Rumor: Monsters Coaster at MGM

jmuboy

Vekoma makes an off the shelf "family" Jr Inverted Coaster. I bet a custom built version could easily be built and housed indoors to create this ride.

DisneyparkFreak

So something like peter pans flight just plussed a little? The pirate ships are the same concept as an inverted rollercoaster right? Track above, ride car below?

MickeyManiac02

I think it could be a great coaster. I myself could envision the coaster car being in the shape of a long monster with multiple rows of seats. (imagine dueling dragons type car but themed to a monster as opposed to a dragon). They could use a similar technique to the RnRC black light scenes to have the coaster go through door after door and travel through different rooms in the human world as well as the big door room in the monster world. I think it could potentially be a great ride. :shrug:

Personally, I'd be glad to see any ride at DHS. It's my favorite park of all of them and it's time for some TLC! :)

tazhughes

For any of you that have been to Hersheypark I would imagine this would turn out to be a longer version of the roller soaker. The Roller Soaker is an inverted coaster with two seats facing forward and two facing back and it moves at a very moderate speed with a couple of quick turns (think wild mouse style). This coaster could be lengthened, put in a show building and themed to the door scene very easily. That ride would be very family friendly, I would certainly take my girls on it.

Here's a link to the ride:
http://www.hersheypa.com/attractions/hersheypark/rides/detail.php?q=yes&id=75

Laura

In fact, I can personally promise you all right now that this rumor is false.

Monster's Inc Magical Flying Doors is not going to happen - ever. I can guarantee that to you right this very minute.

I can say with 100% certainty, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that there is absolutely no way this attraction will ever be built.

I think speaking in absolutes is idiotic, especially when you're only guessing. :shrug:

I'm sure there are only a handful of people in the universe who know whether or not this attraction will be built, and I am willing to bet the 3 of you are not those people.

kcnole

I dont think you understand what an Inverted coaster is.

An Inverted coaster is not a coaster which has "Invesions", an Inverted coaster is a coaster that is under the rails rather than on top. Think Duelling Dragons at IOA

I did not, thank you for clarifying. I thought inverted meant that the coaster had inversions. If they can make this into a family ride then I'm all for it. I've always thought a dark ride through this scene would be fun. If they do it well then it could be great.

Wiidrone

I wouldn't mind a coaster based off the door chase sequence but I don't want it to be inverted. We already have one inverted coaster in MGM, DHS, whatever the park is. If its going to be a Monsters coaster it needs to be a family coaster that we can all enjoy together. I will be very very unhappy if we put another inverted coaster in the park.

WDI needs to look back at Walts words for why he first invented the parks. He wanted a place where the whole family could have fun together. Inverted coasters do not even come close to reaching the whole family, certainly not together.

There are plenty of family rides without worrying about one rollercoaster.

WaltsApprentice

But is it really necessary to keep reusing the same movies over and over again in different attractions?

Nemo has the entire Seas pavilion at Epcot, including both the seacabs and Turtle Talk, and a big stage show at AK (not to mention the subs in California)...

Toy Story has Space Ranger Spin, the Pizza Planet/Al's Toy Barn area, Woody's Roundup, and the new TSM...

Monsters Inc. already has the Laugh Floor at MK and a dark ride in California; do we really need one more Monsters Inc. attraction in the parks?

I'm all for theming attractions to movies, and I don't have anything against Pixar like some folks do. They're part of Disney now, after all, and they've been very successful. But I start feeling burned out on some of these movies when I experience them again and again and again in various attractions! There are plenty of Disney classics with no attractions at all, and plenty of ideas to be explored outside of Disney's animated film library.

-p.b. :cool:

They have all those nemo rides in the seas pavillion...because its called "The Seas with nemo and friends" you surely wouldn't have some other character themeing in the sea cabs? I don't understand the complate

I DO agree with you on the fact that they keep using the same three pixar films with rides...well they do have Bug land in CA but just talking about WDW for right now.... There are other Pixar movies they could use if they have to... I think a Incribles roller coaster would fit it better. But I agree with you on using the same storyline or characters in similar situations is getting a little long drawn! But I have nothing against Pixar invasion...just let the other movies join in with the invasion.. :) But yet again...this is just a crazy rumor that may never happen:hammer: Just made to make us go crazy!!

WaltsApprentice

For any of you that have been to Hersheypark I would imagine this would turn out to be a longer version of the roller soaker. The Roller Soaker is an inverted coaster with two seats facing forward and two facing back and it moves at a very moderate speed with a couple of quick turns (think wild mouse style). This coaster could be lengthened, put in a show building and themed to the door scene very easily. That ride would be very family friendly, I would certainly take my girls on it.

Oh I have been on it... the whole main reason for us going to that park when we were up there lol.... its a very sad park compared to Disney...nice ...but nothing compared :( But thats another discussion.... But I road that freezing cold....very fun but I wouldn't use the water part for the Disney version... it would fit better at our water parks.... but if you just remove the water and use the coaster and setting style...it would be very cool! And it sits four seats for the whole family :) Thanks for the idea!:wave:

imagineer boy

We don't need another Monsters Inc ride! We already have an incredibly crappy one at the MK, and we don't need one in the studios. And please for the love of god, enough of the Pixar based rides! I love the movies, but it really is getting too much!

WaltsApprentice

We don't need another Monsters Inc ride! We already have an incredibly crappy one at the MK, and we don't need one in the studios. And please for the love of god, enough of the Pixar based rides! I love the movies, but it really is getting too much!

I don't mind them but... I would more prefer a rides that is not based on a movie... keep those in fantasyland or DHS let get some orginal storyline rides...something completely different. Wasn't Fantasyland created for walt to place his animated storys in? But since it is going into DHS its okay but maybe not Monsters Inc maybe a different Pixar movie.

OH, By the way.... when I was at Disneyland on their ghetto Monorail the voice over the speaker stated Tomorrowland's theme.... " This is Tomorrowland, a land inspired by science fact and science fantasy." I know is Disneyland...but I thought I should share.

I just thought it was interesting... I know I'm digressing but everyone always complains about the theming and Pixar takeover...please don't hurt me for bring it up...:) here is the link the the script and many other attraction scripts :) enjoy
http://sorcerersworkshop.org/monorail.shtml
http://members.aol.com/tdciago/Scripts.html

Fun2BFree

They have all those nemo rides in the seas pavillion...because its called "The Seas with nemo and friends" you surely wouldn't have some other character themeing in the sea cabs? I don't understand the complate

The pavilion used to be called the Living Seas before Nemo launched his takeover bid. Besides, I always thought that the Little Mermaid might have been a better way to go, if they HAD to use a movie franchise.

I've rode that. It was alright -- definately not the best ride I've been on. I don't think Disney should do something like that. The lines are always really long because of the lack of number of riders that can ride per hour. Disney needs a great ride that lots of people can fit on. How about something like the Great Bear? Now that is an awesome coaster, and one that even 10 year-olds enjoy.

GothMickey

I think speaking in absolutes is idiotic, especially when you're only guessing. :shrug:

I'm sure there are only a handful of people in the universe who know whether or not this attraction will be built, and I am willing to bet the 3 of you are not those people.

Only a Sith lord deals in absolutes. And that leads to the dark side of the force.

WaltsApprentice

The pavilion used to be called the Living Seas before Nemo launched his takeover bid. Besides, I always thought that the Little Mermaid might have been a better way to go, if they HAD to use a movie franchise.

I remember that little quiet Living Seas...my brother and I loved the movie we always thought the narration was great...and for the longest time I always believed you were really going down below lol...ha I was such a fool lol But ya if they really wanted to update it I think would have been cool to put some Little mermaid referance, better singer...no point in creating any new songs...But then of course if they did make it people would be mad because there was the show at MGM... I know its an annoying statement but..you just can't make everyone happy... ever..

SeanC

For all those complaining about more pixar rides...this area of DHS is CALLED Pixar Place...with luck this means new Pixar rides will go there and not in the other areas where you don't want them...

BRER STITCH

...think of an updated version of Peter Pan using an off the shelf system Disney can buy and run at slower speeds on a track.

FINALLY!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Somebody figured it out!!!

BRAVO to UKLAD for being the first one catch on!

Take one new-technology "Peter Pan" ride, add a little "Monsters" theming and Disney magic...and POOF! The best new kids coaster in the country!

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

WaltsApprentice

For all those complaining about more pixar rides...this area of DHS is CALLED Pixar Place...with luck this means new Pixar rides will go there and not in the other areas where you don't want them...

THANK YOU.. at least someone said it! :sohappy:...but the key is... will they listen? :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom