Rumors that never came to be, but that would have been great

PalisadesPkteer

I posted this in the FON railings thread.............

Is this 1 of the "small projects" EPCOT is getting?

I would love to see the stage go away along with

Those TARPS!!!
And those LAL Tombstones!!!

I think I see the Very small celebration EPCOT will get for its 30th

1. Paint UOE to its original color layout. (Done)
2. Remove little used stage from FON area. (Maybe starting????)
3. Restore Dreamfinder to JII. (Was going to happen? But now a no go???)
4. Remove ugly Tarps. (Oh PLEASE GO AWAY TARPS!!!)
5. Remove very ugly Tombstones. (If noting else, PLEASE TAKE THESE OUT!!!)

So Marni, how are my gueses?? Looks like EPCOT will get little or nothing for the 30th like it did for the 25th.

Maybe they will use those triangles in SSE decent to show videos of how EPCOT used to be.

MARINI1971 RESPONCE
You're guesses arent bad at all.

Need someone to help me go back and put old comments into new one!!! Not good at doing this at all.

So JediMaster1227,

1. The Tomstones may leave after all!!!!
2. Stage "Modification"? (I am thinking the removal of the part that blocks the FON water jets. Yea!!!!)
3. Tarps and whirly gigs gone from plaza? (If this happens we should all shout Hurray!!)
4. UOE Retro painting already done I guess.

Too bad the JII redo is on Ice until MK is done I am thinking .

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I posted this in the FON railings thread.............

Is this 1 of the "small projects" EPCOT is getting?

I would love to see the stage go away along with

Those TARPS!!!
And those LAL Tombstones!!!

I think I see the Very small celebration EPCOT will get for its 30th

1. Paint UOE to its original color layout. (Done)
2. Remove little used stage from FON area. (Maybe starting????)
3. Restore Dreamfinder to JII. (Was going to happen? But now a no go???)
4. Remove ugly Tarps. (Oh PLEASE GO AWAY TARPS!!!)
5. Remove very ugly Tombstones. (If noting else, PLEASE TAKE THESE OUT!!!)

So Marni, how are my gueses?? Looks like EPCOT will get little or nothing for the 30th like it did for the 25th.

Maybe they will use those triangles in SSE decent to show videos of how EPCOT used to be.

MARINI1971 RESPONCE
You're guesses arent bad at all.

Need someone to help me go back and put old comments into new one!!! Not good at doing this at all.

So JediMaster1227,

1. The Tomstones may leave after all!!!!
2. Stage "Modification"? (I am thinking the removal of the part that blocks the FON water jets. Yea!!!!)
3. Tarps and whirly gigs gone from plaza? (If this happens we should all shout Hurray!!)
4. UOE Retro painting already done I guess.

Too bad the JII redo is on Ice until MK is done I am thinking .

Click on the
quote.gif
button underneath the quote that you want to include in your post.

-or-

Copy the text that you want to include in your post then click on the
quote.gif
image above the text box when typing your reply.

EPCOT Explorer

I saw Mt. Fuji listed earlier in this thread.

Mt. Fuji wasn't a rumor. It was almost real. I remember actually seeing a poster for it outside of Japan on a construction wall advertising it. It must have been in the late 80s if I remember correctly.

Really, now? I think most are talking about the "new" Fuji, so....:D

Confirmation, anyone?

PalisadesPkteer

Thanks Unkadug.

Hope we at least get that small stage area removed so the FON jets are all able to be used again.

If we get the LAL Tombstones removed, Tarps & whirleygigs removed and as stated above the removal of the FON stage area mentioned (all of the stage could go as far as Im concerned) then at least EPCOT will look close to what it should look like.

disneysroyal411

If the tarps were gone from Epcot I would cry!:cry: I mean those have been there ever since I've been going to Epcot. What's the crisis with them there awesome! (and they look good from google Earth too!)

And I think the JII is a 50/50 thing because it wasn't even what is was supposed to be when it was built. Also there were so many problems with the first one that there could some type of change. Sorry not a lot of problems but that first scene was a problem. :shrug: And that was 4 scenes of 1 scene so it could be a big problem because it even caused the ride to stop.

EDIT: What are the tombstones they're talking about?

disneysroyal411

Thanks Unkadug.

Hope we at least get that small stage area removed so the FON jets are all able to be used again.

If we get the LAL Tombstones removed, Tarps & whirleygigs removed and as stated above the removal of the FON stage area mentioned (all of the stage could go as far as Im concerned) then at least EPCOT will look close to what it should look like.

What should it look like is the actual question. We got a whole different thing then EPCOT, we got Epcot. I love looking at that model of EPCOT on the TTA because it still looks futuristic but yet could be real. The Epcot we have is noting like that, I mean, there's not even a hotel or living space for actual guests! WHAT IS THIS MADNESS! :lookaroun Sorry I was too tempted.:ROFLOL: But really I mean we a knock off almost from what Walt Disney wanted. (Don't get me wrong on this one I do love Epcot but I'm making a point and taking one for EPCOT. )

Question- Did anyone find this confusing?:lookaroun

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
My head hurts...

If the tarps were gone from Epcot I would cry!:cry: I mean those have been there ever since I've been going to Epcot. What's the crisis with them there awesome! (and they look good from google Earth too!)
You said it yourself - you`ve never been to Epcot when they wern`t there.

And I think the JII is a 50/50 thing because it wasn't even what is was supposed to be when it was built. Also there were so many problems with the first one that there could some type of change. Sorry not a lot of problems but that first scene was a problem. :shrug: And that was 4 scenes of 1 scene so it could be a big problem because it even caused the ride to stop.
Err... what`s the JII `thing`? And 4 scenes of 1 scene? The RCS had issues with the way it was designed and the ride system clashed with the design of the Flight to the Imagination scene, but that was all designed in 1980. There would be no such problem today.

EDIT: What are the tombstones they're talking about?
The Leave a Legacy stones at the park entrance.

disneysroyal411

My head hurts...

You said it yourself - you`ve never been to Epcot when they wern`t there.

Err... what`s the JII `thing`? And 4 scenes of 1 scene? The RCS had issues with the way it was designed and the ride system clashed with the design of the Flight to the Imagination scene, but that was all designed in 1980. There would be no such problem today.

The Leave a Legacy stones at the park entrance.

Okay so on the first one you've got me.

On the second one with that's sort of what I was aiming to except I just meant they'd have to do some work with that scene. I just didn't word it right.

And the last one thank you I never knew people called them that. I personally like them. They a great photo effect to me and they are for the future generations to see, I mean think of how funny we might look in the future or something! I like them.

...And the last one thank you I never knew people called them that. I personally like them. They a great photo effect to me and they are for the future generations to see, I mean think of how funny we might look in the future or something! I like them.

Ooookkkkk....

I've got a LAL plaque and even I think those things are unsightly tombstones.

They really should rip them down and put up small sections of the plaques in discrete places around Epcot.

Imagine walking around WS and on a wall in a little nook is you LAL? That would really be leaving a legacy.

But Back on Topic. The Great Muppet Movie Ride, no question.

disneysroyal411

I have a plaque too and I love it since Disney is my home away from home, or at least the Polynesian, and I don't mind my plaque being like my tombstone. Then a piece of me (as in the photo) is always at Disney which makes it feel as if I'm always there!

Oh and my attraction that was never built, EPCOT:cry:!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Okay so on the first one you've got me.
The plaza used to look beautiful before 1994 - lakes, bridges, lots of managed landscaping, trees, plants, grass. In 1994 it was all ripped out and paved over. Not good, but you could still see all around clearly and could see SSE perfectly from behind the fountain (it made a lovely backdrop for fountain shows)

Come 1999, the tarps arrive with unsightly poles everywhere ruining the views of not only Innoventions and the surroundings but also of the back of SSE.

If you`d seen it before 1999 you would probably have prefered it as many of us do.

On the second one with that's sort of what I was aiming to except I just meant they'd have to do some work with that scene. I just didn't word it right.
That scene as we knew it is gone. Destroyed. If something similar ever came back it`d be a totally new one.

JWG

That scene as we knew it is gone. Destroyed. If something similar ever came back it`d be a totally new one.

I'm not holding my breath for anything to be recreated from the original. It seems Dreamfinder is a possibility but now who knows when.

Exprcoofto

The plaza used to look beautiful before 1994 - lakes, bridges, lots of managed landscaping, trees, plants, grass. In 1994 it was all ripped out and paved over. Not good, but you could still see all around clearly and could see SSE perfectly from behind the fountain (it made a lovely backdrop for fountain shows)

Do you have any pictures of the old plaza? Sounds really awesome, but I never saw it that way.

panther726

Whatever happened to the Monster's Inc. coaster? A couple months ago, it appeared as if this was almost a done deal at Pixar Place in DHS. Now, it has vanished.:shrug:

maelstrom

- Beastly Kingdom
- Thunder Mesa & the Western River Expedition
- Asian Resort
- Venetian Resort
- Mediterranean Resort
- Persian Resort

EPCOTPluto

- Beastly Kingdom
- Thunder Mesa & the Western River Expedition
- Asian Resort
- Venetian Resort
- Mediterranean Resort
- Persian Resort
I would love to see those four come into existance. Especially the Persian & Mediterranean.

Alas, the only reference is the road from GF to the Wedding Pavilion called the Asian Walkway.

:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom