Sad News for Mission: Space

Hank Scorpio

Wow, the thing I find hardest to believe is that not one reply to that post has mentioned Pop Century - after all the moans and groans about it not opening!!!!!

Good news about Mission: Space - looks like I will get to ride it after all!! :sohappy:

And also very pleased about Everest, it looks awesome! Hope we get some better concept art available soon though!

WDWspider

Originally posted by SewIn2Disney
I could go for that...as long as it's not appearing on the souviner t-shirts, keychains, etc

Even Dinosaur is on t-shirts, keychains, etc...

You mean the merchandise for the overall park and WDW parks merchandise?

SewIn2Disney

Originally posted by spider-man
Even Dinosaur is on t-shirts, keychains, etc...

You mean the merchandise for the overall park and WDW parks merchandise?

WDW Parks merchandise. Merchandise for individual rides is fine by me, but stuff that showcases one icon from each park should continue to have the tree as the AK's icon

WDWspider

WDW Parks merchandise. Merchandise for individual rides is fine by me, but stuff that showcases one icon from each park should continue to have the tree as the AK's icon

Oh yes, I agree. I don't think that will change, the Tree represents the park well and a lot of time and effort went into it. It'd be like changes SE or the Castle as an Icon. MGM never had a solid Icon before, Water tower, Chinese theatre, etc...

SewIn2Disney

Oh yes, I agree. I don't think that will change, the Tree represents the park well and a lot of time and effort went into it. It'd be like changes SE or the Castle as an Icon. MGM never had a solid Icon before, Water tower, Chinese theatre, etc...

that's another thing... MGM. they need to decide. the two you listed plus the hat, ToT, mickey in a director outfut, etc. There are too many. I guess it's now the hat because it's the center of the park.

CTXRover

Ok...I found the sad news, but it has nothing to do with Mission:Space.

They're going to change the Animal Kingdom's Park Icon to a mountain?

Sorry..just my two cents

I don't think we have any need to worry, as others have said. Al said he thinks it has the potential to become "A park icon" not "THE park icon". In other words, it will be something that people identify the park with ("Oh, yes, AK has that awesome mountain ride") not that it will replace the already amazing Tree of Life (which took a pretty penny to build :lol: )

Power22

What is a soft opening?

What is a 'soft opening'? And if i am at Epcot on August 26th, am i gonna be able to ride Mission:SPACE?

Pioneer Hall

Starting August 15th they will have Soft Openings for the ride.

A soft opening means that the ride will be open, but may be working at a limited capacity, and can shut down at any time for problems. Sort of a training session for the cast members and a chance to get guest response.

The only thing that makes me wonder is that Soft Openings have been kept silent for the past 48 years. This way they don't get too many people coming to the park expecting to ride the ride. Why would Disney do this when they know people will come to ride it since it has been announced. Now if it breaks down Epcot guest relations will never hear the end of it. It makes me think that they may do some Soft Openings before the August 15th date. I'M NOT SAYING THEY WILL SO DON'T LOOK AT IT THAT WAY...I am saying they may and it would be the most logical thing for them to do.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by durhay
Mission: Space to open August 15th, according to Iraqi Information Minister.:animwink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe we'll find him in line that day and his card will be taken from THE DECK.

WDWspider

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
...I am saying they may and it would be the most logical thing for them to do.

Why? I think the net explanation was clear enough. You keep it secret and as soon as it does soft open everyone will know about it anyway in today's age, so what's the point.

schmott

Honeymoon

My future wife and I are heading to Disney World for our honeymoon. I was looking forward to Mission: Space, but we are already booked for the week after the 4th of July. :mad:

What are the chances of getting to ride Mission: Space before August 15th?

Main Street USA

I'm still not sure why everyone is confused about the Studios' icon. From day one the water tower appeared on merchandise featuring the three park icons, and on maps, advertising, etc.

And now the park icon is oficially the Sorcerer's Hat. It now appears on merchandise, maps, advertising, their website, etc.

WDWspider

Originally posted by Main Street USA
I'm still not sure why everyone is confused about the Studios' icon. From day one the water tower appeared on merchandise featuring the three park icons, and on maps, advertising, etc.

And now the park icon is oficially the Sorcerer's Hat. It now appears on merchandise, maps, advertising, their website, etc.

I knew it was the Earful Tower before. The point I was making is that at that time the Chinese theatre was much more noticeable and was considered an Icon. Something to associate to the park, like ToT is also. At least know the Hat makes more sense because of it's placement in the park. The Earful Tower just never stood out like SE, the Castle, or the Tree do. I remember my first visit to MGM, I was like... where is the Water Tower?

TURKEY

I knew it was the Earful Tower before. The point I was making is that at that time the Chinese theatre was much more noticeable and was considered an Icon. Something to associate to the park, like ToT is also. At least know the Hat makes more sense because of it's placement in the park. The Earful Tower just never stood out like SE, the Castle, or the Tree do. I remember my first visit to MGM, I was like... where is the Water Tower?

Yea.

I never really notice the water tower unless I'm on the tour or just hanging out back in the backlot area.

I thiink the theatre was consider a icon because you see it right when you walk in to the park. Just like the Castle, SE, and the Tree.

I think the placement of the hat was deliberate not to cover up the theatre but to have the icon visible upon entry into the park.

Some people have said they think EE may become AK's icon, but I don't think it's going to happen just because it's going to be at the back of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom