Sad News for Mission: Space

CTXRover

Originally posted by wdwmagic
Just to confirm, Soft Opening is August 15 2003, official full opening is October 2003

Alright, maybe I'm pushing my luck, but is there any chance of a "pre-soft" opening :lol: Just wondering since they announced a preview date, which I haven't seen them do before.

SirNim

Originally posted by CTXRover
Alright, maybe I'm pushing my luck, but is there any chance of a "pre-soft" opening :lol: Just wondering since they announced a preview date, which I haven't seen them do before.
I doubt there would be a "pre-soft" opening since they announced the "real" "soft opening". Although, nothing is impossible, the chances of a "pre-soft" opening are improbable. :)

WDWspider

Maybe because of all the troubles at Test Track they decided to officially announce a soft opening (meaning they may close frequently correct?) so that they do not officially open until after the bugs are worked out. Anyone??

AndyMagic

NOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry: :cry: :cry: Why would Disney announce a soft opening?? The whole point of a soft opening is that it simply opens without any advertising or announcement. It defeats the whole purpose for having a soft opening!

SpongeScott

Originally posted by Testtrack321
If they do this I'm going to be ed (sorry for the language). Frankly, I'm going in July and I'm hoping for this ride to be open as soft openings or official.
My gosh, people, it will open when it opens.:brick: :brick: If you want it open in July, then the people who go in June will be ed. And if it opens in June, then the people in May will be ed. Change your vacation schedule or be happy for the ones who get lucky and get to be there when it does open. If you don't make it this time, it will be there the next time you visit--in six months, in a year, in 5 years. Just be happy it's opening.

I will step down from my soapbox now.

CTXRover

Originally posted by sandjhooker
My gosh, people, it will open when it opens.:brick: :brick: If you want it open in July, then the people who go in June will be ed. And if it opens in June, then the people in May will be ed. Change your vacation schedule or be happy for the ones who get lucky and get to be there when it does open. If you don't make it this time, it will be there the next time you visit--in six months, in a year, in 5 years. Just be happy it's opening.

Very true. We were given some misleading info earlier today, which was simply due to a misunderstanding it seems. If we got this accurate info. originally, it probably wouldn't have been so upsetting to hear this news. I am upset that I will miss it by a week, but I know I can't let it overshadow the amazing news of today and the fact that prior to today we didn't really have any confirmed idea on its opening. We should be thrilled it is opening relatively soon. Its just not as soon as a lot of us thought/hoped.
Oh, well. I'm still happy. :D

Figment1986

Me happy

Happy Happy Joy Joy, Happy Happy Joy Joy, Happy Happy Joy Joy, Happy Happy Joy Joy, Happy Happy Joy Joy, Happy Happy Joy Joy, Happy Happy Joy Joy, Couldn't resist, I am Happy!!!

I cannot wait to go to that! I wont be in school dthat day or near it eyther!!!

ToTBellHop

This could possibly disney's dumbest move in a LONG time. People will flock to this ride in mid-August only to find it closed more than it is open. VERY stupid move. I can only hope it opens early...this is me NOT pleased with Disney.

CTXRover

Originally posted by DogsRule!
This could possibly disney's dumbest move in a LONG time. People will flock to this ride in mid-August only to find it closed more than it is open. VERY stupid move. I can only hope it opens early...this is me NOT pleased with Disney.

It does seem odd to announce the soft opening, especially to travel agents where they say Aug.15th will be the opening, not a soft opening.

Perhaps there was some kind of miscommunication on the info to be released. They really should make this clearer so they don't have the scenario as you said.

Or maybe, although unlikely (so don't get excited :lol: ) they will actually open early before Aug 15th to work out bugs. Then have its "official announced" preview starting Aug 15th. Therefore, they have an announced opening (Aug 15) but can call it a soft opening in case something happens and they need to close it. (I hope that makes sense). Of course, as soon as CM's are transferred there for training, we should have an idea if an "early, unannounced" preview could happen. Although, I imagine it won't happen. (I'll keep my fingers crossed though :) )

Bagheera

Two reasons for announcing a soft opening when they never have before:

1) People will flock to Epcot to ride it anyway, and if it's down, they can say "It's a soft opening, the official opening isn't until October. Deal with it." And it'll still jack up the numbers for August and September.

2) The Internet. They never announced soft openings, but then they discovered that word was leaking out via the Internet and everybody was finding out about soft opens anyway, so they decided to just come out and let everybody know instead of just those who know where to look on the Internet to find out the best information. (Like right here -- Thanks, Steve!)

Sound plausible?

SewIn2Disney

Ok...I found the sad news, but it has nothing to do with Mission:Space.

They're going to change the Animal Kingdom's Park Icon to a mountain?

That's like saying Disneyland's Icon is the matterhorn.

They need to keep the tree...just because something is the biggest in the park dosen't mean it had to automatically be the icon. Leave the tree. (Lol..leaf the tree..)

Sorry..just my two cents

SpongeScott

Originally posted by SewIn2Disney
Ok...I found the sad news, but it has nothing to do with Mission:Space.

They're going to change the Animal Kingdom's Park Icon to a mountain?

That's like saying Disneyland's Icon is the matterhorn.

They need to keep the tree...just because something is the biggest in the park dosen't mean it had to automatically be the icon. Leave the tree. (Lol..leaf the tree..)

Sorry..just my two cents
No one said anything about the Tree being removed. But when you build an attraction that could scale 200 feet (probably be 199), it will tend to catch someone's eye. What is the icon at the Studios? Is it the hat or the tower? The Tree will be fine.

SewIn2Disney

No one said anything about the Tree being removed. But when you build an attraction that could scale 200 feet (probably be 199), it will tend to catch someone's eye. What is the icon at the Studios? Is it the hat or the tower? The Tree will be fine.

I know the tree is staying where it is...when i said leave the tree i ment leave the tree as the icon. Some mountain shouldn't represent the ANIMAL kingdom. The tree has animals in it therefore it should stay the icon. Don't get me wrong...i'm anticipating this attraction as much as the next person and I can't wait to ride it, I just don't think It should be the icon.

SpongeScott

I know the tree is staying where it is...when i said leave the tree i ment leave the tree as the icon. Some mountain shouldn't represent the ANIMAL kingdom. The tree has animals in it therefore it should stay the icon. Don't get me wrong...i'm anticipating this attraction as much as the next person and I can't wait to ride it, I just don't think It should be the icon.
I agree with you. I think the Tree will stay as the icon. Location of EE will also play a big role in its "iconability".

SewIn2Disney

I agree with you. I think the Tree will stay as the icon. Location of EE will also play a big role in its "iconability".

Yeah...but with Disney lately you never know what they'll do. I'm just hoping for the best

WDWspider

Yeah...but with Disney lately you never know what they'll do. I'm just hoping for the best

It's more lika a signature attraction of the park. I think that would have been more appropriate. It will be one of those things were you say. "have you been to AK" and they say "the park with the Giant Mountain Ride and the Yeti". That kind of thing. Something that reminds you of the park. ToT does that for MGM too.

SewIn2Disney

Originally posted by spider-man
It's more lika a signature attraction of the park. I think that would have been more appropriate. It will be one of those things were you say. "have you been to AK" and they say "the park with the Giant Mountain Ride and the Yeti". That kind of thing. Something that reminds you of the park. ToT does that for MGM too.

I could go for that...as long as it's not appearing on the souviner t-shirts, keychains, etc

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom