Save the Adventurers Club

71jason

It would SO fit into DAK...Disney ought to move it there. I'd visit DAK a lot more often if it did.

Do you mean the racy, alcohol-soaked adult entertainment aspect would fit into the kid-oriented environment of AK? Or do you mean the woman clad in leopard skin and the resident fisherman who sing about hunting on safari would fit in with the tree-huggy, pro-green feel of AK?

Do you mean the racy, alcohol-soaked adult entertainment aspect would fit into the kid-oriented environment of AK? Or do you mean the woman clad in leopard skin and the resident fisherman who sing about hunting on safari would fit in with the tree-huggy, pro-green feel of AK?[/QUOTE]"Racy" might be a bit strong. Just slightly edgey at times w/ witty innuendo

Magenta Panther

Do you mean the racy, alcohol-soaked adult entertainment aspect would fit into the kid-oriented environment of AK? Or do you mean the woman clad in leopard skin and the resident fisherman who sing about hunting on safari would fit in with the tree-huggy, pro-green feel of AK?

Ahhhh, nuts to the kid-oriented, tree-huggy, pro-green feel of AK. How about making it more fun? That's what the Adventurer's Club could do. I'd rather have that than the boring Rafiki's Preachy Guilt Trip or whatever. Aside from the Tree of Life and its ubercool underground theater, AK is a drag. It does look nice, and on a hot day, walking under all those nice shady trees is pretty decent. But all in all, I could skip AK altogether on my next trip to WDW and I wouldn't miss it at all.

sakraft1

Animal Kingdom was what inspired me to start the Disney Architecture flickr group (currently over 700 members and 7000 photos):

http://www.flickr.com/groups/disney_architecture/

I love AK but when they reopen the Adventurers Club I'd like it to be in a place where you don't necessarily have to pay park admission. I think this has all been discussed before, either here or elsewhere.

But when I showed him my *** *** *** he turned around and ran.

Pippa

I would love to go to Congaloosh but my trip isnt until next month, but I do really miss the club, to see it back at WDW in some way, shape or form would be insanely wonderful. I'll keep dressing for the hunt until it returns.........

PKD

Back to where it belongs at 5189 Hill St., or somewhere else on property?

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

It will not be returning to it's current location as previously mentioned. I can not speak rather it will return somewhere else on property.

Though, a concept of bringing back some aspects of the club to what is currently known as Pleasure Island is on the drawing boards... you might end up in a new area of the island that has never seen the light of day.

Thurp

It has been relocated off property. I think it is called City Walk.

I know your feelings about this issue but I'm still going to reply.

Meh... I've given CW plenty of chances. I've tried to like it, I've really tried. It's not the same. Rising Star is about the only club that I find entertaining, but they have lots of long breaks and it's impossible to find a place to sit.

The Groove, which I hoped would be a good replacement for Mannequins, is alright, but I really hate most of their theme nights (teenager nights for example - really?) And what's up with the VIP seating areas? The dance floor and lights are very, very poor too.

PI had quality clubs for the most part. CW is ok to blow some steam for a little while, but I lose interest after an hour or two.

jt04

I know your feelings about this issue but I'm still going to reply.

Meh... I've given CW plenty of chances. I've tried to like it, I've really tried. It's not the same. Rising Star is about the only club that I find entertaining, but they have lots of long breaks and it's impossible to find a place to sit.

The Groove, which I hoped would be a good replacement for Mannequins, is alright, but I really hate most of their theme nights (teenager nights for example - really?) And what's up with the VIP seating areas? The dance floor and lights are very, very poor too.

PI had quality clubs for the most part. CW is ok to blow some steam for a little while, but I lose interest after an hour or two.

I have always thought there are two options that would work. They could recreate PI on it's own part of the property. Or they could convert a resort or build one from scratch that is for adults and, as part of that, an added entertainment area. Flamingo Crossing might be a good option for them. Just my opinion.

lazyboy97o

I have always thought there are two options that would work. They could recreate PI on it's own part of the property. Or they could convert a resort or build one from scratch that is for adults and, as part of that, an added entertainment area. Flamingo Crossing might be a good option for them. Just my opinion.
All provided they do not screw it up again by trying to add-on an adult oriented shopping and dining complex.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
every time I hear "Let the Memories Begin!", I think AC references ar in order...

Everytime I hear "Let the Memories Begin!" I think of.....

CATS_Logo.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom