Rumours Circulating Mine Train Coaster Could be Cancelled!!!

aladdin2007

It also saved Disneyland, Mind you.

Yes true, and to some extent some little things here and there at Disney World I think its helped with. Not quite like the scope of Disneyland, but I cant help but think it may have played a little part in the tiki room returning here, minus the fire of course.

Enchantâmes

Really...? One person puts up an uneducated post on here saying they think the ride is canceled because they haven't started construction even though it was only announced less than a year ago and it causes people to panic and start new threads spreading said rumor. I'm sorry but this is rather ridiculous is summer over yet? :brick:

Cmdr_Crimson

The Internet is the worst thing ever to happen to the Disney fan community. Sure, it brought thousands of people together, but it also led to a ridiculously skewed perspective.
miknet.gif

trr1

Really...? One person puts up an uneducated post on here saying they think the ride is canceled because they haven't started construction even though it was only announced less than a year ago and it causes people to panic and start new threads spreading said rumor. I'm sorry but this is rather ridiculous is summer over yet? :brick:

school starts here on august the 29th :sohappy:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Twenty years ago, I guarantee the engineers and ride developers went through the same machinations regarding technology and practicality, making hundreds of changes -- most minor, some major -- to nearly ever proposed attraction. Except in those days, we weren't privy to every minute alteration and judged the attraction after completion.

Spot on. Virtually every project has had problems, delays, issues... call it what you will.. during design and construction.

Space Mountain
Spaceship Earth
Universe of Energy (both versions)
Horizons
JII (original)
Test Track
El Rio Del Tiempo
American Adventure
Captain EO
Star Tours

- all headliners, and all had problems before, during and after design and even opening that if the web had been around back then they would all have been branded as `never gonna open`.

Cosmic Commando

^^Right. When you watch any "making of" video, there are always problems to overcome. Thankfully, most engineers and designers have more resolve than random people on the Internet... they don't give up and say, "This will never get built!"

Sure, it's possible something happens and the mine train doesn't get built, but they would be some major crow for Disney to eat to have two separate plans for that spot fizzle in such close proximity to each other.

peachykeen

The Internet is the worst thing ever to happen to the Disney fan community. Sure, it brought thousands of people together, but it also led to a ridiculously skewed perspective.

Twenty years ago, I guarantee the engineers and ride developers went through the same machinations regarding technology and practicality, making hundreds of changes -- most minor, some major -- to nearly ever proposed attraction. Except in those days, we weren't privy to every minute alteration and judged the attraction after completion.

There is no reason to believe that this ride will not be built as originally planned. Is it possible that Disney is having trouble with the swinging mine carts? Absolutely, I can buy that. But to take that nugget of information and conclude it will lead to the attraction's demise is nothing but ridiculous hyperbole. This is entire situation is nothing new, nothing strange, nothing unusual. It's just the typical bumps and setbacks in the production of a new Disney attraction.

I'm sorry but I love this post.

Honestly, I doubt it will be cancelled. If Disney is having problems with the ride system they will surely keep on working on the system until it is perfect!

This was most likely a rumor that started somewhere on the web!

Tim_4

Honestly, I doubt it will be cancelled. If Disney is having problems with the ride system they will surely keep on working on the system until it is perfect!

This was most likely a rumor that started somewhere on the web!

It's not a rumor, it was a fact. The major problems appear to be worked out, but there was a window of time where they had very real concerns about whether they'd be able to make it work.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It's not a rumor, it was a fact. The major problems appear to be worked out, but there was a window of time where they had very real concerns about whether they'd be able to make it work.

The original post in this thread was that there are current rumors of this attraction not happening which have been proven to be just that, rumors.

Tim_4

The original post in this thread was that there are current rumors of this attraction not happening which have been proven to be just that, rumors.

That's fair, but they are at least derived from some legitimate reason, rather than spewing forth from some troll who just wanted to stir the pot.

Scuttle

There were no major problems according to Lee. He said that is was a minor issue that was simply a headache. Don't know where you got your info from, but I'm going with Lee on this one.

Buried20KLeague

Spot on. Virtually every project has had problems, delays, issues... call it what you will.. during design and construction.

Space Mountain
Spaceship Earth
Universe of Energy (both versions)
Horizons
JII (original)
Test Track
El Rio Del Tiempo
American Adventure
Captain EO
Star Tours

- all headliners, and all had problems before, during and after design and even opening that if the web had been around back then they would all have been branded as `never gonna open`.

Not to side track, but...

What in the world were the problems with Space Mountain and El Rio?? I can't figure anything difficult about either of those rides. Especially El Rio.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Not to side track, but...

What in the world were the problems with Space Mountain and El Rio?? I can't figure anything difficult about either of those rides. Especially El Rio.

With El Rio, they had to figure out how to get that cool grotto scene out and replace it with a not so cool snorkeling Donald (at least I think he is snorkeling).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom