RUMOR: Tomorrowland Terrace to be Converted Into Themed Restaurant

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
On Episode 90 of The Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish podcast, Jim Hill reported that Disney is considering re-working Tomorrowland Terrace as a themed restaurant. One concept would be the "Astronomer's Club where an Adventurer's Club style option would feature astronomers as the entertainment.

*Q*

Wasn't that an old concept for the 1994 New Tomorrowland? It was to be tied in with The Timekeeper next door, as an interactive restaurant where he has brought famous historical figures to, right?

flyerjab

This would not surprise me at all considering the success of BoG in FL, coupled with the likely success that will be the Skipper's Cantina in AL. I have thought all along that once WDW sees how successful a restaurant can be at bringing in people if it has decent food and is over-the-top with theming, that each land will have something eventually. Currently, TL has Cosmic Ray's as a full-time, completely bloated location. There is also the Launch Pad - enough said. TL needs a TS restaurant IMHO that is open year round.

Rodan75

I'm all for Tomorrowland Terrace being transformed into a TS restaurant. TT has only been a path around the crazy hub for me for years, so now that new Hub works, doing something with TT makes sense. Not sure I like the 'Astronomer's Club' idea though...

DisneyFans4Life

This would be cool. In all the years I've gone to MK, I've never eaten at the TL except for the dessert party. I'm curious to see what would happen with the dessert; is that something that would continue if this plan comes to fruition?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
If we wait long enough the rumor will turn out to be true. You can't see that restaurant remaining in limbo forever, it is way past time to do something there.

most definitely... and now with some of the extra walkways using the new hub area they could close up that walkway to tomorrowland through there as well

JohnD

On Episode 90 of The Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish podcast, Jim Hill reported that Disney is considering re-working Tomorrowland Terrace as a themed restaurant. One concept would be the "Astronomer's Club where an Adventurer's Club style option would feature astronomers as the entertainment.

You're right. It's a rumor. But if Adventureland Veranda can converted into TS, then I guess Tomorrowland Terrace could be also.

Chris82

Better it being something than nothing....Although it will be a shame losing the side path to Tomorrowland...

I think the idea of it being an Astronomer's Club is precisely that it will link the Victorian world of Main Street USA with Tomorrowland. I would be very surprised if the restaurant wasn't open from both ends. Otherwise, why bother with that particular "transitional" theme?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom