Save the Adventurers Club

VoiceGuy07

All I can say is that I love it when folks are positive, hopeful, determined and focused on the dream instead of the negative and hateful comments that have nothing to contribute but divisiveness and mean spiritedness. Let dreams and hope live a large and wonderful life!!

TiggersPooh

I havent read nearly any of this forum but there are props on the backlot tour now from AC. The airplane is one of them. If its old news sorry...dont get on the oh so thrilling backlot tour often.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I havent read nearly any of this forum but there are props on the backlot tour now from AC. The airplane is one of them. If its old news sorry...dont get on the oh so thrilling backlot tour often.

I don't know what is sadder, that there are the props from AK on the BLT or the fact that Disney considers the BLT a worthy place for props from an attraction.

The Mom

Premium Member
Just a reminder - do not reply to spam, please! I almost accidentally banned three of you while banning the spammer. :eek:

WDWFigment

Went out to Trader Sam's at Disneyland a couple of nights last weekend, and it was like catching up with a long lost friend. It's not the AC, to be sure, but it has the same "spirit" and was a great place to hang out. Any AC fans would be well-advised to visit.

Jerm

Went out to Trader Sam's at Disneyland a couple of nights last weekend, and it was like catching up with a long lost friend. It's not the AC, to be sure, but it has the same "spirit" and was a great place to hang out. Any AC fans would be well-advised to visit.

I try and make a point of going out once a week to TS. It will never be the Club but it can be very fun!

Mouse Detective

I try and make a point of going out once a week to TS. It will never be the Club but it can be very fun!

What do they do that makes it similar to Adventurers Club? I realize they have similar decor but to they do fun stuff too that is in the spirit of AC?

Jerm

What do they do that makes it similar to Adventurers Club? I realize they have similar decor but to they do fun stuff too that is in the spirit of AC?

Before DTD was done there was a plan for a AC type club, but the big problem with DL is it's AP holders. The Club in FL had a small group of barfly's and most were pretty well mannered, here in Ca if a light is out on an attraction it turns into a huge thing and it is heard everywhere. Thankfully the plan never made it off the drawing boards here because it would have turned into an AP club that no one new would feel welcome in. (I am a AP holder at DL and have been one for a long time...they can be very rude)

Master Gracey

Original Poster

Well for starters, Pamelia sent Sam a crate of Club Artifacts (replicas, because the real ones are still in Florida somewhere).

6032230089_bd805f010f.jpg

There are photos and letters from the Adventurers:

There is also a "Wicked Wench in a Bottle" that sinks when one orders the "Shipwreck Cocktail"

And to top it all off, Kungaloosh is a well used word!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!​

Master Gracey

Original Poster
there is a report that the fascade is now down...

Just heard back from Right Guard and other than lights haveing been fixed going down the stairs on the side of the building next to Paradiso 37, nothing new has been done to the building. Flase alarm.

KUNGALOOSH!​

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Looks like a new mailing campaign is in the works over at the "Save the Adventurers Club" Facebook group. Check this out:

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

So this past weekend as I was unpacking my adventurous Christmas decorations, I was listening to the MousePlanet Podcast from Thursday, October 2, 2008 “Kungaloosh! A Tribute to the Adventurers Club (with Bonus Audio track: An interview with Karl Anthony, Tim Goodwin and Andrea Canny!)”. (For those who wish to listen to this podcast please go here http://www.mouseplanet.com/8545/Kungaloosh_A_Tribute_to_the_Adventurers_Club_with_Bonus_Audio_track). As the Podcast reached the point where Karl begins to talk about how the best course of action to get our Club back is to not give up and that the Executives need to be receiving handwritten letters weeks, months and even years after the closing to let them know how much the Club is missed, I came upon a long forgotten piece of Pleasure Island history. Ladies and Gentleman, I found a Pleasure Island Guest Survey from the early ‘90s!

Almost immediately a vision of the top Disney brass receiving hundreds, if not thousands of vintage Pleasure Island surveys popped into my head and I rushed to my scanner to begin working on a clean and easy to print out document to share with the Save the Adventurers Club and Save Pleasure Island communities to once again let Disney know what we truly want on the shores of Lake Buena Vista!

PleasuerIslandSurvey-YouveGotAPoint.jpg
(Please download the cleaned up PDF at http://www.mediafire.com/?9vb2vy0zsk6w9kz)​

Please Adventurers, take a few minutes to apply this latest tool that Disney so kindly (and inadvertently) provided to us! For a more authentic feel, you may want to print on cardstock, but normal paper is fine as well. Also, if you find that you have run out of room in the comment section, feel free to continue on a seperate sheet of paper. While I am open to suggestions as to whom should be recieving these my suggestions are a core group of five:

Mr. Robert Iger
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Thomas O. Staggs
Chairman
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
C/O Team Disney Building
500 South Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA 91521

John Lasseter
Chief Creative Officer
Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios
Pixar Animation Studios
1200 Park Avenue
Emeryville, CA 94608

Meg Crofton
President
President of Operations- US & France
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Keith Bradford
VP Downtown Disney
Walt Disney World Company
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

I'm sure that why most of these names are on this list are self explanitory, but you may ask why John Lasseter. Well, 1. He was a jungle Cruise Skipper, so the man has a sense of humor and 2. He was reported to have been a huge Adventurers Club fan, and rumored to have offered to buy it from Disney to keep it open, but Disney refused, so he is at least one person that should be on our side. Well Adventurers, there is the new campaign I propose. We haven’t had a swell of mail filling the Disney executive boxes for about a year so now is the time to act again. The battle for Pleasure Island is far lost and may a handout from the past redirect it’s future!

So it looks like at one time there actually were surveys about the Island, and I'm sure these yielded an acurate assesment of how the public enjoyed Pleasure Island as opposed to the numbers that Disney made up saying that we wanted shopping and dining. Well, I know I'll be sending in this more accurate survey, how about you?

KUNGALOOSH!​

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Looks like a new mailing campaign is in the works over at the "Save the Adventurers Club" Facebook group. Check this out:

So it looks like at one time there actually were surveys about the Island, and I'm sure these yielded an acurate assesment of how the public enjoyed Pleasure Island as opposed to the numbers that Disney made up saying that we wanted shopping and dining. Well, I know I'll be sending in this more accurate survey, how about you?

KUNGALOOSH!​

Not me. Not sure I want to have to answer questions about why I infringed on no telling how many copyright laws.

Buried20KLeague

Not me. Not sure I want to have to answer questions about why I infringed on no telling how many copyright laws.

:ROFLOL:

I seriously hope you're kidding.

You're suggesting an extreme top level executive with The Walt Disney Corp would receive guest mail, and the first thing they would think was something about copyright laws, and then proceed to threaten to pursue action on it????

:ROFLOL:

Then mail it with no return address from a generic mail drop location. Geez.

Unless you're worried they may check the paper for fingerprints. They do have your prints from the biometric scanners at the parks, right? :lol:

I think you're kidding. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom