RUMOR: Tomorrowland Terrace to be Converted Into Themed Restaurant

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Circa 1990

image.png

rucifee

If we wait long enough the rumor will turn out to be true. You can't see that restaurant remaining in limbo forever, it is way past time to do something there.

They are doing something with it, it's called rot. That summer menu when it was open, wow gross! AT LEAST WE CAN OVERPRICED DESSERT PARTY! :hilarious::joyfull::greedy:

Cmdr_Crimson

I think the idea of it being an Astronomer's Club is precisely that it will link the Victorian world of Main Street USA with Tomorrowland. I would be very surprised if the restaurant wasn't open from both ends. Otherwise, why bother with that particular "transitional" theme?

See the thing is if they did it would have to be inclosed making it much bigger for more seating..The walkway is quite big and considering how wide it is..

DisneyFans4Life

See the thing is if they did it would have to be inclosed making it much bigger for more seating..The walkway is quite big and considering how wide it is..
I was thinking they would have to enclose it as well. I guess technically you could get away with a TS meal being outside...but probably not the smartest idea. If they were to enclose it, I hope they leave the terrace portion for the dessert party.

Magenta Panther

On Episode 90 of The Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish podcast, Jim Hill reported that Disney is considering re-working Tomorrowland Terrace as a themed restaurant. One concept would be the "Astronomer's Club where an Adventurer's Club style option would feature astronomers as the entertainment.

But...just how entertaining ARE astronomers?

JohnD

They should replace the roof with a full functioning planetarium. Who doesn't want to eat inside a planetarium?

The cuisine could be Polish food in honor of Copernicus. Or something else.

That's already being done at Planet Hollywood in DS. Why do it twice?

Bocabear

It would be amazing if they resurrected this old plan and made this location relevant again...It would also give them table service restaurants evenly spread around the park...Which are needed! It would be wonderful to have another well themed dining experience in the park.

HiYa Pal

Would this be too similar to the re-theme of the Planet Hollywood in the springs? Or would it be more like what's in DLP? (I think it would be amazing to be Victorian steam punk melding in to the sort of retro modern that they seem to be taking TL with the new paint schemes so far) Love the idea of the planetarium ceiling!

The Empress Lilly

The Tomorrowland Terrace to be converted into themed restaurant?

But...but...the TT is a themed restaurant!

It is themed to the hilt! The problem is that its surroundings have lost their theme, leaving the TT an orphan. Like Rémi in Alone in the World, a little foundling with forgotten noble ancestry, now walking the roads dressed in rags.

Is there a more beautiful theme than this?
PlazaPavilionDusk.png

Nick Pappagiorgio

I've never understood why you can order milkshakes with your meal at the Plaza Restaurant, but not from the parlor. The parlor makes the milkshakes for the Plaza!!

I managed a dip shop for a while and shakes take a long time to make. My guess is that they would slow up the line too much. We used to have the same problem. You have all of their sundaes and cones done but they are still waiting on a hand dipped shake. It is easier to do when they are seated in a restaurant and one order doesn't hold things up.

Next Big Thing

It would be amazing if they resurrected this old plan and made this location relevant again...It would also give them table service restaurants evenly spread around the park...Which are needed! It would be wonderful to have another well themed dining experience in the park.
I can think of two TS restaurants within sight of the TT. If this were to actually happen, it would make 7 TS restaurants in the park - A rapid climb from the 4 that it had before BOG opened. One of the last things they need to get done as far as food service goes (after TT) would be the Diamond Horseshoe. The problem becomes MK is in need of more QS restaurants and DH is clearly suited as more of a TS restaurant.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I managed a dip shop for a while and shakes take a long time to make. My guess is that they would slow up the line too much. We used to have the same problem. You have all of their sundaes and cones done but they are still waiting on a hand dipped shake. It is easier to do when they are seated in a restaurant and one order doesn't hold things up.
Enough of your logic! We wants real milkshakes. :joyfull:

Chris82

That's already being done at Planet Hollywood in DS. Why do it twice?
Ha didn't know that they were doing that at Planet Hollywood. Guess that means that the answer to my question, "Who wouldn't want to eat inside a planetarium?" is "Me, if the food is as bad as the last time I went to Planet Hollywood." Blugh. Also too loud and obnoxious. Of course, this re-theme sounds pretty serious, and like it includes a new menu, so who knows? Maybe I should keep an open mind...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom