Save the Adventurers Club

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Just wanted to pop in here and say that, I honestly don't think the Club will ever reopen in it's old form.

However...there is something in development that would enable at least the spirit of the Club to live on elsewhere on property.
I don't have much detail...but it seems to be a legit concept that is actively being worked on.

More to come...

Getting our hopes up!

We're going next week and will sorely miss our nights at the AC. Maybe I'll wear my "I Survived the Adventurer's Club" pin...

And as to Kucarachi's comment: "It was low class, overpriced and i can bet it didnt help sell any DVC points to anyone." Somebody should take him up on that bet. My wife and I definitely figured AC into the equation when buying our DVC. I only hope that by the time our DD7 is coming of age, there will be an AC for her to enjoy.

NoChesterHester

Just wanted to pop in here and say that, I honestly don't think the Club will ever reopen in it's old form.

However...there is something in development that would enable at least the spirit of the Club to live on elsewhere on property.
I don't have much detail...but it seems to be a legit concept that is actively being worked on.

More to come...

Booyah!!!

If I had to guess, the Adventureland Veranda refurb we keep hearing rumblings about. My issue with that is no alcohol (part of the fun) and limited hours and access due to being inside the park.

I would love to see a similar concept in AK, but accessible from outside the park (ala Rainforest).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

More to come...
Best news I have heard all year.

Did Knee

More to come...

I hope it is somewhere where I can relax in the evening with a libation and enjoy the weirdness. Can you confirm whether this new version of the concept will allow me to do that Lee?

Lee

Adventurer
I hope it is somewhere where I can relax in the evening with a libation and enjoy the weirdness. Can you confirm whether this new version of the concept will allow me to do that Lee?

Depends on your definition of "libation" and "relax.":lol:
I suspect....no.

71jason

Depends on your definition of "libation" and "relax.":lol:
I suspect....no.

Everything I've heard rumored points to this being little more than "Sunny Eclipse" with a Colonel overlay. Which is sort of like using the trappings of the Club but not getting any of its spirit (no pun intended). What made it work was it was a nightly cocktail party--a QSR with kids running around and de facto photo ops with the characters isn't going to capture that.

It may be sacrilege, but I'd rather the whole concept stay dead and buried for now. In a decade or two, when another generation of TDO suits realize the idiocy of outsourcing to 3d parties and the need for adult nightlife somewhere on WDW property, hopefully one of them will remember CP nights spent in the Club and make sure it's rebuilt properly.

Scooter

I'm kinda wondering why this thread is still in the News and Rumors section of the board. There hasn't been any news about the AC in almost three years and there aren't really any real rumors about the club, just speculation from supporters....I'm still waiting for some solid evidence from someone who really has some top notch info from a Disney high ranking authority that anything even remotely connected to the old AC will resurface in some way shape or form.

Perhaps some new news in regards to AC will come up soon...we can only hope.

71jason

I'm still waiting for some solid evidence from someone who really has some top notch info from a Disney high ranking authority that anything even remotely connected to the old AC will resurface in some way shape or form.

Whether you like them or don't like them (well, don't know how could you dislike one of them), I think the Spirit and Lee have proven their credentials time and again--and they both say something AC-like coming to one of the parks. Spirit specifically said Adventureland.

Remember, Bay Lake Tower was halfway built before Disney announced anything about it. No guarantee anything will happen, but things will be rumored long before they are officially announced.

Lee

Adventurer
Whether you like them or don't like them (well, don't know how could you dislike one of them), I think the Spirit and Lee have proven their credentials time and again--and they both say something AC-like coming to one of the parks. Spirit specifically said Adventureland.

Thank you, sir.:wave:
Information is very scarce at this point. All I know (Spirit may know a tiny bit more) is that it is a real project which is currently in some stage of development. I hope to know more soon.

It may be sacrilege, but I'd rather the whole concept stay dead and buried for now. In a decade or two, when another generation of TDO suits realize the idiocy of outsourcing to 3d parties and the need for adult nightlife somewhere on WDW property, hopefully one of them will remember CP nights spent in the Club and make sure it's rebuilt properly.
Big difference in a generation or two. I'd like to see it again in my lifetime....

jt04

Remember, Bay Lake Tower was halfway built before Disney announced anything about it. No guarantee anything will happen, but things will be rumored long before they are officially announced.

Hmmm, he must have been reading my postings from at least a year ago concerning my beliefs about the future of the AC/S.E.A. concepts and how they could be used in the parks. Specifically I mentioned a certain area of Adventureland among others. Not that I have any insider connections but sometimes these concepts reveal themselves.

Time will tell but as I have said I think Disney could produce a franchise that works across every platform and is entirely an in-house creation and that has unlimited potential.

NoChesterHester

Hmmm, he must have been reading my postings from at least a year ago concerning my beliefs about the future of the AC/S.E.A. concepts and how they could be used in the parks. Specifically I mentioned a certain area of Adventureland among others. Not that I have any insider connections but sometimes these concepts reveal themselves.

Time will tell but as I have said I think Disney could produce a franchise that works across every platform and is entirely an in-house creation and that has unlimited potential.

Posting on a message board does not constitute intellectual property. :ROFLOL:

CJR

Information is very scarce at this point. All I know (Spirit may know a tiny bit more) is that it is a real project which is currently in some stage of development. I hope to know more soon.

They built a new restaurant at the Disneyland Hotel in California that seems to have a lot of similarities to the AC. I wonder if it will be anything along those lines. I thought it was a great concept and I would love to see it head this way in maybe a little bigger form.

Pippa

i really dont get it. I've been to this adventures club on 2 different occassions a few years back and it was basic vaudeville type slightly raunchy insulting humour. I really, truly dont think it was walt's vision for drunk and almost drunk people to be walking the streets of downtown disney then getting into their cars and driving around highly concentrated foot traffic. We get it, some people can only have fun at other peoples expenses and with alcohol....i dont see how that has any place in disney world. And i would say disney thinks the same or you would have your little night clubs and late night hook up joints. It was low class, overpriced and i can bet it didnt help sell any DVC points to anyone. And i know there will be some gruff but will you people finally give it up and let disney make something for all of us to enjoy with our children, not someplace to get away from them.

I beg to differ!!!! When I purchased my DVC membership in 2007 (yes the year before the AC closed!) when the DVC guide said what brings you over from the UK every year specifically, my reply was aside from the whole of WDW being wonderful..........The Adventurers Club!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
i really dont get it. I've been to this adventures club on 2 different occassions a few years back and it was basic vaudeville type slightly raunchy insulting humour. I really, truly dont think it was walt's vision for drunk and almost drunk people to be walking the streets of downtown disney then getting into their cars and driving around highly concentrated foot traffic. We get it, some people can only have fun at other peoples expenses and with alcohol....i dont see how that has any place in disney world. And i would say disney thinks the same or you would have your little night clubs and late night hook up joints. It was low class, overpriced and i can bet it didnt help sell any DVC points to anyone. And i know there will be some gruff but will you people finally give it up and let disney make something for all of us to enjoy with our children, not someplace to get away from them.

I smell troll.

kucarachi
Last Activity: 5th June 2011 23:08

JustInTime

More to come...

I thought we knew this already?! Glad to know it's still being considered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom