Save the Adventurers Club

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Well, I don't post often and only when I have something reliable to report.

I spoke with a source of mine who says that the reason that the AC is part of the last stage of demolition is that they are still not quite sure on what they are doing with it. Disney is well aware of the outcry for the club to be reopened and they are contemplating reopening in some capacity but may just raze the building.

The other thing I was told is that WDW is looking to open the AC for one or possibly two nights for New Years Eve. I know this rumor happened before, but this year I have it on a reliable source that they have applied for a special liquor license for a ticketed dinner event.

Let's cross those fingers.

My fingers have been crossed for a couple years now.
:lol:
I'll hold my excitement in abeyance until we get something more solid.

Same here, Lee. If this one comes true, though, I'll be ecstatic, since I just booked a trip that has me in WDW over New Year's. If the club is open, I'll be there, no matter what the tickets cost.

***maybe if enough of us post this, Disney will see the $$$$ and throw us a bone***

Fable McCloud

***maybe if enough of us post this, Disney will see the $$$$ and throw us a bone***

One can only hope, my friend. If there is a chnace and we keep badgering about it, we could change history. I'm trying to be optimistic, but hey Disney:

*badgerbadgerbadgerbadgerBRINGBACKTHEACbadgerbadgerbadgermushroom.*

BSikor

The club hasn't been striped as previously discussed. Only four pieces have been removed since the club closed. One being the zebra.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The club hasn't been striped as previously discussed. Only four pieces have been removed since the club closed. One being the zebra.

You are wrong, sir. The club has most certainly been stripped and very, very little remains. Just look in the window and see it for yourself!

From what I'm told the Library is in pieces but not in that terrible condition but the rest of the club has been totally stripped.

What difference does it make how much stuff has been removed? If they can take it down - they can certainly put it back up. Whether or not it is the exact same piece in the exact same location is irrelevant.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
What difference does it make how much stuff has been removed? If they can take it down - they can certainly put it back up. Whether or not it is the exact same piece in the exact same location is irrelevant.

I agree; unfortunately the current location is to be no more. Now let's try to convince the powers that be the longing and desire for a new AC is still strong, and get a new incarnation into the works....

71jason

Visit D-Street--you'll see a lot more than four artifacts that used to be in the Club (although, thankfully, the vandalized zebra has been removed). Nothing is left on the walls of the Salon but the Yakoose and Babs.

71jason

From what I'm told the Library is in pieces but not in that terrible condition but the rest of the club has been totally stripped.

Back around September, I heard from a reliable source--probably the same as yours--that the Library was intact and actually available for rental. However, about two weeks ago I saw certain artifacts I believe to be from the Library that are no longer in there (Chag, you can guess where). So I doubt they could even use the Library for a NYE show at this point.

If there was a NYE show, when would it show up on the Hub? Would require actors, a tech, banquet staff...

Master Gracey

Original Poster
So here is the question Adventureres. What I place before you is a piece of Hyperion Wharf concept art that I've heard that Disney posted somewhere, but quickly removed due to a certain roof in the background.

Wharf.jpg

If we look closer (which I know is hard to do since no one grabbed a larger version of this piece) at the space under the eyesore balloon, the Adventurers Club roof is still standing in Hyperion Wharf!​

Wharf-1.jpg

Is there hope left for Merriweather's Earthbound Treehouse? I like to think so! Keep the hope alive Adventurers!​

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Lee

Adventurer
As much as it pains me to say it....I don't see the resemblance between that red roof and the Club.
It's in the right spot, but really could be something different.:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom