Save the Adventurers Club

Did Knee

Whatever this guy said, he is just an entertainer, paid help that performs and is not management. This is akin to asking a bus driver about rumors. The only thing a bus driver can tell you for a fact are changes to the routes. I would say the same is true for this source. Like the bus driver, he can only guess why the change is made. In this case he knows of no plan for the club to re-open and that is what his knowledge is. To me the question is WHY DOES TDO MANAGEMENT WANT TO SEE THIS PERFORMED? As I have said in previous posts, this adds to the drip, drip, drip of things giving hope to us AC fanbois...it fuels the flames. If they just needed entertainment, why not see a performance of some idea that is new, not something that at least some of them have most certainly seen before? I have trouble thinking they would spend the time and money to do this just for nostalgia. There is becoming a bit too much smoke in my opinion to be sure there is no fire.

wdw71fan

I could tell you first hand what is going on at A Idol at the moment, but it has NOTHING to do with the AC aside from them using filler from the show for a test forum in the Idol theater..

Best I can say is... Idol was built too far into the life cycle of the show to have longevity.. Another show has come around that is very early in it's run *(at least in the US), that has 'variety'... They wanted variety entertainment for the demo..

Thats it.. Draw your own conclusions.... All I can say is that idol may be reaching a point where it's not viable to produce the show anymore.

njDizFan

I could tell you first hand what is going on at A Idol at the moment, but it has NOTHING to do with the AC aside from them using filler from the show for a test forum in the Idol theater..

Best I can say is... Idol was built too far into the life cycle of the show to have longevity.. Another show has come around that is very early in it's run *(at least in the US), that has 'variety'... They wanted variety entertainment for the demo..

Thats it.. Draw your own conclusions.... All I can say is that idol may be reaching a point where it's not viable to produce the show anymore.
So Ai is going to be rehauled as X Factor?

Did Knee

I still stand by my "drip, drip, drip" statement. They have access to a plethora of material they could use for this sort of purpose. They have to be aware of the fact that doing stuff like this gets the AC fan base riled up and hoping. If they didn't want that to happen, they are smart enough to have put the cabosh on using AC related materials until the buzz died down. Instead, It sort of looks like they are intentionally creating a buzz. I hate conspiracy theories by the way. Kennedy was killed by a lone gunman, UFO's are all explainable, etc. But here...something just doesn't pass the smell test anymore.

wdw71fan

Perhaps TDO is equally irritated with the AC fanbois and enjoys twisting the knife at any opportunity....

Just Perhaps, little ole me wouldn't know;)

IlikeDW

Star Search :drevil:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Admittedly, if someone at Disney poots AC, we go ape. BUT, Disney has done a poor job of fishing or cutting bait.

Can you show me any official response from Disney that indicates they are considering reopening the club in its original form? Everything I have seen from Disney politely says "no". I may be missing something but I think Disney has cut all the bait they need to. :shrug:

Jerm

on the topic of the CLub but not at the club, visited Trader Sam's last night and found that not only is Slappy Clause visiting, but there are stockings for him, Hathaway, Graves, Otis and Pamela hung with care! I will get some pictures and post them soon.

ob1thx1138

I really feel that the news of rehearsals is about as much an indication of the club reopening as dream finders appearance at D23 was an indication of the original imagination coming back. The Disney insiders probably get a kick out of seeing the discontinued stuff just as much as the fans. And that is what I am chalking this up to. I would love for the club to return, but I am just not seeing it happen.

71jason

Perhaps TDO is equally irritated with the AC fanbois and enjoys twisting the knife at any opportunity....

Just Perhaps, little ole me wouldn't know;)

As I recall, I put forward this same theory when the Jungle Juice bar was rechristened the Adventurers Hut (or whatever it is). It seems the most logical conclusion.

71jason

For what it's worth, rumor on ______ (the day after the private Disney brass show) says Comedy Warehouse alumni will be performing "family-friendly" CW skits in Sounds Dangerous 12/25 - 1/2. Sounds like someone made an impression...mire of a long shot, but can only hope AdvClub skits pop up somewhere as well.

Can you show me any official response from Disney that indicates they are considering reopening the club in its original form? Everything I have seen from Disney politely says "no". I may be missing something but I think Disney has cut all the bait they need to. :shrug:
never claimed to be able to so do ..

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
For what it's worth, rumor on ______ (the day after the private Disney brass show) says Comedy Warehouse alumni will be performing "family-friendly" CW skits in Sounds Dangerous 12/25 - 1/2. Sounds like someone made an impression...mire of a long shot, but can only hope AdvClub skits pop up somewhere as well.

Yeah, I just read that on Orlando United. Interesting news to say the least.

71jason

The entire PI complex was underperforming!!!

How much pixie dust have you guys inhaled?

Was drinking with a former PI bartender last night when another guest randomly brought up the closing of the clubs (not that unusual, still happens around property quite a bit). In the ensuing discussion, the bartender mentioned that 8-Traxx (where she spent much of her career) had higher bar sales per square foot than any other bar in the country. For the 784th time, the idea that PI was losing money is just incorrect.

maxairmike

Was drinking with a former PI bartender last night when another guest randomly brought up the closing of the clubs (not that unusual, still happens around property quite a bit). In the ensuing discussion, the bartender mentioned that 8-Traxx (where she spent much of her career) had higher bar sales per square foot than any other bar in the country. For the 784th time, the idea that PI was losing money is just incorrect.

Yeah, but what were their costs? Were revenues being shared among the Island? The gross sales is a very small part of the business equation. What were their labor costs, facility fees, etc.? It isn't really uncommon to have lots of sales and still not be profitable (or profitable enough).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom