RUMOR: Tomorrowland Terrace to be Converted Into Themed Restaurant

wdwfan4ver

I don't trust the rumor due it being Jim Hill, but I wouldn't be shocked if there is truth to it since MK is getting around 300 to 350 million dollars like Epcot is. The money I am referring to is part of the budget the Board of Directors approved back in July that a majority of the money goes to DHS. I believe Tomorrowland Terrace isn't open all year round and that is something that MK can't have. This is a type of an additional I can see money being spent by Disney.

dizda

More themed table service would be nice, but better quick service options are also needed, especially in Tomorrowland. Yes, I am talking Lunching Pad. Put it out of our misery before touching TT.

Miss Heinous

The Astronomer's Club was actually planned to be part of a early version of the Tomorrowland remodel, when it was going to be more like Discoveryland from Disneyland Paris.
Astronomers%2BClub.jpg

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Oh Jim Hill... I'm still waiting for that Adventurer's Club moving to Animal Kingdom rumor to happen.
It's a rumor, it's the nature of the beast. He was also first with the following info:
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Art of Animation
  • C3PO as Captain in Star Tours 2.0
  • Third Theater for Soarin'
He also phrased it as this is something they're considering. That does not scream guaranteed to me.

Chris82

The Astronomer's Club was actually planned to be part of a early version of the Tomorrowland remodel, when it was going to be more like Discoveryland from Disneyland Paris.

Hmm... I don't know about that particular aesthetic, though. It looks like it belongs at DisneySea maybe, but would not be terribly plausible in either MK's kitschy Tomorrowland or its flower-and-frosting Main Street USA.

Haymarket2008

I understand why people would be skeptical of Jim, but he's been pretty correct with the past 2 years of news. And rumors can have validity to them. They just might not come to fruition.

doctornick

I would love to see this come to fruition. TL could use a quality table service and it's such an underused location.

It certainly seems plausible given the trends at MK to open previously shuttered/seasonal location. Seems they now have been recognizing the need for more food service in the park.

mm121

this would be great

its never made much sense to me having so much under utilized space in the parks

was TT ever open year round?

and i definitely see the appeal of making this an enclosed air conditioned space

Nmoody1

Oh Jim Hill... I'm still waiting for that Adventurer's Club moving to Animal Kingdom rumor to happen.

I'm surprised they didn't bring it to the lodge - like trader Sam's at the Poly. I was kind of hopeful they would!

Totally hope the TT rumour comes true though... such a waste of space... and quite depressing!

Jon81uk

That's already being done at Planet Hollywood in DS. Why do it twice?

Would this be too similar to the re-theme of the Planet Hollywood in the springs? Or would it be more like what's in DLP? (I think it would be amazing to be Victorian steam punk melding in to the sort of retro modern that they seem to be taking TL with the new paint schemes so far) Love the idea of the planetarium ceiling!

I don't think Planet Hollywood will be going that far down the Planetarium theme. I'm sure I read that most of the memorabilia will stay and the theme is that you are seeing "stars" as in celebrities. So although the exterior will be Planetarium and some interior aspects will reflect it, overall it will still be Planet Hollywood.

Cosmic Commando

Astronomers%2BClub.jpg

The thing that I really wonder, though, is if Disney thinks this area is a problem? The dessert packages have obviously been selling well, given the recent price increase. They might just see it as a place that makes them a boatload of money that only has to be staffed three hours per night. If anything, I could see them remodeling the kitchen here to make the desserts on-site instead of trucking them in like they currently do.

I also don't understand how they would build a themed restaurant with a big walkway through the middle of it... would this be the end of the shortcut?

My idea for a cool Tomorrowland restaurant would be basically the above, except in the design aesthetic of our Tomorrowland instead of Discoveryland. I don't even think you need live entertainment; just make it a beautiful space with an "invisible oxygen dome" ceiling for HD projections of space objects. A large projection surface, so that it sort of gave you the feeling of eating "outside" in space would be awesome.

Communicore

Bring back the 90's Plaza Pavilion! We had sort of a rivalry with them, since we had the same costumes Cosmic's CM's didn't want to be mistaken for PP cast members and vice versa. However I had more friends there!

Bocabear

I also don't understand how they would build a themed restaurant with a big walkway through the middle of it... would this be the end of the shortcut?[/QUOTE]
They could have a dining room on a second floor over top of the current walkway...or route the walkway around the outdoor perimeter where the current terrace is....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom