Politics RUMOR: Lin Manuel Miranda and Weird Al to Redo Hall of Presidents

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

The Empress Lilly

The Declaration is interesting, but for actual legal impact, the Constitution is more relevant. You could assign different clauses and amendments to each of the 45 to explain, and could probably take up the whole day with the presentation.
I would book a ticket right now if that were on offer, maskless hordes be damned!

If your proposal sounds unrealistic, it is not that far off from the WDW of the previous generation, the last one to read books and thus have a six second plus attention span.

The Magic Kingdom of 1987 was devoted to 200 years US Constitution. With a parade, exhibit, live music. Liberty Square in particular was transformed. I loved it so much!

I bought facsimiles of the founding texts of America. My teenage self could recite large chunks of them for years afterwards

Trees, well dressed sober guests, and the Constitution as the highlight of the MK. Different times!
CDDP479571.jpg

Communicore

I would book a ticket right now if that were on offer, maskless hordes be damned!

If your proposal sounds unrealistic, it is not that far off from the WDW of the previous generation, the last one to read books and thus have a six second plus attention span.

The Magic Kingdom of 1987 was devoted to 200 years US Constitution. With a parade, exhibit, live music. Liberty Square in particular was transformed. I loved it so much!

I bought facsimiles of the founding texts of America. My teenage self could recite large chunks of them for years afterwards

Trees, well dressed sober guests, and the Constitution as the highlight of the MK. Different times!
View attachment 482515
Darn, this was a thing back then? It seems EPCOT Center-ish!

MrConbon

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I also think he’s the only person who has ever written the music and lyrics AND played the starring role in a Tony Award Winning musical. (Oh yeah... and he did it twice.)
Talented writer. Horrible actor.

Love the guy, but he should’ve originally just cast an actually good actor to play Hamilton. His own acting ability was the weakness in the original show. (Obviously it didn’t hurt the show hardly at all but still! Coulda been perfect.)

TrainsOfDisney

Love the guy, but he should’ve originally just cast an actually good actor to play Hamilton. His own acting ability was the weakness in the original show. (Obviously it didn’t hurt the show hardly at all but still! Coulda been perfect.)

I certainly wouldn’t say he’s a horrible actor. He was perfect for in the heights. I think part of the appeal is having the writer be the star... kinda like when they had Sting in “Last Ship”

But I will say I saw Austin Scott last year as Hamilton on broadway and yeah... he added a lot of really nice touches to the part. He aged with the character so subtly and yet so perfectly. If I was given the choice tomorrow to see Lin or Austin? Tough one...

Tony Perkis

Somebody saw him in Hamilton, agreed with the popular opinion that he wasn’t the greatest singer, and is now trying to drag him through the mud.

Lazy critique.

DoleWhipDrea

Quite upsetting to see a person on this forum wish another human being dead because they don’t enjoy what that person does creatively. Seriously, be better.

As someone that’s seen Hamilton, I can say that it really doesn’t take a “side” on the political spectrum. And while the musical isn’t 100 percent historically accurate (it’s entertainment, after all), it does show that all of the founding fathers were flawed individuals, and many of the things they were debating back then are things that we’re still debating now.

You’re also not going to be able to find a creator that can speak about America’s history and politics without having their own opinion on them. It’s Disney and guests visit from all over the world, so they just want something more fun for a wider audience. I welcome this change if it happens. HoP is a divisive attraction, and depending on who is in office, a large amount of visitors will purposefully refuse to step foot inside of the attraction, not wanting to see an animatronic of that President. LMM and WAY are two creators that seem eager to collaborate, and something really unique could liven things up in that section of the park as a result.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom