Rumors that never came to be, but that would have been great

hp200lx

Trust me...some of the thoughts and ideas of Project Gemini will be happening with in the next decade.

...Just not Time Racers...THANK GOD!

TP2000

Project Gemini, Night Kingdom, and the scary alternate version of Pirates of the Caribbean were all ideas first mentioned on Jim Hill's website, with multiple follow up articles on them from Jim Hill. None of them ever panned out, and Mr. Hill never seems to do a follow up on those articles and why they never happened.

Particularly Night Kingdom, which he really hammered on as a done deal.

The only thing that even came slightly close was Project Gemini, but it just cherry-picked a couple of the cheaper concepts and spread their implementation out over several years. The current Future World really has no resemblance to the original Project Gemini plans as outlined by Jim Hill. Future World in '09 is just sort of an updated and slightly remodeled version of Future World circa '03.

EPCOT Explorer

Project Gemini, Night Kingdom, and the scary alternate version of Pirates of the Caribbean were all ideas first mentioned on Jim Hill's website, with multiple follow up articles on them from Jim Hill. None of them ever panned out, and Mr. Hill never seems to do a follow up on those articles and why they never happened.

Particularly Night Kingdom, which he really hammered on as a done deal.

The only thing that even came slightly close was Project Gemini, but it just cherry-picked a couple of the cheaper concepts and spread their implementation out over several years. The current Future World really has no resemblance to the original Project Gemini plans as outlined by Jim Hill. Future World in '09 is just sort of an updated and slightly remodeled version of Future World circa '03.

:D:lookaroun

trr1

maybe they can get Cindy Lauper or Cher maybe even Ozzie Osbourne
or maybe all three to sponsor RNRC
:cool:

hrcollectibles

Australia would work in AK, just demo Chester and Hesters, or even retheme Primeval Whirl to some derivation of Crush's Coaster for the Australia tie in. They need an animal walk through that has a major attraction in it, I think Koala's would be perfect, and they could use Kangaroos, Wallabys, and even Dingoes to round out the rest of the walk through.

Isn't Finding Nemo near there? I think it would be great.... However then some people would complain that Nemo is everywhere....

EPCOT Explorer

Of course you don't... :rolleyes:

Innoventions... The "modifications" coming to the Fountain Stage, the changes coming to the Hub and breezeways... And eventually, the changes to the park entrance plaza...

Again: Bingo! :sohappy:
I'm here for ya.:lol:

And I like the "other" Modifications.:D The only good thing of Proj. Gem is finally coming true!:lol::sohappy:

JWG

Aye! That be what your eyes be showing... :king:

What's ironic, is they paved over the entrance plaza for better traffic flow and more openness, and then they made it worse than the original flowery greenness by putting in ugliness everywhere...

stewdog1

I saw Mt. Fuji listed earlier in this thread.

Mt. Fuji wasn't a rumor. It was almost real. I remember actually seeing a poster for it outside of Japan on a construction wall advertising it. It must have been in the late 80s if I remember correctly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom