Rumor: Tomorrowland name change

MerlinTheGoat

I just figured he deserved a little more credit than being automatically written off as the usual "fake insider" troll we tend to see out of Twitter. If only because he has been accurate about CoP and some other general Tomorrowland info. He could indeed be limited to a small area of information and not have real info from higher up, but in this case i'd prefer to wait and see what unfolds before making any assumptions.

For the record, he seems to think Rock 'n Roller Coaster is on the table for GotG (not necessarily Tower of Terror?) Or perhaps I misread, here's the tweet-
https://twitter.com/CarouselOf/status/792141919723876353

He also made a comment a couple days ago saying that Stitch was already dismantled and gone (it's supposedly only seasonal and I haven't seen any other posts about it for a few weeks).
https://twitter.com/CarouselOf/status/791349847081127936

Last edited:

jt04

If this is true it is clear that means Future World will become more Tomorrowlandish. All the pieces of the puzzle are falling neatly into place.

As I have already foreseen and shared freely on these boards.

Magic Feather

I just figured he deserved a little more credit than being automatically written off as the usual "fake insider" troll we tend to see out of Twitter. If only because he has been accurate about CoP and some other general Tomorrowland info. He could indeed be limited to a small area of information and not have real info from higher up, but I guess we'll see.

For the record, he seems to think Rock 'n Roller Coaster is on the table for GotG (not necessarily Tower of Terror?) Or perhaps I misread, here's the tweet-

He also made a comment a couple days ago saying that Stitch was already dismantled and gone (it's supposedly only seasonal and I haven't seen any other posts about it for a few weeks).
1: It was a proposal, but I think it was disregarded.
2: I believe Theater A's work has begun. But not both.

AndyS2992

jnsjns.jpg

:cautious:

No Name

This name change makes little no sense, especially considering the work that has been put into tomorrowland recently. The new CoP sign and the purple metallic rocks seem more "Tomorrow" than "Discovery". Even without those changes, it still just makes very little sense sense. Not only will the change upset more than it will please, the land right now looks generally futuristic. Tomorrowland is a perfectly applicable name.

I don't get it, and yet I fear that it is true, simply becuase it makes no sense.

spacemt354

Chili's
This name change makes little no sense, especially considering the work that has been put into tomorrowland recently. The new CoP sign and the purple metallic rocks seem more "Tomorrow" than "Discovery". Even without those changes, it still just makes very little sense sense. Not only will the change upset more than it will please, the land right now looks generally futuristic. Tomorrowland is a perfectly applicable name.

I don't get it, and yet I fear that it is true, simply becuase it makes no sense.
They'd have to change the audio on the "Tomorrowland" Transit Authority Peoplemover as well...just seems like an unnecessary change and more of a hassle than anything.

If it aint broke, don't fix it?:bored:

There's plenty of broken things in Disney - this isn't one of them. Though like you said, recent Disney logic appears to be...let's change what actually works and leave the broken unattended. Makes sense.

Magenta Panther

I just figured he deserved a little more credit than being automatically written off as the usual "fake insider" troll we tend to see out of Twitter. If only because he has been accurate about CoP and some other general Tomorrowland info. He could indeed be limited to a small area of information and not have real info from higher up, but in this case i'd prefer to wait and see what unfolds before making any assumptions.

OH, I hope he's right about GotG going into the Coaster. I can see how that would work. The Aerosmith film at the beginning of the ride could easily be replaced by a film with the raccoon and giant celery stalk or whatever Groot is. Then guests get on an escape shuttle or something and escape from the bad guys. There! A repurposed ride that's actually about a movie (unlike RnRC) and isn't a clone of the atrocity taking place at DCA. Win-win!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They'd have to change the audio on the "Tomorrowland" Transit Authority Peoplemover as well...just seems like an unnecessary change and more of a hassle than anything.

If it aint broke, don't fix it?:bored:

There's plenty of broken things in Disney - this isn't one of them. Though like you said, recent Disney logic appears to be...let's change what actually works and leave the broken unattended. Makes sense.

"Paging Mr. Overy, Mr. Disc Overy." ;)

DisneyPrincess5

Ummmm I'm confused. Just why?
Why would they change the name? What value does entirely changing the name of a classic land that has been in existence for 45 years at WDW have? Does it indicate that they're changing the entire focus of the land? Otherwise I cannot see why this would occur. Even at that, this is a big and bold move.
Well, I'll still call it Tomorrowland so who cares.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom