Rumours Circulating Mine Train Coaster Could be Cancelled!!!

Lee

Adventurer
There were no major problems according to Lee. He said that is was a minor issue that was simply a headache. Don't know where you got your info from, but I'm going with Lee on this one.

Well...yeah...that's kinda right.
According to my information, and all this goes back months, they had a serious engineering problem or two to solve. Giving them some headaches.
But at no time did they get to the point where they came close to pulling the plug on the ride.

So...serious/major problem...but always going to get worked out.

juan

As I've said before, the ride isn't going to be scrapped because there is something other than FLE driving the ride's development.

Cosmic Commando

Not to side track, but...

What in the world were the problems with Space Mountain and El Rio?? I can't figure anything difficult about either of those rides. Especially El Rio.
Space Mountain... they had to come up with the idea to put the support pillars on the outside of the building to make a smooth surface to project onto on the inside. They also have the ongoing problem of a relatively short load/unload time before the safety system starts braking trains on the ride.

El Rio... the problem of how to get people to go on the ride?

jt04

As I've said before, the ride isn't going to be scrapped because there is something other than FLE driving the ride's development.

But could it be relocated without scrapping it and still meet the mysterious requirement you refer to?

I still think it is too massive and out of place for the proposed location unless they add some amazing architectural elements or put major portions of the ride system at utilidor level.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not to side track, but...

What in the world were the problems with Space Mountain and El Rio?? I can't figure anything difficult about either of those rides. Especially El Rio.
Mexico was waaay behind schedule in 1982. As the building was actually being built they cut one 3rd from the ride. Hence the overlay huge backstage flume area.

Space Mountain had one issue with one curve (can`t recall if it was Alpha or Omega) where the track section was designed wrong and had to be swapped for a new piece each year for the first few years of operation. Aside from all the problems and headaches with the original ride control system. Remember it was all designed back in the Apollo days.

boufa

But could it be relocated without scrapping it and still meet the mysterious requirement you refer to?

I still think it is too massive and out of place for the proposed location unless they add some amazing architectural elements or put major portions of the ride system at utilidor level.

In a recent interview, it was stated that most of the ride will be a dark ride. Which makes sense since mines are 90% indoors/underground. It could be a thing that they hide just about anywhere. The tunnels and other parts could already be built under the new buildings as part of their construction for all we know.

raven

In a recent interview, it was stated that most of the ride will be a dark ride. Which makes sense since mines are 90% indoors/underground. It could be a thing that they hide just about anywhere. The tunnels and other parts could already be built under the new buildings as part of their construction for all we know.

It's no more a dark ride than BTMRR is. Actually, both will have about the same amount of indoor section if you include the long dark tunnel on BTMRR.

But once again, the coaster is right on track and and hasn't been derailed by any means. Pun intended. :animwink:

cwolnowski

I've read that the Snow White themed mine train ride is still going up as planned. As for the speculation that this will be an underground ride, it is highly doubtful, as you can only dig so deep in Florida as Florida has such a high water table (as most already know, the parks are actually built on the "second floor" so to speak as all the tunnels and foundation work underneath is on sea-level and the parks were built on top of them). Nevertheless, I have no doubt that Disney will build the attraction so it appears to be underground in a mine, and I would imagine the queue will be designed so that it has the appearance that the guest is going underground.

However, as far as the new attractions go, I've read the least about this one; is it safe to assume this is the last of the attractions in the new Fantasyland area set to open?? (as it is planned to open in sections and I've read a lot about the details of Little Mermaid, Belle's Castle, and Storybook Circusland).

Condorman

Mexico was waaay behind schedule in 1982. As the building was actually being built they cut one 3rd from the ride. Hence the overlay huge backstage flume area.

What "overlay huge backstage flume area"? I have the schematics of the Mexico Pavilion, and although there is a run-off track for the boats with regards to maintenance and backstage storage, there is no "backstage flume area" unless it was completely abandoned and doesn't exist in any fashion today.

Please explain.

mightynine

What "overlay huge backstage flume area"? I have the schematics of the Mexico Pavilion, and although there is a run-off track for the boats with regards to maintenance and backstage storage, there is no "backstage flume area" unless it was completely abandoned and doesn't exist in any fashion today.

Please explain.

I think that was a slip of the finger, and should read as overly huge backstage flume area.

Lee

Adventurer

Please explain.

Perhaps he was saying that the long section that runs along the rear wall backstage was originally meant to be part of the show? Converted to maint./storage due to cuts?
:shrug:

Lee

Adventurer
Yep...but it won't be.

:brick:
It's not going down there. Your dream of a utilidor level ride will have to wait...possibly forever.

raven

Perhaps he was saying that the long section that runs along the rear wall backstage was originally meant to be part of the show? Converted to maint./storage due to cuts?
:shrug:

Thos maintenence areas are always planned for boat rides like this. IASW, POTC, Splash, Maelstrom, they all have one too. Marni must be talking about something else because the mexico one isn't huge at all. More like a long garage than anything.

Aero

Space Mountain had one issue with one curve (can`t recall if it was Alpha or Omega) where the track section was designed wrong and had to be swapped for a new piece each year for the first few years of operation. Aside from all the problems and headaches with the original ride control system. Remember it was all designed back in the Apollo days.

Back in the 80's I worked at RCA Federal Systems, where they produced automated test equipment for tanks and missle systems. Before they had gone to all government work, however, Disney was one of their customers. In the document vault (where I worked), we had blue prints for Space Mountain. Most of it was details of the test and control equipment that RCA designed for it, but we also had elevations (side views) of the ride building.

The RCA gear was responsible for making sure the cars stop at the place at the load platform, among other things.

Still kicking myself for not daring to sneak a set of copies past the guard shack. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom