Rumor: Tomorrowland name change

DinoInstitute

Well I think it makes sense to change the name of Tomorrowland and Future World, seeing as though the concepts of both are currently poorly implemented.

Discoveryland is arguably more in line with Adventureland' and Fantasyland...and would instantly solve the problem of "that isn't very futuristic".
I wouldn't mind Future World being renamed to Discoveryland, seeing as how the theme of discovery and progress really are better terms to describe EPCOT if you had to do it in one word. "Tomorrowland" though is just too iconic to change for me, even if it is slightly poorly named.

Cmdr_Crimson

All it needs is a good Frozen overlay!! lol
1b8.png

Bocabear

The name "Tomorrowland" is as iconic as "Fantasyland"...It is fine to change the name if you are, say in another country that speaks another language and has not gown up with the Magic Kingdom, but to change the name in a 45 year old park is just ridiculous... I still cant remember the new name for the studios park and everyone still refers to it as MGM... the public will not accept a "Discoveryland" moniker... I think it is absolutely ridiculous.

rael ramone

The name "Tomorrowland" is as iconic as "Fantasyland"...It is fine to change the name if you are, say in another country that speaks another language and has not gown up with the Magic Kingdom, but to change the name in a 45 year old park is just ridiculous... I still cant remember the new name for the studios park and everyone still refers to it as MGM... the public will not accept a "Discoveryland" moniker... I think it is absolutely ridiculous.

Maybe they want the public to forget the Tomorrowland film.....

Those that remember way back when, or if you have some of the Walt Disney Treasures sets, or even if you have walked through the One Man's Dream attraction - you see that Tomorrowland was one of the 4 core themes of Disneyland, and was before the park was even opened.

Those 4 areas (along with MSUSA) were replicated in the MK. It wasn't until Tokyo Disneyland where they started to alter the names of the lands... But I don't believe they have ever opened a park with the original Walt era names, then after the fact changed them...

jt04

It may cost too much $ for TDO to ever change the name. Audio, maps, signs, etc, would need to be changed. All to quiet the few of us that note there is nothing Tomorrow-like in Tomorrowland? Odds would be against the change. We certainly do not want it.

The 'TDO is cheap' meme died when they broke ground for Disney Springs. And Pandora. And Star Wars Land. And Toy Story Land. And..... to be announced.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Take me now. Just take me!

Well, I guess this is a wait and see game, like all others. Still though, I'm scratching my head on this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom