children are being put in positions that could spell the rebirth of our favorite night time destination! It is time that a new letter writing campaign begin to bring to the attention of the men who brought Disneyland ElecTRONica and Mad T Party, and the Disney Cruise Line nightclubs, that Adventure keeps calling our names!

Having relistened to "MouseStation Episode 249"'s interview with certain actors from the Adventurers Club http://www.podfeed.net/episode/MouseStation Episode 249 Bonus Audio - October 3 2008 - Interviews with Adventurers Club cast members/1415441 the night before closing, what they mentioned around 6:30 was absolutly true, "Don't stop trying!" Send personal hand-written letters that tell how long you've visited the Adventures Club, what kept you coming back, personal experiences and what Disney principals it upheld. Keep sending them well past the closing to let the executives know that there is still a need for this unique experience. And keep them professional.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

I have found my weekly or other other week haunts both on and off property.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Disney Parks Blog has just announced that "Long-Lost Disney Friends Return for ‘Limited Time Magic’ at Walt Disney World Resort" and ask "So, which long-lost Disney character would you like to see the most? Let us know in the “Comments.” I believe that we all should pop in and let them know that we want Adventurers Club Aviator, Hathaway Browne, Adventurers Club Ichthyologist, Otis T. Wren, Adventurers Club Jungle Exploress, Samantha Sterling, Adventurers Club President Pamelia Perkins, Jr. Adventurer of 1937, Emil Bleehall, Adventurers Club Butler Graves, Adventurers Club Curator Fletcher Hodges and a bevy of Adventurers Club Frech Maids! Lets hope that this limited engagement could become a permanent fixture at 5189 Hill St. Pleasure Island!

Patricia Melton

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Disney Parks Blog has just announced that "Long-Lost Disney Friends Return for ‘Limited Time Magic’ at Walt Disney World Resort" and ask "So, which long-lost Disney character would you like to see the most? Let us know in the “Comments.” I believe that we all should pop in and let them know that we want Adventurers Club Aviator, Hathaway Browne, Adventurers Club Ichthyologist, Otis T. Wren, Adventurers Club Jungle Exploress, Samantha Sterling, Adventurers Club President Pamelia Perkins, Jr. Adventurer of 1937, Emil Bleehall, Adventurers Club Butler Graves, Adventurers Club Curator Fletcher Hodges and a bevy of Adventurers Club Frech Maids! Lets hope that this limited engagement could become a permanent fixture at 5189 Hill St. Pleasure Island!

I am asking all of my friends to vote in this. Thank you for telling us about it!

Kungaloosh!

71jason

Really interesting Al Lutz article this week, but I wanted to touch on an bit buried in the middle...

http://micechat.com/21154-hello/

So the Limited Time Magic version of the Golden Horseshoe has been getting dozens of complaints. Helicoptor moms ignorant of Disneyland's history wandering in and being shocked and appalled that their special snowflake had to see can-can dancers and borderline racy humor!

Snark aside, can we take this as an indication, once and for all, the AdvClub concept would NEVER work inside a theme park? If a flash of garter gets the moms riled up (BTW, Al, slightly different from a "garter belt" or maybe the moms actually have a point!), "At least they were using condiments" or "They whip them out and see who has the biggest yam" would get the show shut down the day it opened.

Did Knee

Helicopter moms ignorant of Disneyland's history wandering in and being shocked and appalled that their special snowflake had to see can-can dancers and borderline racy humor!

I think this is sort of a description of what happened to the Adv Club once the PI gates were opened. People didn't seem to get that these were bars. Unless you are a very socially liberal person, you might find tipsy patrons and blue humor not a thing you want your kids to see. And as for those that really like that kind of entertainment, I think most are uncomfortable enjoying a blue joke and a libation with someone else's 7 year old at their elbow. That is why I have come to believe that the Adv Club can't work in a park, and needs to be in an area that is exclusively for adult entertainment.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Posted by handsom club aviator, Hathaway Browne on the "Save the Adventurers Club" Facebook page:

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

I see that we are all understandably concerned with the rumors of Pleasure Island transformation into "The Landing". So at this point, I would like to repost a few very important addresses to voice your concerns to:

Mr. Robert Iger
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Thomas O. Staggs
Chairman Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
Team Disney Building
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank CA 91521-4873

Meg Crofton
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations, U.S. & France
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

George Kalogridis
President
700 West Ball Road
Floor 4
Anaheim, CA 92802

Tom Wolber
Senior Vice President
Disney Sports Enterprises and Downtown Disney
210 Celebration Place
Floor 4
Celebration, FL 34747

It is never too late adventueres. Now is the time to let these individuals know how you feel, before any official release (if one is coming) is issued!

Kungaloosh,
Hathaway Browne

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom