RUMOR! WDW's Tomorrowland Overhaul

EPCOT Explorer

I know what it is... It's the same thing that's left me unemployed TWICE in the past year. (For the first time in over a decade.) The ECONOMY.

If companies, especially entertainment companies like Disney, can't afford to keep their employees right now -- they certainly can't afford extravagant improvements to their client-facing properties. Folks like me have less luxury (i.e. DISNEY) money to go around right now. People are hurtin' BAD! It's a scary thing.

As much as I criticize Disney, the fact that they're going ahead with some major expansion plans on BOTH coasts right now in the middle of this ____*tstorm is pretty admirable. I'm sure these things will all come in due time, but for now I'd honestly say be happy they're even spending $$$ on refurb'ing attractions!
I think you are spot on, 100% right.:wave:

That, and the increased greed of TDO....

TURKEY

If companies, especially entertainment companies like Disney, can't afford to keep their employees right now -- they certainly can't afford extravagant improvements to their client-facing properties. Folks like me have less luxury (i.e. DISNEY) money to go around right now. People are hurtin' BAD! It's a scary thing.

I'd argue that Disney could easily afford to keep their employees, but it would hurt their bottom line, thus hurting the top brass wallets so they wouldn't so they didn't.

You could argue it's the same reason LoW is going away and SM was slashed to what it could have been.

MiklCraw4d

Well, Progress City U.S.A. says it is... I'm not sure about anything coming from the inside though.http://progresscityusa.com/rumored-park-additions/walt-disney-world-resort/

Not to slam myself, but I haven't had time to update that since D23. Things have changed. I haven't had any fresh info on this since at least the spring, possibly last fall. What's weird is that all eyes were on TL to get the fix, and no one was talking about FL. Seriously, everyone seemed to expect FL *and* AL before FL. But then...

Anyway, we all know the Space Mtn refurb was supposed to be more grandiose, and there was also a major pending refurb for the Carousel. There were even plans to replace Stitch. Where that all stands now, I haven't a clue. I'll still keep it on the rumor page, though, in case any of it ever comes back.

But yeah, I have a feeling this'll either be a looooong way off or just done piecemeal over a very long period of time. No Tomorrowland '67, sadly. And I'm sure DL will get theirs first; having been there in September, it needs it!

DisneyParksFan1

Original Poster
Oh well... It's funny DL needs more help on TL then we do, but we needed more help on FYL than they did. I guess this will get fixed in the coming years.

dweezil78

I'd argue that Disney could easily afford to keep their employees, but it would hurt their bottom line, thus hurting the top brass wallets so they wouldn't so they didn't.

You could argue it's the same reason LoW is going away and SM was slashed to what it could have been.

You're probably right, but until Uncle Walt rises from his grave and takes control of his company again, that kind of mentality ain't returning to Disney any time soon. :)

_Scar

After this Space makeover, I doubt TDO is going to do anything else in TLand for a while now.

I think we'd get an Adventureland makeover next followed by Frontierland the after thise and Fatnasyland I think it'd be a perfect time for TDO to building something on the Skyway lot.

I sorta think TLand is one of the least of MK's problems. What do you guys think?

After this Space makeover, I doubt TDO is going to do anything else in TLand for a while now.

I think we'd get an Adventureland makeover next followed by Frontierland the after thise and Fatnasyland I think it'd be a perfect time for TDO to building something on the Skyway lot.

I sorta think TLand is one of the least of MK's problems. What do you guys think?

Not sure that needs much. Probably the best themed land at Magic Kingdom, closely behind would be Adventureland.

Ranking how well theming is, Id go with:
1.Frontierland
2.Adventureland
3.Main Street USA
4.Liberty Square
5.Tomorrowland
6. Fantasyland

The way I see it since Fatasyland was so bad it needed a big overhaul
Next logically would be Tomorrowland ect.
Just how I see it

_Scar

Not sure that needs much. Probably the best themed land at Magic Kingdom, closely behind would be Adventureland.

Ranking how well theming is, Id go with:
1.Frontierland
2.Adventureland
3.Main Street USA
4.Liberty Square
5.Tomorrowland
6. Fantasyland

The way I see it since Fatasyland was so bad it needed a big overhaul
Next logically would be Tomorrowland ect.
Just how I see it

What makes TLand so bad?

I thouht ourn Liberty Square is our best themed land followed by Frontierland. :lol::lookaroun

Jasonflz

Tland doesn't need a re-theming. They just need to gut all the attractions and bring in some well themed and cohesive ones.

surfsupdon

I thought Tomorrowland was being rethemed----to Fantasyland South. Didn't that start with the Stitch/ Monsters Inc Combo...

Bairstow

I haven't been to Disney World since 2004, so my view is probably dated to the point of irrelevance, but I really, really liked the Tomorrowland of 1999. This was when the "tomorrow of the past" theming was in full effect and everything had a great Jules Verne meets Sonic the Hedgehog vibe (Copper robots and aluminum palm trees). All the major attractions were very cohesive too, if I remember correctly. The queue videos for Space Mountain referenced the XS-Tech company from Alien Encounter, the Wedway People Mover anncounements talked about Space Mountain, and the Astro Orbiter mentioned the Wedway People Mover. The speedway was just there, but what are you going to do?

I'm assuming all the current theming problems stem from the Stitch/Pixar tie-in attractions, right? Hooray for SYNERGY!

I think tomorrowland at night is probably my favorite themed area in all of WDW, assuming they haven't mucked too much with it since I was last there.
http://images1.fanpop.com/images/ph...t-night-walt-disney-world-1753496-738-492.jpg
http://digital-wdw.com/mk/tomorrow/_images/Mk-Tomorrowland-Night7.jpg

imagineer boy

A full overhaul is planned. Not yet though.

Full overhaul? I'm hoping that only means attractions and not the exterior look of the land right? Because I think the avenue of the planets looks great and doesn't need to be changed. I do hope its just for the attractions like SGE and MILF.

EPCOT Explorer

Not to slam myself, but I haven't had time to update that since D23. Things have changed. I haven't had any fresh info on this since at least the spring, possibly last fall. What's weird is that all eyes were on TL to get the fix, and no one was talking about FL. Seriously, everyone seemed to expect FL *and* AL before FL. But then...

Anyway, we all know the Space Mtn refurb was supposed to be more grandiose, and there was also a major pending refurb for the Carousel. There were even plans to replace Stitch. Where that all stands now, I haven't a clue. I'll still keep it on the rumor page, though, in case any of it ever comes back.

But yeah, I have a feeling this'll either be a looooong way off or just done piecemeal over a very long period of time. No Tomorrowland '67, sadly. And I'm sure DL will get theirs first; having been there in September, it needs it!
That might still be in the works, seeing the CoP has gotten a bit of love, as of late. Not enough, but some, still.

And from what I heard of the plans....WOW.:D
You're probably right, but until Uncle Walt rises from his grave and takes control of his company again, that kind of mentality ain't returning to Disney any time soon. :)
It kinda happened to DL in 2003...:lookaroun

Attractions wise, it's fine. It's aesthetics just need help, and only half of the place does. It can easily be done without full closure, just like FL and MSUSA have. I hope that happens, if anything.

A full overhaul is planned. Not yet though.
:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom