RUMOR! WDW's Tomorrowland Overhaul

_Scar

Attractions wise, it's fine. It's aesthetics just need help, and only half of the place does. It can easily be done without full closure, just like FL and MSUSA have. I hope that happens, if anything.

I agree, but I also think they should add a table service, change the Tiki, maybe retheme Swiss to Tarzan, and have a big Jungle Cruise refurb.

Nothing major, just little stuff to make Adventureland a little less chaotic and tacky (Tiki *cough*)

Jasonflz

Full overhaul? I'm hoping that only means attractions and not the exterior look of the land right? Because I think the avenue of the planets looks great and doesn't need to be changed. I do hope its just for the attractions like SGE and MILF.

Agreed, the look of the land is fine. The rides aren't.

DisneyParksFan1

Original Poster
The look of the land from the entrance on is great, but once you cross under the TTA to the Speedway boy are you in for a terrible surprise... They have to make that area be like the area in the entrance. I love the TL aesthetics, just the rides, and that area need help... MAJOR help. I basically just want the land to be more cohesive as a whole. To be a big community if you know what I mean. I like the Sci-Fi theme but it would be great if it was a SciFi City. Where everything interacts with each other. Like, the TTA speaking about every attraction, the Astro Orbiter speaking about another, the other about the other, and so on. I just want a community.

imagineer boy

The look of the land from the entrance on is great, but once you cross under the TTA to the Speedway boy are you in for a terrible surprise... They have to make that area be like the area in the entrance. I love the TL aesthetics, just the rides, and that area need help... MAJOR help. I basically just want the land to be more cohesive as a whole. To be a big community if you know what I mean. I like the Sci-Fi theme but it would be great if it was a SciFi City. Where everything interacts with each other. Like, the TTA speaking about every attraction, the Astro Orbiter speaking about another, the other about the other, and so on. I just want a community.

Agreed 100%.

_Scar

We need some HKDL cars and a situation to cover the broke down cars. It's really kind of sad.

They should totally go retro and try to add flying saucers back since they're reusing the technology in DCA.

EPCOT Explorer

I agree, but I also think they should add a table service, change the Tiki, maybe retheme Swiss to Tarzan, and have a big Jungle Cruise refurb.

Nothing major, just little stuff to make Adventureland a little less chaotic and tacky (Tiki *cough*)
It's capacity is fine....though everything can be plussed.

Hrudey3032

^^^:ROFLOL:

Nice, Atomic

I think you mean TDO, which is Team Disney Orlando...Our wonderful team of Park Ops and Management that really makes the unique magic for each Disney Parks guest.

:lookaroun

Uh Ev you put TOD in your post so maybe he was refering to your mistake.Guess typing on 3-4 different sites at same time catches up to you :lol:

Hobnail Boot

The look of the land from the entrance on is great, but once you cross under the TTA to the Speedway boy are you in for a terrible surprise... They have to make that area be like the area in the entrance. I love the TL aesthetics, just the rides, and that area need help... MAJOR help. I basically just want the land to be more cohesive as a whole
I agree, which is one reason I'm against a complete Tomorrowland makeover. The Avenue of Planets section is fantastically themed but the attractions in there don't really fit (Stitch, Monsters, and Buzz, even though I love that ride). Outside of Rockettower Plaza the themeing is more like the old Tomorrowland. It's not bad, but it just doesn't flow like it should from the newer design. The biggest eyesore in my opinion is the TTA. Around the Astro Orbiter and AoP it's wonderful, but the rest of it's track was left in the old design which doesn't look right with the new look. I guess what I'd really want is for them to do in a 'makeover' is finish themeing the land the way that the Avenue is and replace certain attractions.

WDW1974

I know what it is... It's the same thing that's left me unemployed TWICE in the past year. (For the first time in over a decade.) The ECONOMY.

If companies, especially entertainment companies like Disney, can't afford to keep their employees right now -- they certainly can't afford extravagant improvements to their client-facing properties. Folks like me have less luxury (i.e. DISNEY) money to go around right now. People are hurtin' BAD! It's a scary thing.

As much as I criticize Disney, the fact that they're going ahead with some major expansion plans on BOTH coasts right now in the middle of this ____*tstorm is pretty admirable. I'm sure these things will all come in due time, but for now I'd honestly say be happy they're even spending $$$ on refurb'ing attractions!

If Disney can afford to spend $4 BILLION on Marvel Entertainment for starters, then I'm not going to shed any tears for them.

That pays for a lot of employees who were shown the door in 2009.

Oh, and if they weren't so (blank) damned cheap in the supposedly great economic years of the prior two administrations (OK, we all know it was a giant lie now, but Disney didn't then) maybe they wouldn't have to be spending much at all now.

_Scar

If Disney can afford to spend $4 BILLION on Marvel Entertainment for starters, then I'm not going to shed any tears for them.

Oh, and if they weren't so (blank) damned cheap in the supposedly great economic years of the prior two administrations (OK, we all know it was a giant lie now, but Disney didn't then) maybe they wouldn't have to be spending much at all now.

Exactly. There is no bad economy for Disney right now... I swear, Disney was more packed this Summer than I've ever seen before. It was crazy. They should be going all out, and if they weren't you'd think they'd spend it elsewhere... but it seems nothing is getting done right now. Not even Flamingo Crossing. It's odd. It's like we're paying for DCA's expansion from Orlando. :lol::lookaroun:(

Orange Bird

It's odd. It's like we're paying for DCA's expansion from Orlando. :lol::lookaroun:(

Indirectly you are. WDW makes a profit for TWDC. Disney's profits allow it to pay off debt in a timely fashion and maintain a good credit rating. TWDC can then borrow money to fix DCA, or pay for it directly through the company's profits--some of which came from WDW, but almost none came from Anaheim.

But Disneyland in Anaheim has a large community of vocal fans who spoke up about DCA; bad word of mouth convinced the public not to go to DCA, and now it is getting a $1 Billion fix and WDW is getting stiffed. Maybe WDW fans should speak up more.

dweezil78

Totally not trying to defend Disney -- but the once-in-a-lifetime purchase of an entertainment behemoth that will most likely have a huge impact on the future of the company is a long-term strategy move while the canning employees is just unfortunately part of everyday life when you're dealing with a company as enormous as Disney... especially one that has stockholders to answer to. And right now, all they care is that the company is making money now or at least has some semblance of a plan to setup for it in the near future.

nuttyskadork

About a year and a half ago, this was more prominent from the inside than a FL refurb. Something changed that, and I don't know what.

I don't know what to think of it now, especially with SM and all, but I could see TL getting a bit of attention perhaps after FL is done, or at least half way through construction.

IDK the way I see it, it's been "done". They re-habbed TTA and Space Mountain, axed Stitch's Supersonic So You Think You Can Celebrate show. Sadly I don't see them doing much else. I mean really Monsters Inc is still relatively new by Disney standards and seems to work just fine. Besides if you replace it; it has to be a theatre attraction anyways. Not a lot of room there. Even less room in the case of SGE.

nuttyskadork

Exactly. There is no bad economy for Disney right now... I swear, Disney was more packed this Summer than I've ever seen before. It was crazy. They should be going all out, and if they weren't you'd think they'd spend it elsewhere... but it seems nothing is getting done right now. Not even Flamingo Crossing. It's odd. It's like we're paying for DCA's expansion from Orlando. :lol::lookaroun:(

Well let's be honest here. DCA needs it's refurb and it's got everything underway. We have to be patient. Once that's done we get FL!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If i know he will have to kill me im assuming
:brick:
I dont believe it
Nothing quite that extreme. When you reveal sources that tell you things in confidence they tend to stop telling you things. I think it is safe to assume that he would not like that to happen.

EPCOT Explorer

Uh Ev you put TOD in your post so maybe he was refering to your mistake.Guess typing on 3-4 different sites at same time catches up to you :lol:
Ahhh....Sorry. :eek:

Indirectly you are. WDW makes a profit for TWDC. Disney's profits allow it to pay off debt in a timely fashion and maintain a good credit rating. TWDC can then borrow money to fix DCA, or pay for it directly through the company's profits--some of which came from WDW, but almost none came from Anaheim.

But Disneyland in Anaheim has a large community of vocal fans who spoke up about DCA; bad word of mouth convinced the public not to go to DCA, and now it is getting a $1 Billion fix and WDW is getting stiffed. Maybe WDW fans should speak up more.
Well said, and I agree.

The bolded, though...YES. Lights of Winter is being contested right now. FINALLY. We just need to continue this momentum. :)

This is EXACTLY what happened for DL in the early 2000's.
IDK the way I see it, it's been "done". They re-habbed TTA and Space Mountain, axed Stitch's Supersonic So You Think You Can Celebrate show. Sadly I don't see them doing much else. I mean really Monsters Inc is still relatively new by Disney standards and seems to work just fine. Besides if you replace it; it has to be a theatre attraction anyways. Not a lot of room there. Even less room in the case of SGE.
Nah, it should and might be bigger than that. TTA and SM might set the course, though, which I strongly suspect.

Figment632

This is what I would like to see Eddie Sottos's Sci-FI City.

Sci-Fi City : A whole new Tomorrowland designed by Eddie Sotto, DLP Main Street's show producer. It would have include "Cosmic Way" , the "Main Street" of science fiction with a theming inspired by the Jetsons, Buck Rogers and Rocketeer. And brand new attractions like the "Rocket Bikes" , "Sci-Fi Zoo" an extra terrestrial zoo, "Lunar Rovers" an Autopia version "on the moon" , "Flying Saucers" , an updated version of Rocket Jets and Hyper Space Mountain, an enhanced version of Space Mountain. Probably the best Tomorrowland theming ever done, and unfortunately never built at TDL for various reasons.

image18.jpg

image16.jpg

image17.jpg

PhantomX

This is what I would like to see Eddie Sottos's Sci-FI City.

Sci-Fi City : A whole new Tomorrowland designed by Eddie Sotto, DLP Main Street's show producer. It would have include "Cosmic Way" , the "Main Street" of science fiction with a theming inspired by the Jetsons, Buck Rogers and Rocketeer. And brand new attractions like the "Rocket Bikes" , "Sci-Fi Zoo" an extra terrestrial zoo, "Lunar Rovers" an Autopia version "on the moon" , "Flying Saucers" , an updated version of Rocket Jets and Hyper Space Mountain, an enhanced version of Space Mountain. Probably the best Tomorrowland theming ever done, and unfortunately never built at TDL for various reasons.

image18.jpg

image16.jpg

image17.jpg

I keep seeing this get thrown around here and I want to comment on it even though im sure nobody will listen.

1. As i'm sure you know this was a proposal in the 90s for Tokyo Disneyland. They decided not to greenlight it (because of Tokyo Disneysea). The project is forgotten and now in the archive alongside WRE, Discovery Bay, Beastly Kingdom, and Tomorrowland 2055. None of which will ever be built.
2. In case you can't tell "sci fi city' is just a bigger budget version of WDW's 1994 new tomorrowland theme. Why would they replace the current theme with...the same thing? We already had a scifi city in 1994 and alot of it got replaced with attractions centered around animated movies. The concept has run its course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom