Save the Adventurers Club

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Well, I hear that. I applauded when Victoria and Albert's banned children under the age of 10. Frankly, I wish more restaurants would do it in the "real world", although I realize that's highly unlikely. Too many parents seem to regard restaurants as another form of daycare center. I waited tables to help pay for college, and dodging rampaging urchins was a daily chore. And I worked in "nice" high-end restaurants too. Kudos to the Adventurer's Club for catering to the grownups. Another reason to mourn its loss.

To be fair, the Club did allow children to come in (with parents of course), but the cast did not drown the show pixie dust when they did. The cast would make a joke about how nice it was for parents to bring their children to a bar at 10 PM when they should be in bed; or how the parents were staring their children early in life; or would tell the kid to tell his teacher that Mommy took him to a bar on vacation! Everyone would have a good laugh and then they would go back to business as usual.

The Congaloosh cast looks like they were in the same costumes they used to wear when they were actually in the Adventurers Club. Did they own those things or did Disney somehow make their old costumes available for the Congaloosh?

Those are the actual costumes. Disney has not released the characters, they are still available for events and the costumes are still in wardrobe. More reasons to simply bring the club back!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

EpcotServo

To be fair, the Club did allow children to come in (with parents of course), but the cast did not drown the show pixie dust when they did. The cast would make a joke about how nice it was for parents to bring their children to a bar at 10 PM when they should be in bed; or how the parents were staring their children early in life; or would tell the kid to tell his teacher that Mommy took him to a bar on vacation! Everyone would have a good laugh and then they would go back to business as usual.

I remember this from my visit. I wish I remembered the joke, but all I remember was getting a "You'll get this when you're older".

Amazingly, it did not scar me for life as some would suggest it would...
:rolleyes: :lol:

Fable McCloud

Man, I wish I could have gone there this year. When I was a kid there was so much adult humor I didn't pick up on, and now I'm 24 and I can not only get that kind of humor, but I can also drink until it's really funny.

I wonder then, is there somewhere in any part of WDW that is adults only? Cause in my brain, there's just something not okay with drinking in front of children. Not that I plan to get trashed at WDW, but I would like some time away from the crowds of children. I'm a high school teacher, so I'm okay with kids, but even I have a breaking strain...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Man, I wish I could have gone there this year. When I was a kid there was so much adult humor I didn't pick up on, and now I'm 24 and I can not only get that kind of humor, but I can also drink until it's really funny.

I wonder then, is there somewhere in any part of WDW that is adults only? Cause in my brain, there's just something not okay with drinking in front of children. Not that I plan to get trashed at WDW, but I would like some time away from the crowds of children. I'm a high school teacher, so I'm okay with kids, but even I have a breaking strain...
Jellyrolls and I believe Rix are the only 21 and up places in WDW. I am not sure about Atlantic Dance Company and I think Sosa is 18 and up.

Fable McCloud

Here's the one ironic part to this...

I'm 24 (soon to be 25) and my darling BF just turned....20. He's not old enough to get into Jellyrolls.

Damn.

Scooter

Why is there not more discussion about this???????????? Very sad day....:mad::brick::cry::cry:

Probably because no one wants to believe that it's really happening.

I'm thinking Cha CHING!! If someone had the initiative and if it were possible, imagine getting a hold of a wheel barrel full of the AC bricks as they are teraing it down.

You could sell those babies on EBay for at least $25 each.

Who wouldn't want to own a little piece of this historic venue?

sakraft1

Why is there not more discussion about this???????????? Very sad day....:mad::brick::cry::cry:

What a waste. Oh well. Here's hoping they'll build a better Adventurers Club twice as big on the same spot.

Once upon a time there was a tavern
Where we used to raise a glass or two
Remember how we laughed away the hours
And dreamed of all the great things we would do

Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way.
La la la la...
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days

Then the busy years went rushing by us
We lost our starry notions on the way
If by chance I'd see you in the tavern
We'd smile at one another and we'd say

La la la la...

Just tonight I stood before the tavern
Nothing seemed the way it used to be
In the glass I saw a strange reflection
Was that lonely drunkard really me

La la la la...

Through the door there came familiar laughter
I saw your face and heard you call my name
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same

La la la la...

http://adventurersclub.sakraft.com/

Fable McCloud

I just hope with all my hear that they will re-build or re-create the Adventurers Club.

It was an experience that I missed, and for that I'm so sad.

I really want to participate in the Hoopla, and drink a Kungaloosh....

FGITGirl

I'm getting married on Friday and we're stopping by the club to take some wedding pictures since it's the place we first met and the place he proposed. If it wasn't for the club, we wouldn't be living in Florida together.

sakraft1

I'm getting married on Friday and we're stopping by the club to take some wedding pictures since it's the place we first met and the place he proposed. If it wasn't for the club, we wouldn't be living in Florida together.

Congrats! And do share some of your pictures if and when you can.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Well, I finally have completed my thoughts on the imminent destruction of the original building that housed the greatest Disney attraction since Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean. Anyonww who ownes this poster:

Should immediatly place this poster next to it for compairison of the different ideals of Walt and his Company:​

LackofVisionBW.jpg

LackofVisionColor.jpg

I'm not sure which version I like better, Black and White or Color. Thoughts?​

As you might notice, this poster bares the new, "Rebuild Our Adventurers Club" Logo, for that is the new campaign will be starting. There are still rumors of the Club's return over at Animal Kingdom, or that the current building is too full of mold (Thanks for turning off the air conditioning in BET Disney, good move) and it must be torn down and will be rebulit on its current spot. We must let Disney know that Adventure is still relevant, and something a simple as tearing down our Club will not stop us from singing the song of Adventurers. A better thought out thesis is to come, but I ask you Adventurers, to begin preping your printers, e-mail accounts, and notepads to start the next, and hardest part of the battle, convicing Disney to Rebuild our Adventurers Club!​

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom