Save the Adventurers Club

went by the club a bit ago. A bunch of closed kiosks in front of it. Some new dining establishment next to it. GREAT!! ANOTHER PLACE TO DINE IN ORLANDO. Now, there's something we cant do at home !!

JustInTime

I believe you can also order a Kungaloosh, or a Jessica's Secret, at the 50s Prime Time Cafe bar at Hollywood Studios - at least that is what I ordered when I visited WDW in December 2009.

AHHH! So now I will have to choose between a Glowtini or a Kungaloosh! lol

disnyfan89

If anyone got the new Epic Mickey App for iphones it features the MisAdventures Club in the digicomic Tales of Wasteland #4: The Rubbish Cup.

For those of you who don't know, Epic Mickey is a highly anticipated video game releasing later this month on the Wii staring Mickey and his "Older Brother" Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. It takes place in Wasteland which is a world for forgotten things. Oswald was wasteland's first resident and as such has shaped much of the world to his image. Much of Wasteland is inspired by Disneyland Park.

disnyfan89

Anyone who is a Disney buff will be able to identify anything that has been thrown into wasteland. Will regular average people? Prob not and I would be willing to bet only around 25% (prob less) would know what the MisAdventures Club is suppose to be if it shows up in the game (which it prob wont).

Mouse Detective

Isn't the temporary stuff just there this weekend for Festival of the Masters?

I've read that the demolition will be taking place across the island from east to west. So the AC building may be safe for another year if they work on the other buildings first.

71jason

I've read that the demolition will be taking place across the island from east to west. So the AC building may be safe for another year if they work on the other buildings first.

That's the rumor. But given that the old Race Rock came down in about 3 days, not sure once the buildings start falling that it will take all that long to clear the Island.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That's the rumor. But given that the old Race Rock came down in about 3 days, not sure once the buildings start falling that it will take all that long to clear the Island.
I Would agree. Under normal circumstances demolition is quick. If they put up walls and do work at night they can level everything from Motion to BET in 30-60 days. If they shut down PI to guests that time could easily be cut in half.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Well Adventurers, today Disney has announced what they believe the public wants out of Pleasure Island, Hyperion Wharf. I'm not going to get into the details, for I'm providing the link to the Disney Parks Blog where you may read the announcement at your leasure. However, the most interesting thing is that more than 40 percent of the first 55 comments about Hyperion Wharf mention the Adventurers Club by name, either lamenting its loss, demanding its return or wondering where it fits into the new plans. So Adventurers, we are not alone in wanting Adventure returned to Downtown Disney, and here is our new outlet to let Disney know it! Please flood this Blog's comment board on what we, the public, truely want, our Adventurers Club's immediate return!

Kungaloosh!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/11/first-look-waterfront-district-hyperion-wharf-among-plans-for-downtown-disney

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

imagineer boy

You know, I'd have to say the fan reaction to the removal of the AC is ten times more loud than when Figment was removed from JII. That's saying a lot! And to think they brought Figment back (yes I know in a lamer version but they listened to fans and brought him back non-the-less) you can't help but wonder here.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Yep they demolished Horizons and the old Mexico Cantina in a matter of days. If they really go at it day and night its a quick process.

vonpluto

did the AC open when Pleasure Island opened on May 1, 1989?​

AFAIK, PI opened with the following:

Food & Drink
Portabello Yacht Club
Fireworks Factory
D-Zertz
Sweet Surrender
XZFR Rockin Roller Dome
Mannequins
Videopolis East
Adventurers Club
Comedy Warehouse
Neon Armadillo
Merriweathers Market

Shops
Island Depot
Avigators
Changing Attitudes
Hammer & Fire
Suspended Animation
Mouse House
Superstar Studios
Front Page
Doodles
Yesterears
Propeller Heads

trr1

I was unable to locate the zebra in d-street this weekend, has it run off to Honk Kong?

Keep posting your comments about the club on the official Disney blog post describing the PI replacement:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/11/first-look-waterfront-district-hyperion-wharf-among-plans-for-downtown-disney/
my post is under moderation kind of makes it like my post is alcohol

My post
"
I like the idea of this very much. and maybe they ncould extend the idea of By day, stylish boutiques and innovative restaurants will draw you in and by night, thousands of lights will transform the area into an electric wonderland with adult entertainment,that the other posters have mentioned."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom