[Rumor] Rock n Roller Coaster Starring Olivia Rodrigo

GinaD613

She played the lead in the movie for American Girl’s 2015 Girl of the Year Grace Thomas. “Grace Stirs It Up” I was not impressed. I collect the dolls, and I prefer the doll.
image.jpg

Fox&Hound

I suspect RnRC will get a re-theme whenever they tear down and replace the whole area: Animation courtyard, Little Mermaid, One man's dream, and Disney Jr. I think it will happen, but they will milk Galaxy's Edge for a bit more, and then when excitement dies down they will announce this as a new land. Hopefully we get an E-ticket and some smaller B/C/A attractions in the area as well to round out the offerings.

Pepper's Ghost

Is this discussion still happening? Holy cow. Seriously, would any of us appreciate a countdown to launch that wasn't Steven Tyler? I mean, how awful would a launch countdown be from Olivia whatever-her-name-is??? I'll say it again, if not Aerosmith, I can only picture Metallica replacing them for the ride as is, but what would be the point. 🤣

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Is this discussion still happening? Holy cow. Seriously, would any of us appreciate a countdown to launch that wasn't Steven Tyler? I mean, how awful would a launch countdown be from Olivia whatever-her-name-is??? I'll say it again, if not Aerosmith, I can only picture Metallica replacing them for the ride as is, but what would be the point. 🤣

Queen

Launch countdown no longer necessary. Just clapping and stomping at that point. Everybody knows the timing.

Or you could splice together some old footage or get a Freddie voice double (looking at you Marc Martel) that could do a Freddie countdown. “4 dahling, 3 dahling, 2 dahling, go.

Last edited:

Pepper's Ghost

Queen

Launch countdown no longer necessary. Just clapping and stomping at that point. Everybody knows the timing.

Or you could splice together some old footage or get a Freddie voice double (looking at you Marc Martel) that could do a Freddie countdown. “4 dahling, 3 dahling, 2 dahling, go.
LOVE Queen! Countdown doesn't work though. The whole "dahling" thing isn't really gonna rock like Steven Tyler. 🤣 Now, the rest of the ride with Queen, absolutely. They've got some kick @ss songs for the ride.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
It’d be really tough to soundtrack that.

So many songs coming out of launch. I’d go Tie Your Mother Down into I Want to Break Free. But where do the others go. Where do you put Rhapsody snippets. I mean that’s got to be the picture spot, right? I think the only one I’m kinda sold on is It’s a Kind of Magic has to be pre-show

Incomudro

LOVE Queen! Countdown doesn't work though. The whole "dahling" thing isn't really gonna rock like Steven Tyler. 🤣 Now, the rest of the ride with Queen, absolutely. They've got some kick @ss songs for the ride.
Might as well just stick with Aerosmith than switch things to another classic rock band who's famous lead singer passed away 30 years ago.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a classic rock fan - I love Queen as well as Aerosmith, I was in my teens in the mid 70's.
But I see no point in swapping out one classic rock band for another.
If and when this ride is updated, if it stays musical it would need to be with a band that is current and that has potentially many more productive years left in their career.
Such a band would need to be edgy enough to go with the image of this ride, some light pop act wouldn't work.
Oh, and the act would need to have at least one huge song that is known across a wide range of ages, and musical demographics.
This ride is supposed to be exciting.
Metallica is about the only band I could think of that fits that - Enter Sandman is a song that fits that bill.
But they're probably too heavy, and they're all around 60 years old now.
If a musical act isn't used, than Disney will have to come up with something else that fits.

Last edited:

Pepper's Ghost

Might as well just stick with Aerosmith than switch things to another classic rock band who's famous lead singer passed away 20 years ago.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a classic rock fan - I love Queen as well as Aerosmith, I was in my teens in the mid 70's.
But I see no point in swapping out one classic rock band for another.
If and when this ride is updated, if it stays musical it would need to be with a band that is current and that has potentially many more productive years left in their career.
Such a band would need to be edgy enough to go with the image of this ride, some light pop act wouldn't work.
Oh, and the act would need to have at least one huge song that is known across a wide range of ages, and musical demographics.
This ride is supposed to be exciting.
Metallica is about the only band I could think of that fits that - Enter Sandman is a song that fits that bill.
But they're probably too heavy, and they're all around 60 years old now.
If a musical act isn't used, than Disney will have to come up with something else that fits.
100% agree. I just can't get back losing Steven scream the countdown. That part really gets the adrenaline going. I said way earlier in this ridiculous thread, the only other group I could see pull this ride off is Metallica, but again, what's the point when it's perfect with Aerosmith.

Btw, to the OP who was probably on Olivia's PR team, you starting this thread has actually caused me to hate Olivia whatever her name is. Any time I've seen her name mentioned, I experience small bursts of severe anger. This thread has caused me to seek therapy.

Have this play for the entire duration of the ride. Every ride. Every seat. Debate settled.

Oh lord. Any time I hear that song, I think of this...

Incomudro

100% agree. I just can't get back losing Steven scream the countdown. That part really gets the adrenaline going. I said way earlier in this ridiculous thread, the only other group I could see pull this ride off is Metallica, but again, what's the point when it's perfect with Aerosmith.

Btw, to the OP who was probably on Olivia's PR team, you starting this thread has actually caused me to hate Olivia whatever her name is. Any time I've seen her name mentioned, I experience small bursts of severe anger. This thread has caused me to seek therapy.

Oh lord. Any time I hear that song, I think of this...

Precisely.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Sounds like the Rolling Stones to me...

Kingoglow

Not sure why you think this is a criteria. Do you think Disney will all of a sudden start updating this ride ever few years to follow the trajectory of the band? No, Disney is more of a fire and forget kind of operation.

If this attraction still needs to be tied to a band, I think it would be better for Disney to pick another mega band that has aged out (I suggest Guns & Roses). If they choose a band from today's generation (if you can even categorize autotune and music generated by a computer, a band...) there is the chance for major public fallout; then Disney is stuck with a ride based on damaged IP.

good4uinsider

Original Poster
Hi everyone!

I really appreciate all the thoughtful and engaged responses to this thread. As it has been 2 years since this rumor originated, I wanted to provide an update on the status of this project. According to my source, Olivia is still being considered as the replacement act, as her popularity has only grown in the past two years and she is clearly a generational talent. In the past few months, she has landed yet another #1 single (the effortlessly dynamic, Adele-meets-Broadway, genre-shifting single "vampire") and another top-ten single (my personal favorite, "bad idea right?", which contains self-critical humor and self-critical confession in equal measure) to her catalog, and her new album is filled with even more potential hits (the snarky singalong "get him back!", the opener "all american" swings between whispered elegance and screamed anguish, the impassioned ballad "pretty isn't pretty" throws a sledgehammer at beauty standards and the beauty industry while it looks inward to ask why we are so desperate for something so transparently fraught). Which brings me to mention, Olivia's sophomore record, "Guts" is out now! The record has received critical acclaim from publications such as Pitchfork and Rolling Stone magazine, and is expected to surpass the first week sales of her excellent debut album "Sour". Not to mention, it may be the soundtrack for a certain refurbished roller coaster at Walt Disney World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom