Save the Adventurers Club

jt04

Could they be doing some taping for a future AC promotional preview. You know something that goes, "do you remember this place blah blah blah?...." before a preview of something new in another place in the future. :shrug:

overdrive

Save PI is also reporting that E Brands is filing bankruptcy, they own Paradisio. Would not look good to have a new business fold up in PI, certainly would scare off any potential prospects. Disney needs to kick it in gear with something other than these cute little side shows. Maybe something like opening some clubs back up.

I also like the explanation of seeing if to much damage was done when removing props from AC. Makes more sense to me than putting it back on the wall to store it, but Disney hasn't made a whole lot of sense when it comes to DTD.

overdrive

Could they be doing some taping for a future AC promotional preview. You know something that goes, "do you remember this place blah blah blah?...." before a preview of something new in another place in the future. :shrug:
I would have to say that there are tons of videos of AC, no reason to film a new one by putting a few things on the wall.:shrug:

jt04

I would have to say that there are tons of videos of AC, no reason to film a new one by putting a few things on the wall.:shrug:

I meant with an actual narrator walking through the place explaining what once was and what is on the way to one of the resorts or parks.

By the time it was aired the AC would probably be no more.

overdrive

I meant with an actual narrator walking through the place explaining what once was and what is on the way to one of the resorts or parks.

By the time it was aired the AC would probably be no more.

Well your guess is as good as anyone's right now. Atleast there is some kind of movement.

71jason

With apologies to my friend Master Gracie, I have definitive word that nothing has been re-hung in the Club. All that's left is there is Zeus (sans rod), Babs, the Yakoose and the chandelier.

Still hearing building demolition begins in October, only question is whether BET/AdvClub or Beach Club goes first.

With apologies to my friend Master Gracie, I have definitive word that nothing has been re-hung in the Club. All that's left is there is Zeus (sans rod), Babs, the Yakoose and the chandelier.

Still hearing building demolition begins in October, only question is whether BET/AdvClub or Beach Club goes first.
thought Zeus' "rod" was part of the statue ?!?!?

71jason

thought Zeus' "rod" was part of the statue ?!?!?

Well, the whole thing came in pieces month by month from the Franklin Mint. Sadly, the final piece was to arrive in October 2008...

BTW, gave the scoop to King Bob and his Save PI blog but I'll tease it...a certain overly sweet, pinkish beverage will soon be available again on Pleasure Island. And no, that does not mean the Club is reopening; it just means management is desperate and thinks we're saps.

jt04

Well, the whole thing came in pieces month by month from the Franklin Mint. Sadly, the final piece was to arrive in October 2008...

BTW, gave the scoop to King Bob and his Save PI blog but I'll tease it...a certain overly sweet, pinkish beverage will soon be available again on Pleasure Island. And no, that does not mean the Club is reopening; it just means management is desperate and thinks we're saps.

I'm not sure about desperate. My take on it is all the recent adds are tests of options that can be easily moved, even on a daily basis, to accomadate construction walls while still allowing for guest flow and a bit of profit.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
So for those of you still undecided about attending this year's ConGaloosh, Adventurer Extraordinare "Right Guard" Ian finally has his Jungle Cruise from ConGaloosh 2009 up on Youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-49nPPxepPA

Apparently Youtube now takes videos up to 15 minutes in length, who knew? So if you too would like to be a part of this years weekend of Adventure, where extraordinary sights like "Right Guard"'s Jungle Cruise abound, be sure to visit http://www.congaloosh.org/home/ and reserve yourself a spot before Sept. 15!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

PKD

Motion and Rock N roll Beach Club are scheduled for demo in October. The new passage way being created between Raglan Road and Portobello Yacht will also start construction at that time.

Construction will then move up the island towards the West Side over the following 12 months being done in phases.

Adventures Club and BET will be removed and replaced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom