Save the Adventurers Club

Well Adventurers, today Disney has announced what they believe the public wants out of Pleasure Island, Hyperion Wharf. I'm not going to get into the details, for I'm providing the link to the Disney Parks Blog where you may read the announcement at your leasure. However, the most interesting thing is that more than 40 percent of the first 55 comments about Hyperion Wharf mention the Adventurers Club by name, either lamenting its loss, demanding its return or wondering where it fits into the new plans. So Adventurers, we are not alone in wanting Adventure returned to Downtown Disney, and here is our new outlet to let Disney know it! Please flood this Blog's comment board on what we, the public, truely want, our Adventurers Club's immediate return!

Kungaloosh!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/11/first-look-waterfront-district-hyperion-wharf-among-plans-for-downtown-disney

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!
oh, goody, our beloved club will be leveled to make room for more opportunities to shop and eat!!! I really wish i could shop and eat here at home..

Ignohippo

Does anyone know if the AC was profitable? I have a hard time believing it was a financial success if it won't return to DTD is some form. Especially if they could alter it so it could be open during the hours of everything else (like making it a restaurant instead of a bar).

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's hard to know for certain, since they didn't charge a cover charge directly the way any NORMAL club would, it had to share the receipts with the other clubs on property. As far as alcohol sales alone covering expenses...I doubt it.

It's hard to know for certain, since they didn't charge a cover charge directly the way any NORMAL club would, it had to share the receipts with the other clubs on property. As far as alcohol sales alone covering expenses...I doubt it.
no, but at the end they charged a premium if anyone wanted AC or Comedy Warehouse admission

lazyboy97o

Does anyone know if the AC was profitable? I have a hard time believing it was a financial success if it won't return to DTD is some form. Especially if they could alter it so it could be open during the hours of everything else (like making it a restaurant instead of a bar).
It seems that, despite having the ability and already doing it with the parks, Disney did not adjust ticket revenues for Pleasure Island admission. An All Club Pass' revenue was divided between all of the clubs regardless of what clubs you ever actually visited. If you went to every club, each club got its cut; if you spent the whole night in the Adventurer's Club, each club got the same cut. There were people, myself included, who were paying $40 just to experience the Adventurer's Club.

Mouse Detective

It seems that, despite having the ability and already doing it with the parks, Disney did not adjust ticket revenues for Pleasure Island admission. An All Club Pass' revenue was divided between all of the clubs regardless of what clubs you ever actually visited. If you went to every club, each club got its cut; if you spent the whole night in the Adventurer's Club, each club got the same cut.

That is likely true. During most of the years they only scanned your ticket at the turnstile so then they didn't know where you went. After they opened the island to everyone, only the first club you went to scanned your ticket and gave you the armband needed to visit the other clubs.

BSikor

Well, I don't post often and only when I have something reliable to report.

I spoke with a source of mine who says that the reason that the AC is part of the last stage of demolition is that they are still not quite sure on what they are doing with it. Disney is well aware of the outcry for the club to be reopened and they are contemplating reopening in some capacity but may just raze the building.

The other thing I was told is that WDW is looking to open the AC for one or possibly two nights for New Years Eve. I know this rumor happened before, but this year I have it on a reliable source that they have applied for a special liquor license for a ticketed dinner event.

Let's cross those fingers.

Lee

Adventurer
My fingers have been crossed for a couple years now.
:lol:
I'll hold my excitement in abeyance until we get something more solid.

GizmoDuck

Well, I don't post often and only when I have something reliable to report.

I spoke with a source of mine who says that the reason that the AC is part of the last stage of demolition is that they are still not quite sure on what they are doing with it. Disney is well aware of the outcry for the club to be reopened and they are contemplating reopening in some capacity but may just raze the building.

The other thing I was told is that WDW is looking to open the AC for one or possibly two nights for New Years Eve. I know this rumor happened before, but this year I have it on a reliable source that they have applied for a special liquor license for a ticketed dinner event.

Let's cross those fingers.

Ala the AC's very own "Last Tour To Endor"? :lookaroun

Also, I think the theming to the AC and the industrial theme of HW could be worked to go together nice.

Maybe AC will become a "new" family dinner-show type deal?

GLaDOS

Ala the AC's very own "Last Tour To Endor"? :lookaroun

Also, I think the theming to the AC and the industrial theme of HW could be worked to go together nice.

Maybe AC will become a "new" family dinner-show type deal?

Considering the area has ALWAYS had industrial theming, yea I think it would work.

Lee

Adventurer
Didn't they strip the inside of the AC and send the artifacts all over the place?

The location of the artifacts is debatable.
Some went to that D-Street store. Some are in storage. Most were earmarked to go to Hong Kong to be a part of that similarly themed restaurant over there. Don't think anything has left for HK yet. Hearing that changes may occur that would impact that restaurant.

Mouse Detective

The location of the artifacts is debatable.
Some went to that D-Street store. Some are in storage. Most were earmarked to go to Hong Kong to be a part of that similarly themed restaurant over there. Don't think anything has left for HK yet.

But would they really reinstall a hundred items for a 1-2 night show? It would be incredible if they did, but would they?

lazyboy97o

But would they really reinstall a hundred items for a 1-2 night show? It would be incredible if they did, but would they?
The cynic in me would not be entirely surprised to see Disney try and offer an Adventurer's Club limited night offering either in a totally different venue or in a stripped down clubhouse. Might as well milk the foamers while you can.

71jason

Agreed, the Club has been stripped, don't see them putting the effort in for a 2-night event with maybe a 500-person capacity (250 each night).

As for the building remaining, scuttlebutt is Neon Armadillo/BET, which is structurally part of the same building, needs to come down due to mold. Also, and this is re-hashing an old debate, but I see no way a stand-alone AC works as a venue, at least in that location. The capacity just isn't there, and much of the fun came from the spontaneity of tipsy guests wandering in and having to discover just what the heck was going on. I just don't see the Club ever returning to PI.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom