Save the Adventurers Club

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Here it is folks, Disney Parks Blog has announced that Hyperion Wharf has been put on hold and now is the time to strike again! http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/07/downtown-disney-update/ Please, please, please flood the Blog's comment section with our need for the immediate return of the Adventurers Club. Also as reported on the Save Pleasure Island Blog http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2011/07/pi-update-does-new-dvc-president-help.html, the new shakeup of Disney upper management has placed Karl Holz (President of the Disney Cruise Line and former Vice President of Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island) in charge of The Disney Vacation Club! Since he brought a grand nightclub scene to his ships, he most certainly can do the same for his old stomping grounds. Please drop him a line at:

Karl L Holz
President
Disney Cruise Line and New Vacation Ops
200 Celebration Pl
Kissimmee, FL 34747

karl.holz@disney.com

We can, as will win this battle Adventurers! One of my sources has told me that our likelyhood of success has greatly increased since the first few months of Disneyland's Trader Sam's Bar has been a massive success, even though they can seat only 60 people. Good thing our Club can fit 300! (I know, I was there when we tried!) Keep the spirit alive Adventureres and continue to dress for the hunt!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!​

sakraft1

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Here it is folks, Disney Parks Blog has announced that Hyperion Wharf has been put on hold and now is the time to strike again! http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/07/downtown-disney-update/

...KUNGALOOSH!

Here is my comment on the blog post:
Great, this is the perfect opportunity for you to bring back The Adventurers Club! My wife and I made a special trip to WDW when we heard the club was closing. And that trip was just weeks after our honeymoon in Hawaii! In 2008 we got married (on Castaway Cay!), went to Hawaii, made a special trip to the Adventurers Club, bought a house and bought our Disney Vacation Club membership. Wow, it seems like a crazy year when I write it all down like that. We’ll be WDW on September 18th, do you think you can have it reopened by then? If you can I will wear my special party hat (the pith helmet I bought when I heard the club was closing) in your honor. Kungaloosh!

sakraft1

Here is my comment on the blog post:
Great, this is the perfect opportunity for you to bring back The Adventurers Club! My wife and I made a special trip to WDW when we heard the club was closing. And that trip was just weeks after our honeymoon in Hawaii! In 2008 we got married (on Castaway Cay!), went to Hawaii, made a special trip to the Adventurers Club, bought a house and bought our Disney Vacation Club membership. Wow, it seems like a crazy year when I write it all down like that. We’ll be WDW on September 18th, do you think you can have it reopened by then? If you can I will wear my special party hat (the pith helmet I bought when I heard the club was closing) in your honor. Kungaloosh!

It seems like they didn't post my comment after moderation. I didn't think I put anything offensive or inflammatory in it, weird.

sakraft1

It seemed like they weren't letting new comments in at first. Then it seemed like they were deleting comments. Then it seemed like they were allowing more comments. I got a 1 word comment through moderation: Kungaloosh!

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Kungaloosh Adventurers,

We are fast approaching Sept. 30, the beginning of the annual Adventurers Club Convention, the ConGaloosh! For the past two years, we adventurers have met at Walt Disney World for a weekend of exploring, bar hopping, singing and balderdashing. In general, it is one great big Hoopla! Unfortunately, this year Disney is not releasing the Club Characters to perform a show, but that will not keep true adventurers down! It is more important than ever that this year’s convention is well attended to send a message to Disney that we still want our Club returned. With Adventurers Club references springing up all over the world, i.e. Trader Sam’s at Disneyland, Aunty's Beach House in Aulani, The Adventurers Club Restaurant at Hong Kong Disneyland and the rumored connection between the Club and Tokyo Disney S.E.A., something has to give soon to return the homebase of adventure to Walt Disney World!

In addition, after great consideration, the powers in charge of the Congaloosh have made this years gathering FREE! There is still a great lineup of events and adventurers, including a rumored Adventureland Challenge lead by the infamous “Right Guard” Ian himself! So please follow this link to check out the even and sign up to attend Congaloosh 2011!

http://www.congaloosh.org/home/
2011-banner.jpg

KUNGALOOSH!​

sakraft1

In addition, after great consideration, the powers in charge of the Congaloosh have made this years gathering FREE!

:brick:

WHAT!?!?!?!?

I really wish this information had been available months ago. We have already planned our WDW vacation for this year (DVC members must use or bank their points by a certain time). Plane tickets are paid for and everything. For the week before Congaloosh no less. Ugh.

So, having complained about something free :lol: let me say; That's great! Is there a mysterious donor(s) that stepped in? I know a lot of hard work and financial (and other) resources must be involved in this operation.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
:brick:

WHAT!?!?!?!?

I really wish this information had been available months ago. We have already planned our WDW vacation for this year (DVC members must use or bank their points by a certain time). Plane tickets are paid for and everything. For the week before Congaloosh no less. Ugh.

So, having complained about something free :lol: let me say; That's great! Is there a mysterious donor(s) that stepped in? I know a lot of hard work and financial (and other) resources must be involved in this operation.

I'm sorry about that. I don't know how the decision came about, but it was made earlier this week.

KUNGALOOSH!​

a2grafix

Awesome news, but as luck would have it, I will be on holiday at WDW and other parts in Central Florida a few days after Congaloosh. Best of luck with the third anniversary event.

Theme Parkitect

If it's any help. I think they're opening an Adventurer's Club in Mystic Point at Hong Kong Disneyland... Just have to fly all the way there and listen to it in Mandarin. :ROFLOL:

scpergj

is not the point the same ??

yup....that was just my sick sense of humor - well, that, and cold medicine.

I thought it was hillarious at the time....not quite as much now.

Oh - think about it...if they build a new club in at the new China Disney park...wouldn't the performers already be speaking Mandarin? In that case, the show could end up as a drop in back here!!! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom